Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Power levelling question ?

fragnotb16_ESO
Ive looked on youtube on many of the "powerlevel" videos, but i dont know why i just cant get it to work.

Whatever i kill i get a merely 40-50xp per kill.. When i need 11000 xp to just reach level 8, it would take a *** ton of mobs.

Is there any updated info about a fast way to level to 50?

(I got a 50 DK with around 200cp, but im interested in trying another class)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

The only way to get more xp is to drink xp pots...

Otherwise it is just a grind of killing mobs,

Pull 10 - 20 and nuke them,
    that adds up to alot of xp.

rinse and repeat..

Killing mobs one at a time is seriously a waste of time when it comes to grinding,
    Also get a partner,

2 people earn more xp per kill and also kill mobs quicker.

Try out this grind spot
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/313902/skyreach-grind-explained-2-millions-hour#latest
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• mashugana
    mashugana
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Pull 10 - 20 and nuke them, that adds up to alot of xp.

How do you survive 10-20 bad guys at level 10? Groups of three give me fits. Maybe you need all blue tricked out gear for that? Or I am doing it very wrong :)

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some general tips:

1. Wear training gear, green or blue. With one tam, you get super squishy when you outlevel your gear. When I grind a character, I make them gear in advance at lvl 6, 20, 30, 40. I do green on the first two, blue on the next two sets. I usually do a 5/1/1 config with armor weights, just to level all three lines. Enchant your gear in all mag/stam glyphs.

2. Go buy a tier 1, 2 and 3 recipe then enough ingredients to make about 50 of each. (Use zone chat if you need ingredients and can't find them in stores...people with craft bags have hundreds). Grind your provision up to spend in connosoir, which extends drinks use. Provision 47 is where you can spend three points here. This is boring, but extending the psijic to 50 minutes is a massive time saver. After grinding provisioning, if the toon won't be a food crafter you can go recoup your skill points in the recipe level passive.

3. As an optional step, for those who plan in advance, I like to work my mounts up to at least 20 speed and 20'stam before I send a newbie into the world. I also use the guild roster to open wayshrines all over, especially near the dolmens and public dungeons.

4. Ready to run? Cool. Use psijic ambrosia pots AND blue/purple food. Go through and close all 45 dolmens in the three factions. These reward massive area clears. I find dolmen xp is better for leveling when you're a lower level...not sure why, and I could be wrong, but I always start w dolmen closing.

When closing them, "fight like a spaz." Don't fight a monster to the death then move on, instead use range and aoes to get hits on everything. You need 1-2 solid smacks on a monster to get xp from it, and you can triple your dolmen xp rewards by playing for xp instead of efficiency.

And don't forget the dailies in your capital city fighters guild. These are for closing three dolmens in a specific region. If you're closing them anyway, might as well get this xp and a shot at a $50k draugr motif.

5. Once dolmens are closed you'll be lvl 25-30. Time to move to other high-xp content. Run each public dungeon, and complete the 1-2 quests inside. Get the skymshard and group event skill point, obviously. Move fast and kill everything (but skip bosses you don't need to fight...waste of time). This is faster in a two person group, but solo is still pretty easy. I aim to complete two public dungeons on one 50 minute psijic.

If you have dlc access, the world boss dailies in wrothgar (south of shatul shrine in an inn) or Gold Coast (kvetch, on a board in the market) are fast, easy xp. For a lvl 49 toon, the kill and quest = 1/3 a level. Wrothgar has delve dailies in morkul stonghold - not the best xp, but a way to get a bonus for getting sky shards you need anyway.

Run the craglorn delves. Now we're about 33% less xp than the public dungeons, but the xp is still pretty good and your toon will need sky shards. Run craglorn's sky reach catacombs...right now probably the best xp reward grind in the game, but you need a group. There are usually players waiting at the door to group, though.

If you have a buddy, two people can take most non-vet undaunted dungeons. You can't get dailies until lvl 45, but you can go into any of these and complete the skill point quest. That and the kills is worth a lot.

That is, to me, the best content right now for fast leveling. Using 6-10 psijic, going from 3 to 50 should be doable in about 10 hours of play.
  • DoJohn
    DoJohn
    Get a friend to take you through Skyreach a few times. It works wonders
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, there is no need to grind these days. Just play the game, leveling is ultra fast. Ultra!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP