The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The problems never end ZOS!

• Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    Robisok74 wrote: »
    1mirg wrote: »
    I am really finding it hard to keep my cool
    Loading times can be a severe issue for low end model computers. But I personally think this is more of a issue on your end than there own. If you can't get a new computer than I would suggest alt+tabbing out of the game while it's on a loadscreen, try watching a video or two then come back. No need to rush, man. Just take deep breaths and relax. You'll find that you'll enjoy your time more that way.

XBOX ONE S

60Mbps fibre connection

All XBOX and ESO ports forwarded

No sorry. Not my problem. In fact there are days when things work remarkably well, but they are far and few between..

I would recommend doing the ports mapped to a device name and mac address and not to an IP. The router can assign an IP to another device. If they are mapped to the MAC and device name, the settings will always follow. I started doing this a few months into playing the game and I rarely have lag or loading issues.

Sorry to point this out, but if you read a few posts back you will see that have covered this and still I'm having issues. I don't work in IT but i have a degree in networking along with some CCNA certification, so know a little bit about network/router settings and port forwarding. Thanks for your input anyway. :)
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: Unable to enter the silvenars audience hall. Doing a solo quest in Malabal Tor. Not a dungeon, just a simple quest.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading times can be a severe issue for low end model computers. But I personally think this is more of a issue on your end than there own. If you can't get a new computer than I would suggest alt+tabbing out of the game while it's on a loadscreen, try watching a video or two then come back. No need to rush, man. Just take deep breaths and relax. You'll find that you'll enjoy your time more that way.

XBOX ONE S

60Mbps fibre connection

No sorry. Not my problem. In fact there are days when things work remarkably well, but they are far and few between..

I would recommend doing the ports mapped to a device name and mac address and not to an IP. The router can assign an IP to another device. If they are mapped to the MAC and device name, the settings will always follow. I started doing this a few months into playing the game and I rarely have lag or loading issues.

Sorry to point this out, but if you read a few posts back you will see that have covered this and still I'm having issues. I don't work in IT but i have a degree in networking along with some CCNA certification, so know a little bit about network/router settings and port forwarding. Thanks for your input anyway. :)

I know :) I was sort of just confirming with my own experiences. Actually I'm glad that I finally see a post where someone else is using device/mac address too. I've been posting the info for months and people don't seem to listen and would rather just complain :) Honestly it would be nice if ZOS would confirm it and make it official because it is a solution for lag and loading issues.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely a Zos issue I haven't played a game that gives me more problems then ESO does I play this game on Xbox One and this game is barely playable. I can play every other game on Xbox One you name it FF15, The Division, Neverwinter, STO etc and I have little to no problems ever

If this was a console issue then every game would be having major problems since most of these game are either older then ESO or newer and have better graphics ESO has the most bugs of any game on console if this wasn't a Elder Scrolls Mmo nobody would play this.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    This is definitely a Zos issue I haven't played a game that gives me more problems then ESO does I play this game on Xbox One and this game is barely playable. I can play every other game on Xbox One you name it FF15, The Division, Neverwinter, STO etc and I have little to no problems ever

If this was a console issue then every game would be having major problems since most of these game are either older then ESO or newer and have better graphics ESO has the most bugs of any game on console if this wasn't a Elder Scrolls Mmo nobody would play this.

How would you explain some having issues, and some having none at all?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭

I typically play PvE, not PvP. I have no issues at all. I very very rarely get kicked to desktop, experience very little lag or have long loading issues when traveling. This includes high populated areas .....

I think is pertains to internet. ESO not only has to have data sync to your console and your data needs to sync with ESO for the other players. There is a lot of data. Every character has custom armor, weapons and colors. All this data needs to sync. When there is an issue with internet, this data cannot sync causing issues .....

All the other games mentioned do not need half of the data sync that ESO needs. Most of the items in these games are generic, so the data like armor, etc already exist on your console. So less data transfer is needed. ESO has a couple dozen armors and weapons in addition to the custom modifications by each player that has data to be send up/down .....

The download data is not the only problem, the upload also comes in to play. I have a 75Mbps upload and download internet service. Most providers do not provide the same, the upload is about 25% of the download. If there are issues with the upload data to the server, there will be issues. If I am another player in the same area as you and need to see your data. If your internet has issues providing this, there will be issues .....

If the issue is ESO, how come most of the people are not complaining on the forums. If the issue was ESO, everyone playing the game would be on the forums complaining. That is not the case, so the small percentage with issues are probably due to internet provider issues .....

• CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »

I typically play PvE, not PvP. I have no issues at all. I very very rarely get kicked to desktop, experience very little lag or have long loading issues when traveling. This includes high populated areas .....

I think is pertains to internet. ESO not only has to have data sync to your console and your data needs to sync with ESO for the other players. There is a lot of data. Every character has custom armor, weapons and colors. All this data needs to sync. When there is an issue with internet, this data cannot sync causing issues .....

All the other games mentioned do not need half of the data sync that ESO needs. Most of the items in these games are generic, so the data like armor, etc already exist on your console. So less data transfer is needed. ESO has a couple dozen armors and weapons in addition to the custom modifications by each player that has data to be send up/down .....

The download data is not the only problem, the upload also comes in to play. I have a 75Mbps upload and download internet service. Most providers do not provide the same, the upload is about 25% of the download. If there are issues with the upload data to the server, there will be issues. If I am another player in the same area as you and need to see your data. If your internet has issues providing this, there will be issues .....

If the issue is ESO, how come most of the people are not complaining on the forums. If the issue was ESO, everyone playing the game would be on the forums complaining. That is not the case, so the small percentage with issues are probably due to internet provider issues .....

Yeah this too :)

I often see people comparing it to fps and other mmo games. Every game handles data differently. I really think it comes down to the fact that some people want to complain and blame it on others. It is somehow easier than spending 10 minutes configuring a router properly.

I don't have issues, because my gear is configured properly. But people still ignore the suggestions and quite a few made by others. Ok, be happy being unhappy :)
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭

Yeah this too :)

I often see people comparing it to fps and other mmo games. Every game handles data differently. I really think it comes down to the fact that some people want to complain and blame it on others. It is somehow easier than spending 10 minutes configuring a router properly.

I don't have issues, because my gear is configured properly. But people still ignore the suggestions and quite a few made by others. Ok, be happy being unhappy :)

You really haven't paid attention to this thread have you? Either that or your not able too. There are people complaining daily if you took the time to read the forums, rather than trying to troll this one!
    Maybe read through before leaving comments that quite frankly are insulting not just to me but to a VERY large section of the community. If you can't offer constructive input then please feel free to start your own thread on how great you are at networking. Hey maybe go and work for ZOS and sort this mess out smarty!!!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Xbox One elite, Xbox One S, Xbox One standard (different years)

Very possible that ESO reacts differently with each of these consoles.

I have an elite and a standard (day one edition). There are very clear graphical and performance differences between the two when playing ESO. Other games? Haven't noticed yet.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ve better graphics ESO has the most bugs of any game on console if this wasn't a Elder Scrolls Mmo

You really haven't paid attention to this thread have you? Either that or your not able too. There are people complaining daily if you took the time to read the forums, rather than trying to troll this one!
    Maybe read through before leaving comments that quite frankly are insulting not just to me but to a VERY large section of the community. If you can't offer constructive input then please feel free to start your own thread on how great you are at networking. Hey maybe go and work for ZOS and sort this mess out smarty!!!

I have sorted it out for myself through a certain method of networking configuration and contributed to several threads on the subject with the information. It has also been confirmed by others.

I know it works for myself and others. If people try suggestions and they work, great. If not, at least they tried to fix it instead of doing nothing except pointing fingers. Its easy to pay attention to all the threads like this because they all say the same thing. They go on and on about it and seem to ignore given suggestions that work for others. <---key words here. They do work for others.

If you find it insulting to get suggestions on how to fix it, the problem is with your own entitlement, not the efforts of other people that wish to try to help you.

I could just ignore the mountain of threads like this. But I try to make the effort to give suggestions that work. you have nothing to lose from the attempt, except maybe your sanity.

Edited by CapnPhoton on January 16, 2017 3:21AM
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    ve better graphics ESO has the most bugs of any game on console if this wasn't a Elder Scrolls Mmo

I have sorted it out for myself through a certain method of networking configuration and contributed to several threads on the subject with the information. It has also been confirmed by others.

I know it works for myself and others. If people try suggestions and they work, great. If not, at least they tried to fix it instead of doing nothing except pointing fingers. Its easy to pay attention to all the threads like this because they all say the same thing. They go on and on about it and seem to ignore given suggestions that work for others. <---key words here. They do work for others.

If you find it insulting to get suggestions on how to fix it, the problem is with your own entitlement, not the efforts of other people that wish to try to help you.

I could just ignore the mountain of threads like this. But I try to make the effort to give suggestions that work. you have nothing to lose from the attempt, except maybe your sanity.

The thing is, that at least for me, I haven't always had this problem. The problem of endless loading only started about a month ago and I haven't changed anything on my end. Doesn't that mean it must be an issue on their end? I must be a problem created by zos not by myself right?
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE:

Well, this week has so far given me my best and worst experiences since this issue started. On Saturday only one character had the issue, and deleting the 'local' file cured it.

On Sunday my first character loaded and the other nine all failed to load (after 10 file deletions and 9 complete restarts).

It'll be interesting to see what happens after the maintenance this week (probably very little, because what was due to a memory management issue last June is still going to be a memory management issue if you do nothing about it)
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mad0ni0n wrote: »

The thing is, that at least for me, I haven't always had this problem. The problem of endless loading only started about a month ago and I haven't changed anything on my end. Doesn't that mean it must be an issue on their end? I must be a problem created by zos not by myself right?

How are you configuring the required ports? Are you mapping them to an IP address or creating a device name (with automatically assigned mac address) in your connected devices page?

This is what works for me: On connected devices page locate the gaming device. Give it a name. On your port forwarding page, map the needed ports to the device name instead of its currently assigned IP. This way, it follows the device even if the router assigns a different IP because the device always has the same mac address. The only way it would lose the mac address is if you have to delete and redo your network settings (consoles). Then it would be a simple matter of changing the device name again in the connected devices page to exactly the same as it was before. Note: older routers might not have the ability to name devices.

When I first started playing, I mapped to an IP. Then one day it was having severe issues.After a few days I looked at the router and the Xbox was not assigned to the same IP as the ports. The router had assigned it a different IP after a power failure (just 1 number off).

I then mapped everything to the device name I created and it has had very few issues in 17 months. The few issues experienced since then were ISP issues before I switched to a different provider.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭

How are you configuring the required ports? Are you mapping them to an IP address or creating a device name (with automatically assigned mac address) in your connected devices page?

This is what works for me: On connected devices page locate the gaming device. Give it a name. On your port forwarding page, map the needed ports to the device name instead of its currently assigned IP. This way, it follows the device even if the router assigns a different IP because the device always has the same mac address. The only way it would lose the mac address is if you have to delete and redo your network settings (consoles). Then it would be a simple matter of changing the device name again in the connected devices page to exactly the same as it was before. Note: older routers might not have the ability to name devices.

When I first started playing, I mapped to an IP. Then one day it was having severe issues.After a few days I looked at the router and the Xbox was not assigned to the same IP as the ports. The router had assigned it a different IP after a power failure (just 1 number off).

I then mapped everything to the device name I created and it has had very few issues in 17 months. The few issues experienced since then were ISP issues before I switched to a different provider.

You didn't answer my question.
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    Having previously stating this ona

@CapnPhoton

As i have previously stated in this thread, i have an honors degree in networking as well as CCNA certification. As you can't be bothered to read through i will give you the steps i have taken to configure my router and XboxOne.

1. In Advanced settings /lan ip settings. I have assigned an ip address 192. 168.0.20 to my XboxOne wired network card (as I'm using a direct ethernet connection) mac address.

Note XboxOne has a wired and a wireless network card that have separate mac addresses (I have configured both).

As people have correctly pointed out your Mac address is a physical address that doesn't change. Assigning the ip of 192.168.0.20 to this mac address ensures that my router will assign this ip to my XboxOne every time it connects rather than giving it a random address in the given range of 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.
    254 via DHCP

In simple terms the router assignes my XboxOne a static ip.I also do this with my sons XboxOne so that i can set a schedule to limit his access.

2 . In security / firewall rules. I have all of the ports that i have forwarded I. e x box, eso etc. I have set a range of addresses from 192.168.0.20 to 192.168.0.30 that i have set to allow always.

Note only these addresses have the ports open for them as opening them for the whole network would be a security issue.

So basically when i switch my XboxOne device on, my router assignes it with the address of 192.168.0.20 (every time) via its physical mac address. This address has access to the ports i have forwarded I. e XboxOne, eso(if you want i will give you a list of the ports i have forwarded) Although they are easy to find if you Google it.

Note: You do not map by the device name, although it may make it easier to keep track of if you have set up rules for multiple devices, it is the Mac address that the router uses to map the ip, although in some cases the router may ask you to give it a name(you can name it what you want).

So anyway if there is anything i have missed in configuring my XboxOne /router to be able to access the eso servers and use the service i am paying for please feel free to enlighten me :)
    Edited by Robisok74 on January 16, 2017 8:45PM
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    @CapnPhoton

Maybe read through before leaving comments that quite frankly are insulting not just to me but to a VERY large section of the community. If you can't offer constructive input then please feel free to start your own thread on how great you are at networking. Hey maybe go and work for ZOS and sort this mess out smarty!!! [/quote]

[/quote]

The thing is, that at least for me, I haven't always had this problem. The problem of endless loading only started about a month ago and I haven't changed anything on my end. Doesn't that mean it must be an issue on their end? I must be a problem created by zos not by myself right?[/quote]

[/quote]

You didn't answer my question.[/quote]

@CapnPhoton

Also you have totally contradicted your previous post as you really where not trying to help. Please correct me if i am wrong.,but please read your previous post before answering this. I think you where just looking for a rise, which is what you got.

I personally don't think you know what you are talking about, you just didn't have anything better to do, other than try to wind people up with your childish 'supposed' networking expertise lol!
    Edited by Robisok74 on January 16, 2017 8:48PM
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It could be on their end but not necessarily. Or it could at times be a combination of both. The only thing to really do is make sure you know that you are configured properly. Then you know its not on your end, and that the problem is with the servers or your ISP.

The snowflake that posted right before me (after the entitled rant) has another good method of doing it. It is your choice really, but you can definitely rule out issues on your end.
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭

It could be on their end but not necessarily. Or it could at times be a combination of both. The only thing to really do is make sure you know that you are configured properly. Then you know its not on your end, and that the problem is with the servers or your ISP.

The snowflake that posted right before me (after the entitled rant) has another good method of doing it. It is your choice really, but you can definitely rule out issues on your end.

Mate you are now talking in riddles and to an extent agreeing with something you disagreed with in a previous post.As i said i really don't think you have a clue what you are talking about as you keep contradicting yourself.

So we will leave it as, you have some kind of opinion and that is yours whatever that might be?

The rest of us will keep posting in the hope that the issues with the ZOS . 'megaserver' are in some way addressed..
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any Xbox1 issues for login errors and inability to connect have been resolved. Appears there is nothing else to be resolved by ZOS that I am aware of. Hopefully now everyone with issues in this post can play the game as most of the players can play the game .....

I did not experience these issues, but hopefully it resolves the issues posted here .....
    Hi everyone,

Between Friday and Sunday, the North American ESO megaservers suffered intermittent DDOS attacks. While brief, the attacks caused disruptions in connectivity and ability to log into ESO on the affected servers at different points over the weekend. We also discovered an unrelated technical issue with the Xbox One North American server on Sunday (Jan. 15) that resulted in login errors and inability to connect to the game.

We worked through the weekend to mitigate the DDOS attacks and resolved the Xbox One technical issues – thank you all for your patience.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314472/eso-server-issues-jan-13-15
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    Any Xbox1 issues for login errors and inability to connect have been resolved. Appears there is nothing else to be resolved by ZOS that I am aware of. Hopefully now everyone with issues in this post can play the game as most of the players can play the game .....

I did not experience these issues, but hopefully it resolves the issues posted here .....
    Hi everyone,

Between Friday and Sunday, the North American ESO megaservers suffered intermittent DDOS attacks. While brief, the attacks caused disruptions in connectivity and ability to log into ESO on the affected servers at different points over the weekend. We also discovered an unrelated technical issue with the Xbox One North American server on Sunday (Jan. 15) that resulted in login errors and inability to connect to the game.

We worked through the weekend to mitigate the DDOS attacks and resolved the Xbox One technical issues – thank you all for your patience.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/314472/eso-server-issues-jan-13-15

Need to do the same with the XboxOne EU megaserver!. Maybe we will stop posting then! This is not an issue that started over the weekend, just by looking at the date this thread was started will tell you that.

As i have said there are times when the game works really well and other times it is terrible.

The grouping tool is particularly bad. If you haven't noticed that then you are truly blessed and i and many others are envious of you.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having previously stating this ona

@CapnPhoton

As i have previously stated in this thread, i have an honors degree in networking as well as CCNA certification. As you can't be bothered to read through i will give you the steps i have taken to configure my router and XboxOne.

1. In Advanced settings /lan ip settings. I have assigned an ip address 192. 168.0.20 to my XboxOne wired network card (as I'm using a direct ethernet connection) mac address.

Note XboxOne has a wired and a wireless network card that have separate mac addresses (I have configured both).

As people have correctly pointed out your Mac address is a physical address that doesn't change. Assigning the ip of 192.168.0.20 to this mac address ensures that my router will assign this ip to my XboxOne every time it connects rather than giving it a random address in the given range of 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.
    254 via DHCP

In simple terms the router assignes my XboxOne a static ip.I also do this with my sons XboxOne so that i can set a schedule to limit his access.

2 . In security / firewall rules. I have all of the ports that i have forwarded I. e x box, eso etc. I have set a range of addresses from 192.168.0.20 to 192.168.0.30 that i have set to allow always.

Note only these addresses have the ports open for them as opening them for the whole network would be a security issue.

So basically when i switch my XboxOne device on, my router assignes it with the address of 192.168.0.20 (every time) via its physical mac address. This address has access to the ports i have forwarded I. e XboxOne, eso(if you want i will give you a list of the ports i have forwarded) Although they are easy to find if you Google it.

Note: You do not map by the device name, although it may make it easier to keep track of if you have set up rules for multiple devices, it is the Mac address that the router uses to map the ip, although in some cases the router may ask you to give it a name(you can name it what you want).

So anyway if there is anything i have missed in configuring my XboxOne /router to be able to access the eso servers and use the service i am paying for please feel free to enlighten me @CapnPhoton

Not sure if this will work for an AirPort Extreme though.
  • Robisok74
    Robisok74
    ✭✭✭
    Update:As i write this i have used the grouping tool to do a random dungeon and am currently sitting on the "Direfrost keep" infinite loading screen.
    I have restarted my game and noticed that i am not the only one in this particular group having the issue. I have been able to travel to the one person who was able to enter.

This is a dungeon that had worked fine for me yesterday.
  • HappyKool
    HappyKool
    ✭✭

XBOX ONE S

60Mbps fibre connection

Is no your router fault this is fault TESO servers

example my account Xbox One no possible connected for me all is ok Xbox Live is Ok Router Is ok

and the maintenance is catastrophic experience is very bad

[Xbox Tech/Support]
    [Xbox Community Manager]
    [Xbox Insider]

http://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=18/06/xn2p.jpg
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's explained very simple.
    The phasing and progress actually places players in different servers layeredtogether so if you read the Dev comments they tell us that overflow servers and such move us around seemlessly as we play

Some will have problems and some won't due to this. It's been the issue since pre-release but now made worse with a megaserver scaling for One Tamriel.

You also have tons of stuff that needs to be cleaned up. The UI errors suggest we have pc files on the console versions. It's too much
    And needs to be developed independently.

I'm not saying One tamriel is the problem tho.
    It's their mega server ideas and development on console servers which was part of why the game was delayed for over a year
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 22, 2017 10:54AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • TwinStripeUK
    TwinStripeUK
    ✭✭✭
    Well there I was, about to report that I've been able to load all of my characters on three consecutive days and that I was ready to start playing again and...

2 hours.

That's how long I played today before trying to enter Malabal Tor and encountering the endless loading screens again.

The character loads just fine, can fast travel anywhere else, but Malabel Tor is simply off limits (although fine for my other characters). Which means I now can't advance that character's questline...

Nice to see that ZOS don't even have the common decency to respond to these posts anymore (although if we posted about beibg unable to buy crown crates, that would probably change pretty quickly).