Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Sanies Lupinus removing

Alexium
Alexium
✭✭✭
Can I remove Sanies Lupinus from the active effects menu? How? Already werewolf and don't want to lose skill line. May I go to priest and ask him only for disease cure? Is it confirmed solution?
Edited by Alexium on March 7, 2016 11:32AM

Best Answers

• FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanies Lupinus and Lycanthropy are both the same thing. Sanies Lupinus is just the term for the disease of Lycanthropy. So if you cure "Sanies Lupinus", you'll also cure your Lycanthropy. So there's no real way to remove it without losing the lines.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Answer ✓
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I found one more thing. At least on the PTS I CAN to cure Sanies Lupinus without loosing Lycanthropy & werewolf skills. I tested it. And this is answer on my original question! Now I'll try it on the live server.

P.S. Tried it! All work. Priest may cure you from disease only. It is a workaround. Just to cure Sanies Lupinus after completing Hircine's Gift quest.
    Edited by Alexium on August 13, 2016 5:27AM
    Answer ✓
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    If you get cured, you lose your werewolf skills.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
    EU/UK. Xbox One.
    Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Even if I'll select dialog option to cure Sanies Lupinus not Lycanthropy?
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    Sanies Lupinus = Lycanthropy

No Sanies Lupinus = NO Lycanthropy

As stated above Sanies Lupinus causes Lycanthropy you can't have one without the other.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I see. It is feature now. But why priest have two dialog options, different for Lycanthropy and Sanies Lupinus?
    Edited by Alexium on March 7, 2016 12:00PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are not the same thing. Sanies is the initial disease which allows you to enter the werewolf quest and transform the first time. Sanies Lupinus active effect used to wear off after 7 days. So once you became a full werewolf you would only have Lycanthropy in your active effects. Sanies Lupinus would become obsolete. But since the update where they removed the 7 day timer for Sanies, it now stays in your active effects, which is pointless.

So yes what the OP is asking is that they are already a werewolf, can the needless Sanies Lupinus effect be removed like before since we don't need it once we have Lycanthropy?

There's no way of doing this in game ourselves now (as far as I know) so this is a Dev question. @ZOS_GinaBruno is there any word on getting rid of Sanies Lupinus once we have werewolf? Since its only acting as spam in our active effects window.

This was discussed in my werewolf improvement thread here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/239891/my-suggestions-for-improving-werewolves

EDIT:
    It has since been discovered that you can indeed remove Sanies Lupinus now, by curing it at the mages guild, and you will still be a werewolf as long as you don't choose to remove Lycanthropy itself. But we shouldn't have to do this! It should disappear automatically once becoming a full werewolf, just like it used to...
    Edited by Glaiceana on January 24, 2017 10:36PM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I tried contact with Tech Support but they can't understand me. They can't answer something official. Just sending me to the priest thinking I want to cure fully. So sad... I'll happy if they answer me "Sorry user, but this effect will forever in active".
    Edited by Alexium on March 9, 2016 8:32AM
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I found what NPC bitten effect was removed correctly after quest end. They fixed it? Or this trouble only with player bitten?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanies is a prerequisite for starting the werewolf quest(a healthy player will get it after damaged by the special werewolf NPCs). It is supposed to disappear (and be replaced by lycantropy) after you complete the werewolf quest. If you had both sanies and lycantropy at the same time then that was a bug.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it a bug ? Or is there a hidden timer or something ?

Long time ago I unlocked werewolf skill line and only lycanthophy effect stayed. "Sanies Lupinus" effect disappeared.

But now I unlocked werewolf skill line on second character and I have BOTH "Sanies Lupinus" and "Lycanthropy" in my active effects. The "Sanies Lupinus" has no timer - will it stay that forever ?!

And furthermore - I can do "Hircine's Gift" quest multiple times. The NPC in Riften has a repeatable quest mark... something is wrong here.
    It is not like it is something game braking.. but it is annoying as hell... :'(
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So is it a bug ? Or is there a hidden timer or something ?

Long time ago I unlocked werewolf skill line and only lycanthophy effect stayed. "Sanies Lupinus" effect disappeared.

But now I unlocked werewolf skill line on second character and I have BOTH "Sanies Lupinus" and "Lycanthropy" in my active effects. The "Sanies Lupinus" has no timer - will it stay that forever ?!

And furthermore - I can do "Hircine's Gift" quest multiple times. The NPC in Riften has a repeatable quest mark... something is wrong here.
    It is not like it is something game braking.. but it is annoying as hell... :'(
    @Tommy_The_Gun There's no hidden timer. And yes you're right, on my main and my second character, Sanies Lupinus disappeared on its own, because it used to always come with a 7 day timer. But on my "new" werewolf characters since then, and obviously everyone else's characters since that update, you will get permanent Sanies Lupinus, even if you already became a werewolf and have Lycanthropy in active effects. I believe it is an accidental effect caused by removing the timer.

Sanies will stay forever now, UNLESS you go to the priest in the mages guild, and ask him to cure it, and ONLY it, you will still remain a werewolf as long as you only choose to cure Sanies Lupinus, then you won't have the pointless effect anymore. :)

Again, the ability to do the quest over and over is most likely caused by this same issue. I haven't been able to recreate it for myself though as I went and deleted Sanies off my other 2 characters, (have 4 werewolf characters in total).
    Reported the bug a long time ago, but maybe a new report would help...
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok sorry for double post but I can now confirm that.

When you are infected with "Sanies Lupinus" - now you have access to "Hircine's Gift" quest that will unlock "werewolf" skill line. It will add "Lycanthropy" effect.

The "Sanies Lupinus" effect used to disappear automatically but for some reason it does not any more.
    Now you have both active effects:
    "Lycanthropy" - you have werewolf skill line
    "Sanies Lupinus" - you have access to repeatable "Hircine's Gift" quest.

Now, what you have to do instead is to go to priest in mages guild in Riften. He will have 2 dialogue options:
    1. Remove "Sanies Lupinus" effect (about 50 gold ) - it will ONLY remove "Sanies Lupinus" effect - disabling the ability to do "Hircine's Gift" quest over and over again.
    2. Remove "Lycanthropy" effect (about 400 gold) - it removes the werewolf skill line.

So if I have already have "Lycanthropy" unlocked then I was able to safely remove "Sanies Lupinus" effect. It only removed
    "Sanies Lupinus" effect. "Lycanthropy" effect stayed, Werewolf skill line stayed.

:smiley:
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Sanies Lupinus effect not making quest repeatable for me. Tested it some time ago.

Maybe I posted it already somewhere... There are 2 effects: both same name Sanies Lupinus but... First one (from mobs bite) have description about werewolf scraps, second one (from player bite) haven't it. First - correctly removing after quest, second - no.
    Edited by Alexium on January 28, 2017 11:52AM