The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Litany of Blood is BROKEN

Gift_Of_Galadriel
Hello,
After finding multiple of the NPC's required to complete litany of blood, me and over 6 other players have had issues with Cimalire in Auridon.
She is not respawning and it is making completing the Litany Of Blood impossible. I think it has to do with the new life festival, and ZOS accidentally broke the quest as the NPC's required are not respawning.

It happens in:
  • Auridon
  • Stonefalls
  • Shadowfen
  • Rivenspire

This is a game-breaking glitch and it needs to be fixed ASAP
  • yakuruto
    yakuruto
    ✭✭✭
    My wife and I had problems with several of the targets too; I remember the ones in Malabal Tor, Rivenspire, Shadowfen, Alik'r Desert and Bangkorai out of the top of my head. Most of them were fixed with the last server maintenance except for the one in the Alik'r Desert, I've been looking for him for several days now and this guy is not spawning.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the whole lot of them today (except Auridon and Glenumbra) and had no problem with their spawning. I'm on PC EU. Might be a platform/server issue.
    Halcyon Black
  • Gift_Of_Galadriel
    PC NA Server is completely broken.
  • relaxed83
    relaxed83
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah can't find them in -
    Stonefalls
    Shadowfen
    Rivenspire

I must have gotten in the right instance in auridon to find her but originally I couldn't find her she was no where to be found after searching for three hours...
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No its not broken. Sometimes they can spawn in different places. Some have different routes, some even have 2 different NPCs. If someone kills the target before you, some spawn right away, others take a while to respawn.

Check the guides. I think Alcast did one? There are a couple of good ones.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 12, 2017 5:49PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • LoganSniper
    It is broken, I know all the spawn spots and have been running around them all for weeks now checking on them I have had the same problem as some of these other good folks with these Targets not spawning at all. I'm not alone I have spoken to over 100 players of different factions and from different countries and it seems everyone is having trouble with this issue. It works fine in PTS as I went there to check it out and see if it was working there and it does. I followed each target around for hours watching and taking notes on their spawn spots then going back into Live I went to where they should be spawning and they never show up I have spent a lot of hours on this as I am retired and have nothing but time on my hands, so anyone that says it not bugged is just on the lucky side of the coin, however the majority of players in the game are having trouble with this and it all started when they went to one tameriel some of these characters I believe are out of phase so players cant see them, so they do need to fix this I've put in Tickets about and finally got noticed and they are now looking into it so hopefully there will be a fix soon. On a final note I was able to get one of them after a screen glitch with the graphics and other NPC's showed up in the Town I was in that weren't there before and then the target also showed up, but what glitched I have no Idea, the screen just blinked for a second and there everything was.
  • Keillieai15
    Keillieai15
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA is working. My husband and I just got ours a few days ago together. It took us about 3 to 5 hours working together to find them all twice so both characters got the achievement. But I can confirm they were all there for me a few days ago.
  • Gift_Of_Galadriel
    Fixed now, thanks guys. Seems the rate was either low, or the mobs were spawning in strange spots.
  • coyotlgw
    coyotlgw
    Soul Shriven
    OK, so I had been following several of these threads as I thought that the Quest was broken, will cross-post in hopes that I can help more folks, if I may.

I completed this Quest successfully with two different characters on the PC NA Server within the last couple weeks. The targets do spawn, but there are a few twists...

Reading several guides I noticed that they do not all agree on location. I noticed that some targets were easy and right where I expected, but some were killed far away from where I was told to look... always the same city but different spots. I think most of the guides are right, just targets wander a lot more then expected. As an example, Bulag (Rivenspire) was only juggling where expected once and by the time I relogged with the right character she was gone... both characters killed her when she was walking off to the east outside the castle entrance. Dinor (Stonefalls) was on the other side of the Mage's Guild and Hakida (Windhelm) was behind the bank the first time, but the second character only found her after several long nights and even then she was in the graveyard behind the Fighters Guild

The other thing that helped was that I started hunting after 23:00 MST on weeknights, when far fewer folks were playing. I really think that even with instant respawns you woudl have to start the search over, so they have a chance to wander more. This came to me after I had located three targets in a row woh already had a fellow assassin sneaking behind them to make the kill. Rather then interrupt I would watch the kill ad then try to go find the spawn, but that was only successful once (Alix Edette in Wayrest needs to quit moping on the docks and get out more... too easy to kill :) )

Again, hope this helps