The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Top tier provisioning writs for low level character question

summitxho
summitxho
✭✭✭
I have been doing provisioning writs on my 3 main characters for a while now, all 3 are in the CP ranks and have maxed out provisioning, and I get either tier 6 or tier 7 writs.

On a new low level (sitting at lvl 10) character I made, I had the ingredients to get the provisioning to 50 and did so to go after recipe fragments with another character, invested the skill points to max out the provisioning 6/6, and got access to Craglorn with the 1T update to hand in the top tier writs. On this character I only receive lower tier writs, never the tier 6/7 writs which I have saved up food in the bank to hand in like my other characters. Is there some sort of requirement to be level 50 as well as provisioning at 50 in order to do top tier provisioning writs? From my understanding all I needed was access to Craglorn, provisioning at 50, and the recipe improvement at 6/6, but this does not seem to be the case unless its some sort of bug.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a strange bug that some characters get permanently one level lower writs at some level. I have at least two which at level 5/6 get level 4 writs. But when i set them to 6/6 they got level 6 writs.

I never use low level characters at max writs because i always teach them all six professions. They need over 100 skill points and then they are veterans before they start writs. Hmm, i might try with one midget...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    There is a strange bug that some characters get permanently one level lower writs at some level. I have at least two which at level 5/6 get level 4 writs. But when i set them to 6/6 they got level 6 writs.

I never use low level characters at max writs because i always teach them all six professions. They need over 100 skill points and then they are veterans before they start writs. Hmm, i might try with one midget...

Thanks for the insight, I may send in a support ticket in that case, see what happens. I just do not want to have to add more food into the bank to complete lower tier writs that it should not be doing in the first place. I had so much food saved up from my provisioning hirelings it was easy to get the new character to 50 right off the bat and start doing the writs hoping to get fragments. Anyways thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

On a new low level (sitting at lvl 10) character I made, I had the ingredients to get the provisioning to 50...............From my understanding all I needed was access to Craglorn, provisioning at 50, and the recipe improvement at 6/6, but this does not seem to be the case unless its some sort of bug.

@helediron

Did you ever get access to Coldharbor from the Game? Meaning the Messages Across Tamriel Quest that sends you there. That can mess with the level of Writ you get with a low level character. Until you get Coldharbor access you will be topped out at L4 Writs.

@summitxho

Also, being L10, it maybe the game does not think you have access to Craglorn, as it was a Vet Only zone before. So, if you have not been there, try that. But, I would do it through the game, not just porting up there. So, find the guy in the capital city that talks about the Star Gazers and talk to them. Then talk to the Star Gazers in Belkarth up to a point. Then see if the writs start sending you there for L6's.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    ...snip...
    @helediron

Did you ever get access to Coldharbor from the Game? Meaning the Messages Across Tamriel Quest that sends you there. That can mess with the level of Writ you get with a low level character. Until you get Coldharbor access you will be topped out at L4 Writs.
    ...snip...
    Damn, you were right! They all get access to Coldharbour, but usually not through the quest. They simply teleport there and talk to the Groundskeeper. So they all have at least started the Coldharbour chain.

But this one i forgot to talk with the Groundskeeper. After i talked to her and respecced to 5/6 provision, it was able to do 5/6 provision writ. I have too many alts :blush: I made a mistake. (But it was Khajit...)

Well, that also proved one thing: The Messages Across Tamriel is not important. The Groundskeeper initial quest matters.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

But this one i forgot to talk with the Groundskeeper. After i talked to her and respecced to 5/6 provision, it was able to do 5/6 provision writ. I have too many alts :blush: I made a mistake. (But it was Khajit...)

@helediron

I will try again but I have a low level Mule who has talked to the Groundskeeper and he still does not get Writs for Coldharbor at 5/6 in Recipe Level. Still L4 and Sentinel. I may try on another alt just to see. But for sure one low level can't do writs up there. I did invest the points before talking to the Groundskeeper, so that might have some impact.

I swear the Writs follow the rules of Fizzbin

Edited by Nestor on January 17, 2017 11:07PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    summitxho wrote: »

On a new low level (sitting at lvl 10) character I made, I had the ingredients to get the provisioning to 50...............From my understanding all I needed was access to Craglorn, provisioning at 50, and the recipe improvement at 6/6, but this does not seem to be the case unless its some sort of bug.

@helediron

@summitxho

Also, being L10, it maybe the game does not think you have access to Craglorn, as it was a Vet Only zone before. So, if you have not been there, try that. But, I would do it through the game, not just porting up there. So, find the guy in the capital city that talks about the Star Gazers and talk to them. Then talk to the Star Gazers in Belkarth up to a point. Then see if the writs start sending you there for L6's.

I did do the quest to bring me to Craglorn, I usually park my characters there to do the writs and got the writs from the board in Craglorn as well. I have yet to go talk to the star gazers yet however, I will give that a try as its still giving me the same writs, not even sure which level they are, but I know its not tier 6/7.

That being said, I have not however been to Coldharbor with that character, possible that the game sees this and gives me the writ level right below going to Coldharbor? Not very proficient at programming, but perhaps the code is checking each writ level and what I have access to, once it sees I have not been to Coldharbor it gives me the writ one level below it without even getting to the top tier writ?