The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Guild motif chapters?

HrolleifTheUnbroken
I really want the thieves guild set, I have LOVED the guild since Skyrim. I have not been able to find them at all. I have mercenary swords and dwarven maces that i would like to trade for Thieves Guild motifs. I'll trade both chapters for one.
PS4. If you're interested, comment below. Thanks!
Edited by HrolleifTheUnbroken on September 26, 2016 4:24AM

Best Answers

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    You get the thieves guild motifs from doing the heists, if you do it within the time limit for the highest reward it's a guaranteed motif chapter.

Get some gear so you can sneak at normal speed (or use the vampire passive if you are one) and some invisibility potions to help you.

NB during the heist if you're not going to be able to complete it within the time you can abandon the quest and pick it straight back up again.

With a little practice to learn the layouts and guard movements most of them are fairly easy.

If you can find someone to swap duplicates with or sell them to buy ones you're missing you'll only need to complete 14 successfully to get the full motif.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
    Answer ✓
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You get the thieves guild motifs from doing the heists, if you do it within the time limit for the highest reward it's a guaranteed motif chapter.

Get some gear so you can sneak at normal speed (or use the vampire passive if you are one) and some invisibility potions to help you.

NB during the heist if you're not going to be able to complete it within the time you can abandon the quest and pick it straight back up again.

With a little practice to learn the layouts and guard movements most of them are fairly easy.

If you can find someone to swap duplicates with or sell them to buy ones you're missing you'll only need to complete 14 successfully to get the full motif.

I guess that's the thing haha, I don't have the DLC, haven't been able to buy it yet so I figured the next best thing would be to look for something to trade. Normally I'd look for it but I don't have the means to do so at the moment.

oh, I was going to advice you the Night`s Silence set gear, which with its 5 piece bonus increases the speed while sneaking....

hmm, but if you do not have the DLC, then the only option is to buy it in guild stores or trade it with other players
    Answer ✓
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken

I guess that's the thing haha, I don't have the DLC, haven't been able to buy it yet so I figured the next best thing would be to look for something to trade. Normally I'd look for it but I don't have the means to do so at the moment.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thieves motifs are awful cheap now. In my guild they sell for 200-300 gold per page.(PC/EU)
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • HrolleifTheUnbroken
    Thieves motifs are awful cheap now. In my guild they sell for 200-300 gold per page.(PC/EU)

Wow that would be amazing! Unfortunately I am playing PS4/NA where people put motifs up for +9K for just belts. It's amazing really -___-
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for Necro. Where in the world does TG Helms and Belts come from?!? About 100 perfect heists in, still haven't seen either. Help?!?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kvlou79

I can confirm that all chapters drop from the heists, but only perfect completions. If you're not seeing helmets and belts (I know helmets are rare drops for that motif...I thought belts were common, but maybe not), I would advise selling your spare motifs and just buying the chapters in a guild store. This always helps me speed up a motif collection. Right now I'm selling my TG spares for 15-25k.

Wayrest and mournhold have the best stocked stores on PS4 right now.