Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Magicka DK Dunmer

Sovaso
Sovaso
✭✭✭
Greetings everyone!
I need some help with build. For vMA, PvE and Trials.
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    My own pve dungeon build is BSW ilambris monster set and depending on weapons 4 or 5 pcs julianos. For no monster set 5pcs sun and 5 pcs BSW
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Kagetenchu wrote: »
    My own pve dungeon build is BSW ilambris monster set and depending on weapons 4 or 5 pcs julianos. For no monster set 5pcs sun and 5 pcs BSW

Thanks for reply mate
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silks of the sun + Burning Spell Weave + Grothdar is really nice for general pve and dungeons

Haven't had my mDK in trials and only barely tries VMA, needs some work for that

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently on my dunmer mDK im running 2x Grothdarr, 5x BsW and 3x IA in PvE
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Silks of the sun + Burning Spell Weave + Grothdar is really nice for general pve and dungeons

Haven't had my mDK in trials and only barely tries VMA, needs some work for that

Thanks!
    Where can I find silks of the sun?
  • Kagetenchu
    Kagetenchu
    ✭✭✭
    Sovaso wrote: »

Thanks!

@Sovaso
    Silks of the sun is found in stonefalls. If you haven't done the main story quest there and you can wait the main story drops a few decent pieces. However they drop at level so if your a couple points from 160cp hit that mark then get knock out the quests.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagetenchu wrote: »

Thanks!

@Sovaso
    Silks of the sun is found in stonefalls. If you haven't done the main story quest there and you can wait the main story drops a few decent pieces. However they drop at level so if your a couple points from 160cp hit that mark then get knock out the quests.

This ^

There's a chance for it to drop in any treasure chest or boss (world boss, dolmen chest, delve boss) too. Bossses and dolmens will always drop a set piece but it could be Sun or one of the two other overland sets in Stonefalls (Shalk and Red Mountain)

As an overland set you can also find it for sale from other players on guild traders and in Stonefalls Zone chat quite often and relatively inexpensive.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently having tons of fun with Burning Spellweave + Treasure Hunter because it grants major prophecy all the time, without having to put a move toward it. The crit and +100 spell damage is also pretty juicy.
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently having tons of fun with Burning Spellweave + Treasure Hunter because it grants major prophecy all the time, without having to put a move toward it. The crit and +100 spell damage is also pretty juicy.

For real?
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭

And I have another question: do u mean 5 silks, 4 bsw and 2 grothdarrs or?..
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My general PVE Set up for questing and pledge is
    5pc BSW on body
    Sun Jewerly, 1 bar is a staff, the other is shield and 1h

sometimes I switch it up and do double shield bars, sometimes dual wield on the non staff bar

Staff is either inferno or resto staff, depending

if all I am responsible for is DPS, I USUALLY do the 1 destro bar 1 shield bar and it works great for me.

This gives me 5pc burning spell, 5pc sun on shield bar and 4 on destro bar - as I keep my big flame damage DK skills on my shield/dw bar

grothdarr is the monster set so it is always head and shoulders

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    @Sigtric
    And what skills do you use? Boon atro?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been back and forth on my mundus boon but I think I have it as Apprentice right now.

Current skill set up I'm liking:
    DW bar: Embers, Whip, Draw Essence, Engulfing Flame, Mag light, Ulti: Leap (because coolest animation in the game and nearly spammable)
    Fire stick bar: Wings, Elemental Blockage, Flames of Oblivion, Talons, Eruption, Ulti: Eye of the Storm

This is my general set up and group set up, but I'll swap things depending what is needed, what we are doing, etc.

Not likely optimal, but it works for me.

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • AlwaysOnFire
    AlwaysOnFire
    ✭✭✭✭

For real?

Yeah, though it's really not 'better' than silks of the sun + Burning Spellweave as I can discern, and silks+bsw gives you more health too, which is a must-have for veteran dungeons. But because major prophecy can be granted via potions I would say that unless you desperately need another kind of potion on that slot go with silks. Doesn't mean I haven't had fun seeing like, almost everything be a critical hit plus bsw procs though.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭

And I have another question: do u mean 5 silks, 4 bsw and 2 grothdarrs or?..

with dual wield you can do 5 silks 5 bsw 2 monster set