Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I made a Templar and am looking for PVP advice .

Rohamad_Ali
Rohamad_Ali
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello , I made a Majika Khajiit Templar Healee for PVP and to have a little more out of stealth play in Cyrodiil . All my toons are Khajiit so it won't be a pure min / max build but I would like a decent gear and ability set up . Who could ever get mad at a healer right ? Fingers crossed

So I don't know much about Templar at all and even less about healing . What are some good gear sets to run ? What abilities should I prioritize for leveling ?

Videos , page links or any help is appreciated very much and thank you .
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A khajit magic Templar healer. I like my cats too, and I like a challenge. Let's get to work.

Alcast, sypher and Deltia all have sites with various builds. Probably some healer builds there...would start with Alcast.

A mag Templar needs some attacks, obviously. Puncture sweeps, radiant destruct and reflective light are my top picks. Some people ignore reflective light - this boosts your crit for 5 seconds and it's dirt cheap. It's a great ability that will help you put out a lot more healing while under its major prophecy. And with templars, they have so many class abilities they don't need to slot weapon attacks. For this reason, some templars dual wield...you won't want any of the dual wield abilities, but there's a passive that increases your damage 5% with two swords.

For heals, you're going to want to level/learn honor the dead / breath of life. This is your go-to heal. Cleansing ritual is essential. It offers your team a HoT plus a cleanse, and a synergy heal. You're job is also resource management assistance. So spear shards can really help your team keep their stam/mag up. Restoring aura too...if you group w a lot of stam characters repentence is essential. And of course, the restore staff heals are all good. You should level and learn them all.

You will run light armor, so you need some wards. Rune Focus is a great ability. And your heals can be expensive...don't ignore harness magica in the light armor line. That ability rules.

Help your khajit out by grinding up your legerdemain and spending to reduce sneak cost. I run the orsinium inn complex...150 items to steal each trip, you'll work it up doing that 5-6 times.

For sets, I look at sets that help overcome the khajit passive handicap. I'd look for magic sets that offer two max magic buffs if possible. Hmm...I mean...maybe make Seducer your base set then add a drop set with double max magic.

For champion points, here's where you can overcome the khajit passives a lot. Don't mess with minor passives. Go fully into elemental expert, then elfborn. In Greens, all in mag recover and reduce mag costs. And in red split half between hardy and elemental defend.

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run exactly that in pvp :D Magicka kitties need love. Anywho, though light armor is great for magicka, as a healer, you're gonna be targeted a lot. Therefore, heavy armor is best. Either have a set crafted (like Julianos) or find a dropped set that is more suited for magicka. Kagrenac's is great on templars if you're gonna be more defensive. Ofc inpen. Go sword&board for damage skills and resto staff for them heals. I have puncturing sweeps, toppling charge, reflective light/dark flare, Radiant Oppression, Inner light, and Shooting Star on s&b, then healing springs, Breath of Life, Channeled Focus, Ritual of Retribution, Inner Light (double barred cuz I just need more magicka), and Replenishing Barrier.
    Also vampire is awesome.
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on January 21, 2017 10:32AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much @davey1107 , that is a lot of information and most helpful !

Thank you @WuffyCerulei as well , I appreciate the info on heavy armor too .

Tough choice between resources and survivability . I will try to watch some of those steamers info too .
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No prob! With Channeled Focus and heavy armor+resto staff heavy attack bonuses, magicka can be managed fairly easy.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No prob! With Channeled Focus and heavy armor+resto staff heavy attack bonuses, magicka can be managed fairly easy.

Good information to know and thank you again my friend . I will work with that and see how resources hold .

Should I put points into CP to regain more resources from heavy attacks to compliment that playstyle ? Or is it enough on its own passives ?
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to get huge amount of max magicka and just spam jesus beam even when enemy has 100% health.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    Try to get huge amount of max magicka and just spam jesus beam even when enemy has 100% health.

This feels like a class complaint only with half the calories of the leading complaints ... Must be diet salt .

I'm playing a healer mang I mean Orc !
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on January 21, 2017 12:26PM
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khakis is a strange choice for Templar healer....
    Anyway, basics should be Krags and transmutation. Snb and resto on the back bar. You'll want to buff up your group just before battle using regeneration, combat prayer and start using springs. Have efficient purge on the resto bar.
    Switch to snb during combat to take damage and hit channels focus. Blazing spear is handy to have on the snb bar also. Swap around with purge/combat prayer and depending on the situation, have remembrance/barrier slotted as appropriate. Make sure you have repentance slotted on the resto bar too.
    Anyway, just some basic stuff. Have fun and good luck!