The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Recipe drops in OneTamreil?

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I went to guild vendors to fill some missing recipes and found those I don't know are being sold for 5-50 times their current listed values. Scrub that idea (and I hope everyone gives those price-gougers the middle finger). I'm now focusing on finding recipes from containers. Does anyone know how 1T affected the areas where different levels of recipes drop? Are lower level recipes still found in what would have been the lower level zones of each alliance? Or is that all out the window now, and different level recipes can drop in any zone?
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Are lower level recipes still found in what would have been the lower level zones of each alliance?

Yes, the lower tiered recipes still drop in the lower zones. If you're missing some, especially the writ recipes, check the vendors from the areas you're missing. They'll be way more expensive than what players are selling them for though, but it might be worth it if you're in a pinch.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recipes way of dropping now is bound to your level of provisioner, I kept mine at level 8ish until I had farmed all the lower recipes regardless of region, then I leveled it up again and put skill points in to use higher level recipes.

thats my understanding of how the drop now, its not region but how high u level is in that craft
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found those I don't know are being sold for 5-50 times their current listed values. Scrub that idea (and I hope everyone gives those price-gougers the middle finger). I'm now focusing on finding recipes from containers.

There is a reason why recipes are more expensive, they don't drop as often. I rarely find them in containers lately TBH. You want a reliable supply of recipes, respec your mules to the recipe level, and run writs at those levels. That is the only way I have gotten any recipes of note in the past 6 months.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, and refreshing my mind about drops tied to skills and levels for everything. Sure hope the twenty or so missing blue and purple recipes don't impact Master Writ drops greatly :| .
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs and Recipes
    Updated the way Provisioning recipes drop as follows:
    Recipes in Cyrodiil, the Imperial City, and Dungeons now drop based on your rank in the Recipe Improvement passive.
    In other zones, recipes drop based on your passive rank 75% of the time, and the rest of the time drop the same way they dropped prior to One Tamriel, by zone.

Crafting Motifs which were previously only available in the Silver and Gold versions of alliance content are now available throughout the world.
    Daedra Hearts are now an uncommon drop from humanoid Daedra.
    Argentum, Copper, and Palladium style items can now be found in treasure chests.

^^^Per 1T patch notes.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you I find recipes in Dwemer delves alot of the time. Usually 1 motif 2 or 3 greens recs and maybe a blue mixed in. I list my extra recs on trader for about 300g.
  • CelticBlaze
    CelticBlaze
    Soul Shriven
    I have 3 alts that are at the max level of Champion Points. I am trying to get recipes from CP 10 levels. Will I get them at all now that once an alt reaches 50, they automatically get the max level? And can I get them from the AD zone or do certain recipes still drop in certain zones?
    Edited by CelticBlaze on January 19, 2017 4:09PM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crime pays. I get a lot of good purple recipes and purple style books from picking locked chests in banks and stores.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    I can tell you I find recipes in Dwemer delves alot of the time. Usually 1 motif 2 or 3 greens recs and maybe a blue mixed in. I list my extra recs on trader for about 300g.

Yes, the Dwemer Containers are still a good source of recipes because the Loot Tables are not diluted with all the Legerdemain stuff. Same goes for any Non Owned Container (so that your not stealing stuff)
    I have 3 alts that are at the max level of Champion Points. I am trying to get recipes from CP 10 levels. Will I get them at all now that once an alt reaches 50, they automatically get the max level? And can I get them from the AD zone or do certain recipes still drop in certain zones?

If you set your Recipe Level to 5 then you should get those recipes on occasion from containers. Or, a better way is to set your Recipe Level to 5, then do Prov Writs in Coldharbor.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    found those I don't know are being sold for 5-50 times their current listed values. Scrub that idea (and I hope everyone gives those price-gougers the middle finger). I'm now focusing on finding recipes from containers.

There is a reason why recipes are more expensive, they don't drop as often. I rarely find them in containers lately TBH. You want a reliable supply of recipes, respec your mules to the recipe level, and run writs at those levels. That is the only way I have gotten any recipes of note in the past 6 months.

Looting / stealing containers while your character's recipe level is set below max works as well, got a bunch of CP10, CP50 stuff the past few days on a character I have at 5/6 recipe level.