The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else has ESO Plus removed today?

• TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »
    Nobody can log into their account on the website, it's undergoing maintenance *points to notice above*
    Account maintenance is over. However, I have just logged in via Steam and ESO+ is still missing.

If you're account is linked to Steam, ESO+ is counted as a Steam purchase.
    Why?

To answer the why question: because steam handles the transactions through their ecosystem. It's probably got to do with contracts to get the game in the steam store, much like how console subscriptions are handled through psn and xbl

Why would a transaction I made outside Steam be counted as a Steam purchase? To whit, I purchased ESO+ from this site and pay for it via PayPal. At no stage was Steam involved nor should it be. Quite frankly, the only thing logging in via Steam gives me is that it tallies my game hours. Otherwise, Steam can go and do anatomically impossible things to itself as far as I'm concerned.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just shut down steam and launched the game without steam works fine eso plus up and running lol

Unfortunately, that's no help to peeps who only have the Steam version of the game. Here's hoping ZOS fixes things soon...

Of course it is. Just shut down both the game and Steam, then reopen ESO directly with the executables (eso.exe or eso64.exe) and bam ! here's your ESO+, as good as new.

You can also do it through the launcher executable too! If... By some chance you need it for some reason.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    I play ESO only through Steam (though I intend to change that soon) and pay for monthly ESO+. I'm scared to load the game and find my craft bag contents filling up my general inventory bag. So for now I'm leaving that alone.

On the Web, it's a totally different set of problems.

I can't view my ESO account info (linked via Steam) on the ZOS site. Hence, unable to confirm my sub to ESO+ is showing or not. Getting an error halfway between the ZOS site knowing who I am on Steam, and actually logging in.

And for those who say just launch the non-Steam version, let's just say that's not an option for me at present and leave it at that.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that old Steam accounts can launch thru the non-Steam launcher but newer Steam accounts have disable this. At least that was what I was told last time a Steam problem occurred.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposting this from page 2, in case anyone missed it:
    Just a quick update - we're working on a fix for this. Stand by for further details, but in the meantime, hang tight and know we're on it. Thanks!

Also,
    I play ESO only through Steam (though I intend to change that soon) and pay for monthly ESO+. I'm scared to load the game and find my craft bag contents filling up my general inventory bag. So for now I'm leaving that alone.

The crafting bag doesn't work like that. If you log in and it says you don't have an active subscription everything that's in there now will stay in there, it's just that new materials you pick up will go into your regular inventory. Then when the problem is fixed they'll move across to the crafting bag automatically.

Likewise any costumes you dyed will stay dyed, any progress you made in DLC will be saved, any crowns you received will still be there etc. The only thing you won't be able to do is enter the DLC maps (unless you've purchased them), and that's only until the problem is fixed.
    Edited by Danikat on January 18, 2017 5:51PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That won't happen, anything in your bag will stay there, just the new stuff you find will not go in (not speculation, I play through steam and dealt with this today).
    And for those who say just launch the non-Steam version, let's just say that's not an option for me at present and leave it at that.
    You just need to track down the executable that steam installed and launch it directly, no need to install another version or anything.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    You just need to track down the executable that steam installed and launch it directly, no need to install another version or anything.

This is not the case. We had a normal Steam Plus account. Then we bought the game in Steam (again) so that we could run it from there instead in the future. When you run it through Steam, the game asks 'do you want to link this eso account to your Steam account?'. We accidentally pressed yes. Now Steam logs us in and we are NOT allowed to type in our username/password via the regular client. It comes up with an error stating that this user must log in via Steam.

It's not something I recommend doing, and would go back to a regular account in a heartbeat.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is not the case. We had a normal Steam Plus account. Then we bought the game in Steam (again) so that we could run it from there instead in the future. When you run it through Steam, the game asks 'do you want to link this eso account to your Steam account?'. We accidentally pressed yes. Now Steam logs us in and we are NOT allowed to type in our username/password via the regular client. It comes up with an error stating that this user must log in via Steam.

It's not something I recommend doing, and would go back to a regular account in a heartbeat.

I'll admit to not trying today, but I did a few weeks ago when there was some login issues through Steam. I had an old early access account that I linked to Steam and was still able to run the executable directly and login with my user/pass.

Maybe it's changed in the last month, IDK. I'll probably try at lunch time and see if it still works.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but:
    1. Why am I learning about this issue on a player initiated thread? No offense whatever OP and thx vm for jumping on and shouting out.
    2. It's been more than hour now. Where's the yellow banner and Official Thread from ZOS
    3. The pop-up when logging-in is not a problem since I don't plan on purchasing anything. Why would it even slow me down?
    4. Good info about the impact if I go ahead and log-in thx guys. But why isn't Gina telling us that?
    Probably will get blasted for posting these questions.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    I'll admit to not trying today, but I did a few weeks ago when there was some login issues through Steam. I had an old early access account that I linked to Steam and was still able to run the executable directly and login with my user/pass.

Maybe it's changed in the last month, IDK. I'll probably try at lunch time and see if it still works.

Please do. We thought it was cool until Steam was down for some reason or another recently. Tried to log in via the normal client (which was still installed) and were really shocked to see that we couldn't. Instant regret.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How exactly are you launching the game? Cause that shouldn't be happening. I did the same thing when it asked me and I logged in just fine through the method Wayfarerx described.

Edit; The reason why I'm asking is I'll try and dig for a work-around. :tongue: Aside from that, if it's doing as he described, I'll dig around. There SHOULD be a way to disable Steam Integration of the account. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ; any word on this? Because this isn't good for customer service being that people in game are just now finding out about this too. We need better protection from faulty maintenance deployments that wreck everything, especially since we're paying customers. I'm not saying refunds or anything, but it's getting increasingly more difficult to trust you guys with the quantity of flub-ups. =/
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on January 18, 2017 6:17PM
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying refunds or anything, but it's getting increasingly more difficult to trust you guys with the quantity of flub-ups. =/

^
    better said than me. thx
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭

How exactly are you launching the game? Cause that shouldn't be happening. I did the same thing when it asked me and I logged in just fine through the method Wayfarerx described.

Edit; The reason why I'm asking is I'll try and dig for a work-around. :tongue: Aside from that, if it's doing as he described, I'll dig around. There SHOULD be a way to disable Steam Integration of the account. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ; any word on this? Because this isn't good for customer service being that people in game are just now finding out about this too. We need better protection from faulty maintenance deployments that wreck everything, especially since we're paying customers. I'm not saying refunds or anything, but it's getting increasingly more difficult to trust you guys with the quantity of flub-ups. =/

Hey! I just tried again because of your comments (still have the real client installed). This time it let me in! The last time I tried was on about December 5th, and 100% positively received an error stating that the account had to be logged in via Steam because it was Steam Linked. This is awesome.

What's more, when I log in this way, I have my ESO Plus account active! That, or they just now fixed the issue. :)

Thanks!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Quick update: The fix for this issue is currently being tested. We'll let you know as soon as the fix is live.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey! I just tried again because of your comments (still have the real client installed). This time it let me in! The last time I tried was on about December 5th, and 100% positively received an error stating that the account had to be logged in via Steam because it was Steam Linked. This is awesome.

What's more, when I log in this way, I have my ESO Plus account active! That, or they just now fixed the issue. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, mine was active when launching it that way about an hour ago! Glad to hear that part's working.
  • VarilRau
    VarilRau
    ✭✭✭
    Quick update: The fix for this issue is currently being tested. We'll let you know as soon as the fix is live.

Please, fast, i have a hoarding problem and all my alts bags are full!
    Varil Rau, Mag sorcerer
    Viiltoveikko, Stam sorcerer
    Meadshield, nord dragonknight

DC EU
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    VarilRau wrote: »

Please, fast, i have a hoarding problem and all my alts bags are full!

sure hope for your sake that the fix they're testing isn't a rollback. lol
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

Wasn't Dec 5 around the time the whole Steam linking was being implemented anyway? Because if it was we know there were issues. But no, they haven't fixed it yet, you still need to log in directly to activate ESO+.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ZOS should add a "Things Broken By This Patch" section to all their Patch Notes.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Maybe ZOS should add a "Things Broken By This Patch" section to all their Patch Notes.

No need. As long as "Steam" is mentioned you can assume it's buggy...

I know I sound salty but really, Steam is the worst piece of software I've seen since Norton...

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 18, 2017 7:16PM
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    Update 12:12 pm US Mountain Time

Update 12:23 pm US Mountain Time: Logged into game and checked crafting bag. It's locked.

(Thanks to those in this thread who clarified the concerns I noted in my original post regarding details if this happens, in regards to inventory concerns).

I can now log into ZOS Web and check my account for ESO, including any subscriptions such as ESO+, which is indeed showing up. I have not tried to log into the game just yet.

And, for the discussion regarding loading ESO via the Steam launcher or the ZOS launcer .exe file: I'm VERY new to ESO (less then 60 days). I linked my Steam account early on, because I started to play via Steam during the last free Weekekend. This was because I was not 100% sure the game would work on my PC.

In hindsite, this was a HUGE mistake because when Steam goes down I can't play. Even though I had created a REAL ZOS account, neither that account or my Steam account allows me to access the game via the ZOS launcher .exe file.

And yea, I started to play 1 day into the last Free Weekend, which was sometime in December.

P.S. After this last snafu with the game, I am for sure going to research unlinking my Steam account so that everything related to ESO is through ZOS. Fun, not!
    Edited by Indigo_Shade on January 18, 2017 7:24PM
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed? Someone done ____ up!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S. After this last snafu with the game, I am for sure going to research unlinking my Steam account so that everything related to ESO is through ZOS. Fun, not!

I'm not even sure there IS a way to "unlink" ESO from Steam. Steam is extremely intrusive...

• Nullmagic
    Nullmagic
    ✭✭
    Sooo... update? It's been what an hour and a half since last post?
  • VarilRau
    VarilRau
    ✭✭✭
    I paid 10€ to get eso into steam.

Im willing to pay 20€ if you can unlink my account.. or if i could just buy a new account and have all my toons moved to the new one.. anything..
    Varil Rau, Mag sorcerer
    Viiltoveikko, Stam sorcerer
    Meadshield, nord dragonknight

DC EU
  • Indigo_Shade
    Indigo_Shade
    ✭✭✭
    I have the regular game .exe file from the Free Weekend in December, but once I linked my Steam account, I was never able to use it again.

I tried again to log into it today, but got the same error I always get, being that my account is linked through Steam and I have to use THAT launcher to start the game.

I do recall that before the Free weekend was over in Dec of 2016, I bought ESO Unlimited through Steam. Once I knew I could play the game, I saw that ESO Unlimted was on sale, and purchasing this way is probably what prompted me to think I HAD to link via Steam, and why unlinking is hard / impossible.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We pay $$$ for this it should be a priority. B)
    Special ESO+ pet incoming! ;)
    I blame Mannimarco, shrink him and make him a pet. >:)
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here.
    Logging through Steam, PC EU Server.
    Eso plus is still active on my account.elderscrollsonline webpage but it is missing in the game.
  • Ganesha
    Ganesha
    I am having this exact issue.
    EU server/PC
    Linked to Steam.

Didnt notice untill my inventory was full up, after a dungeon run.
    Kept vendoring crap, and deconstructing stuff.
    Bagspace was still filling up.
    Suddenly I noticed my bag full of crafring mats, and crafring bag as "locked".
    Tried relogging and restarting game, only to find the problem still there.
    Have petitioned for GM, but waiting for ages now.
  • ajopulpito
    ajopulpito
    Soul Shriven
    Both my husband and I are experiencing the same issue, and I'm kicking myself for paying $15 to link my account to Steam last month. Seriously, what's so hard? And what happens to the Steam users who weren't plus members who magically got upgraded?