Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I really wish I'd rolled a DC character

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
Today, 06 Jan, at 9am CST - DC has both EP and AD pushed to their gates on both Haderus and Azuras. On the only competitive campaign, DC pretty much rolls over both AD and EP during primetime hours.

(sarcasm)
It must be so nice for DC to have 2 buff servers and have nearly full control of the competitive server. Congratulations DC on a job well done. You've chased away all competition on Haderus and Azura's. Must be fun. Look at all the AP you are earning too.
(/sarcasm)

Oh I know we'll hear belly-aching about the 'orange' team and such, and about how DC has the lowest population, and how all the other factions zerg... let it come. I'm sure we'll all enjoy the witty remarks about DC the underdog. (popcorn at the ready)

Okay - on a more serious note... my concerns: It worries me that ZOS has mentioned (many months ago) about adding an additional campaign, but nothing has ever been said since. It worries me that there appears to be a population imbalance heavily favoring one faction, thus reducing the competitive nature of PvP. It worries me that the current state of inequity may cause people to leave PvP completely.

I'm not smart enough to have suggestions on how to fix this or soften my concerns. I am looking at the symptoms, not the root cause. Are there solutions? Will ZOS listen? Will competitive PvP continue to be available?

I'm not looking to create flame or angst - but I am voicing these concerns and curious if ZOS is considering making any changes to PvP to ensure that portion of the game remains viable for the coming months.

Ray
Ray
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The DC have been flooding BwB on PC NA for a good while as well. AD and EP make progress here and there and then the DC just night cap everything with a massive zerg Every. Single. Day.

And it's all because there are so many little farts who just want to join the side that's already winning by a landslide simply because they always have way more people.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • concegual
    concegual
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure the fix... We play DC haderus pc and some nights we are the only DC group running against quite large AD and EP groups...other nights DC rolls in from another campaign and runs the place over. Hard to find balance for sure...
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple Fix to stacking

1. Most populated faction

50/66/80/90% Reduced AP for every bar they have over the second most-populated faction.

2. Least populated factoin

100%/200%/500%/1000% Bonus AP for every bar they have under the second least-populated faction

That would draw faction-hoppers very quickly to the losing side. Give incentives to play the weaker faction and the population imbalance will fix itself.
    Edited by Jamini on January 17, 2017 7:24PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add battlegrounds ASAP. Cyrodiil will die shortly after but at this point who really cares. Cyrodiil performs terribly and zerging, ap farming with huge population imbalances is a sad excuse for pvp.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Today, 06 Jan, at 9am CST - DC has both EP and AD pushed to their gates on both Haderus and Azuras. On the only competitive campaign, DC pretty much rolls over both AD and EP during primetime hours.

(sarcasm)
    It must be so nice for DC to have 2 buff servers and have nearly full control of the competitive server. Congratulations DC on a job well done. You've chased away all competition on Haderus and Azura's. Must be fun. Look at all the AP you are earning too.
    (/sarcasm)

Oh I know we'll hear belly-aching about the 'orange' team and such, and about how DC has the lowest population, and how all the other factions zerg... let it come. I'm sure we'll all enjoy the witty remarks about DC the underdog. (popcorn at the ready)

Okay - on a more serious note... my concerns: It worries me that ZOS has mentioned (many months ago) about adding an additional campaign, but nothing has ever been said since. It worries me that there appears to be a population imbalance heavily favoring one faction, thus reducing the competitive nature of PvP. It worries me that the current state of inequity may cause people to leave PvP completely.

I'm not smart enough to have suggestions on how to fix this or soften my concerns. I am looking at the symptoms, not the root cause. Are there solutions? Will ZOS listen? Will competitive PvP continue to be available?

I'm not looking to create flame or angst - but I am voicing these concerns and curious if ZOS is considering making any changes to PvP to ensure that portion of the game remains viable for the coming months.

Ray

gonna assume this guy is either a troll, or he refering to console. but in north america pc dc is the underdog in general pop and on the competitive campaign. ep/ad both zerg most of the day with at least 1 sometimes 2 50+ man zergs. dc only ever fields 1 30+ man zerg during peak pvp time.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what time zone you are in. But, DC regularly has pop equal to or greater than EP and AD.
    This is PCNA Trueflame. I often see DC run 60-90 man zergs here. I was attacked by another group of DC that hit me from behind. Which aren't in this picture. But there are at least 40 you can see. But you are right DC usually only has one zerg, and that's because almost the whole faction zergs as one. Ive seen VE, blood of daggerfall, legions of mordor, iron legion and K-hole all together to retake ***. It was well over 100dc at an outpost.

All Factions Zerg

wAkwd0Z.png
    Edited by kyle.wilson on January 23, 2017 3:40AM
  • Nilmot
    Nilmot
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you're talking about US primetime, BoD is the only guild you listed that runs close to a full raid, and that's usually for only about an hour or so. We typically hover in the 16-20 range. I think VE tends to run smaller, around 12 as a guess. Iron Legion hasn't run often lately, although you may see their tabards as individuals, but both they and LoM are smaller as well.

We don't coordinate often with VE, so we do occasionally hit the same place, but typically we try not to. If all of our organized primetime groups ran at one place(which basically never happens) you'd probably get 1 raid of 20, and a couple of 12. That occurs occasionally in either the Ales-to-Chal corridor or the Ash-to-Roe where PUGs from all sides also tend to funnel. We wouldn't do that because we want to though, we'd much rather our organized groups be able to hit multiple targets at the same time, but sometimes, mass requires mass.

EP has PM, Haxus and Invictus and AD has DK, Fantasia and Hircine. We're all the same. If anything I'd guess that DC typically has fewer organized groups running, during primetime BoD is quite often the only one.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play on BwB NA OFTEN and i can tell you that AD pushed MANY DC out of BwB for multiple months ... there was an AD guild who ran 4 full size groups to each keep ... ad constantly had pop lock in BwB and it became very unenjoyable playing in that campaign... many of us including myself left for a good amount of time ( some of us lasting longer than others ) to the point that DC was only at 1 bar for the majority of the day. I started playing in AS for a few weeks then became bored with that and moved onto TF for a while . The current state of BwB lately has been pretty balanced lately though ( other than EP needing more numbers )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to play a lot for AD on Azura and you lay the blame at DC while its the attitude of players within (I can only speak for AD) the faction it self that is the problem. I barely saw any pug groups that didnt require you to join a guild or you had to play for a while to even know how to get into a group that runs auto invite because everyone wants some silly fancy word to use to let people join their group because they are too good for a simple LFG. And when you make a group yourself so the lone players can help and you ask around seeing if any of the guild run groups wanna work together to get things done they either ignore you or are too damn busy fighting at that useless bridge. And when things dont work out the only thing you will read in the zone chat is complaining against everyone but no one tries finding a solution no because pointing fingers is much easier. In my opinion thats the reason AD keeps getting pushed back. Sorry for the rant but I just want to put it out there. Try changing what you can yourself first then ask ZoS for help.
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    I used to play a lot for AD on Azura and you lay the blame at DC while its the attitude of players within (I can only speak for AD) the faction it self that is the problem. I barely saw any pug groups that didnt require you to join a guild or you had to play for a while to even know how to get into a group that runs auto invite because everyone wants some silly fancy word to use to let people join their group because they are too good for a simple LFG. And when you make a group yourself so the lone players can help and you ask around seeing if any of the guild run groups wanna work together to get things done they either ignore you or are too damn busy fighting at that useless bridge. And when things dont work out the only thing you will read in the zone chat is complaining against everyone but no one tries finding a solution no because pointing fingers is much easier. In my opinion thats the reason AD keeps getting pushed back. Sorry for the rant but I just want to put it out there. Try changing what you can yourself first then ask ZoS for help.

This is so very true. This is also the fact I am in the process of rerolling, some more of my AD characters to EP. The state of mentality of AD these days is insufferable. As a player returning to Cyrodiil after being away for more then 6 month. Friends haven't played for more then 2 months, old PvP guilds disbanded, only to be met with this, on AD. Well needless to say it's no wonder most new ADs are rolling solo ganking hero builds, and refusing to work with such people who shun them. Better AP in ganking then trying to help some guild group, that just reject and trash you, what ever chance they get.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haters gonna hate...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That attitude and lack of enthusiasm on the part of AD is probably a result of them being constantly zerged down for months by the opposing factions in Azura's with no end in sight. Why would you care about the status of the map enough to rally your faction if any progress you make will be instantly erased by Azura's night-emping EP "pro" guilds and daycapping DC PvDoor guilds. Many of AD's best players are probably now even in this boat. That said, neither of the perma-zerg factions are able to hang with AD factionVfaction during primetime lately which is probably the only reason the good players stick around -- not to win hearts and minds.
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on March 1, 2017 6:59PM
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

That attitude and lack of enthusiasm on the part of AD is probably a result of them being constantly zerged down for months by the opposing factions in Azura's with no end in sight. Why would you care about the status of the map enough to rally your faction if any progress you make will be instantly erased by Azura's night-emping EP "pro" guilds and daycapping DC PvDoor guilds. Many of AD's best players are probably now even in this boat. That said, neither of the perma-zerg factions are able to hang with AD factionVfaction during primetime lately which is probably the only reason the good players stick around -- not to win hearts and minds.

Hysterical. You responded to the previous post with exactly the kind of one sided, elitist view that the previous post was describing. Plus all this crap about zerg factions is such bull crap. All the pics and videos in the world will never prove anything either. When your facing a zerg it's a zerg. When your part of a zerg, no one complains about it. And spare me the "I dont zerg" statements. Everyone zergs. Wether their small grp ends up surrounded by larger grps or they aren't willing to admit they do, everyone rides that zerg train at some point. Finally, we have all suffered long losing streaks at some point if we have stuck with a faction. The reasons behind that are too fluid to pin down so why try? I guess if your just trying to let off some steam on the forums, but it seems pretty unproductive if you ask me.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the problems Adirondack and others have indicated are difficult, and perhaps impossible, to solve completely. But I do believe there are steps that could be taken by ZOS to help mitigate the problems, beginning with locking factions by campaign. Simply require players to choose a faction at the start of a 30 days TF campaign and once the campaign begins THE ACCOUNT IS LOCKED TO THAT FACTION FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH. It would also require accounts to be locked by campaign. Players shouldn't be allowed to interfere in campaigns they have no investment in. Commit already to ONE side and just stay there. If after the campaign is over you'd like to try another faction....go for it! But people changing factions to crown an emperor, gang up on/zerg down a certain faction, etc.in the middle of a hard fought campaign is BAD for the game. One mans opinion...
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree with campaign locks.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We used to have campaign locks and they were removed.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Did they give a reason why they removed it?
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they give a reason why they removed it?

If I recall correctly, they received feedback that campaign locks prevented players being able to play with their friends.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    With OneTamriel now a reality there's no reason players can't hang with whomever they choose in the vast majority of the game, just not in PvP areas for OBVIOUS reasons. There's a lot of chicanery going on in Cyro nowadays. It's detrimental to the game to allow it to continue.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just let them nightcap and have a tea party at ad and ep gates, we'll get something back during the primetime
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haderus has been dominated in the last several months by EP and AD PvDoor guilds farming emp; in fact that's pretty much the purpose of that server at this point. Glad to see DC is at least present (through preferably not in this way) to throw a wrench into the Haderus monkeyworks.

I wouldn't worry too much about factions nightcapping on Azura's, that practice is reserved for the factions who can't hang during primetime when keeps actually get defended, and it only solidifys that factions image as a potato even if it affects the score. Just gotta roll with the lame aspects of ZoS' campaign "design" and have fun anyway.

Can't really comment on the Trueflame experience, its been a long time since I ventured back into the kiddie pool of campaigns.

Play the faction you like with people you like; profit.
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on March 24, 2017 8:32PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow... I remember when we (DC) were out numbered 24x7... clearly campaigns have changed.

I put a new ALT in XBOX NA BWB last night and expected the old guerilla warfare.. WOW! DC had almost the entire map. I think I liked being the "undedog" better, even if it was demoralizing over time.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    we are lions, what do you expect ?

on EU all AD are in trueflame, all EP are in azura. All DC spread out and have a harder job. This is why we are the best. l2p as a faction or don't cry