The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pschic Recipe parts

Karivaa
Karivaa
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing eso for well over a year on Xbox. I try to do my write every day. It's been a super long time since I have received a part of the recipe for pschic ambrosia. I have 4 and I used to occasionally get them. I also have the hirelings.

What's going on with this?

Edited by Karivaa on January 20, 2017 6:48PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RNG sucks. I spent almost a year doing writs trying to get fragment #1 with no luck. Then this week I got 2 of them, back-to-back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate on the fragments seems to have plummeted. I gave up on doing the L6 Writs a couple of weeks ago after not getting any fragments for weeks.

Unfortunately the Fragments have also doubled in prices since the Snipe, I mean the Aetheric Recipe was announced. I guess everyone is trying to make a recipe in hopes of getting the Aether, and the Dust, to make the new Exp Potion.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The drop rate on the fragments seems to have plummeted. I gave up on doing the L6 Writs a couple of weeks ago after not getting any fragments for weeks.

Unfortunately the Fragments have also doubled in prices since the Snipe, I mean the Aetheric Recipe was announced. I guess everyone is trying to make a recipe in hopes of getting the Aether, and the Dust, to make the new Exp Potion.

The last 3 fragments I got were from L6 writs, you never know, might get lucky :)

I think I started around September doing the max provisioning writs, have gotten 12 fragments in that time doing them almost daily on 3 characters, but I have noticed it seems to be harder to get lately with the new aetheric recipe, I think it also explains the max level writs mixing tier 6/7, they changed the drop rate on the fragments to encourage more players to go to the crown store for the potion. I have been trying to sell some frags I have in triplicate through traders for 50k without buyers whereas when the new recipe launched I sold some for 70k pretty quick, I think it might be cooling off a bit?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow lvl 6? lol I'm gonna have to start doing writs on my lowbies!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Wow lvl 6? lol I'm gonna have to start doing writs on my lowbies!

Provisioning rank 6 @Karivaa
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the Fragments have also doubled in prices
    Prices have dropped to the point where i don't sell my fragments anymore. Not worth it at the moment.

I do the Craglorn writs daily on 8 characters and the fragments do drop on a regular basis.
    shades.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I do the Craglorn writs daily on 8 characters and the fragments do drop on a regular basis.
    shades.gif

@SirAndy

They drop on a regular basis for me too, about one every 3 months, just like clockwork.....

Several months ago, I was getting them about once every week or two (across 4 characters doing top end writs), but I am on the thin malnourished threadbare part of the RNG curve now.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif
    They drop on a regular basis for me too, about one every 3 months, just like clockwork.....
    Several months ago, I was getting them about once every week or two (across 4 characters doing top end writs), but I am on the thin malnourished threadbare part of the RNG curve now.
    @Nestor
    One in 3 months? unsure.gif

I get about 3 or 4 a week, sometimes more ...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got another one tonight ...
    :smile:
  • Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    Got another one tonight ...
    :smile:

WOW!!!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic pages have about 5% drop rate. A test last August with 12 crafters gave 6%. That is once per three week for one crafter. With RNG it's very common to have draughts three times the normal drop period and then have several dropping closely. So, e.g. two months without any for one character is commonly happening to everybody.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same experience, here, it seems.

Hadn't gotten a Psijic page in weeks ... then finally got one. Except the page was one that I already had multiple duplicates of.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten 3 Fragment in the last week. Prices are still hovering around 30k on console. I can tell you, they are easily obtainable if you post in zone chat in craglorn. Something along the lines of buying Psijic frags 1, 3, 5 and 7 for x gold each. Personally I would put 15-20k and you'll get the ones you are missing in no time.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely, I got two psi fragments last week on low tier provisioners turning in at places like shadowfen and deshaan.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    I have 8 toons and do the provisioning everyday. I get one about every 2-3 days. The Aetherials just aren't worth the time and effort. They are so rare and difficult to obtain that I would rather spend my time doing other things that give better drop rates, like Perfect Roe.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to hijack this thread but also don't want to start a thread to ask this semi-related question. Does anyone happen to know the value of aetheric cipher on pc? I found one in my inventory and have no use for it so I want to sell it, but I don't know where to start.
    PC | EU
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw some people asking 3 million a while ago. Given the recipe will be available for writ vouchers, the price may be dropping.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw some people asking 3 million a while ago. Given the recipe will be available for writ vouchers, the price may be dropping.

Thanks. I might try asking 2 mil for it and see where that gets me lol. I hate using zone to wts.
    PC | EU
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I am still waiting to get the rest of the recipe parts.
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    I found the drop rate stupidly low for me. In the end stopped doing provisioning writs and just bought the fragments. My bf must have dropped 6/7 in the last month though