Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Single target skill for a Magicka Templar?

mashugana
mashugana
What is a good spamable single target skill for a Magicka Templar as I level?

Right now I am only level 20. I have great AoE by combining Reflective Light (for the buff), then Elemental Blockade and Puncturing Sweep. I do not have a good single target for stragglers or boss fights. I have tried Sun Fire, Force Pulse, and just spamming Fire Destro Staff Heavy Attacks to kill solo mobs and bosses.

Is one of those my best option? Is Force Pulse better than Sun Fire? Or is something like Backlash or something from the Mages guild better?

Thanks for any advice - I just need one skill on my bar to hammer those single mobs without draining my Magicka bar :)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Puncturing Sweeps is your spammable in single target and AoE situations.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Sweep or Jabs is your go to skill for just about everything. Let it run it's course before you fire it again.

Also, once you start unlocking Light Armor Passives you can reduce your skill costs. In the meantime, I would suggest getting someone to make you a set of Seducer Gear in 5 pieces, then farm some of the Magic Sets that offer up extra magic as a set bonus. You can also use or make or get Spell Cost Reduction Glyphs and put them on your Jewelry. I forget what zone Warlock drops in now, but that would be a nice set to pair with Seducer.
    Edited by Nestor on January 17, 2017 9:24PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mashugana
    mashugana
    Thanks! I can buy Seducer from Guild Traders - will try that.

Newbie question - how do I "farm some of the Magic Sets that offer up extra magic as a set bonus"? Do certain sets drop inn certain locations? It has all felt random to me - but if grinding a certain Delve yields +Mag gear then that's awesome :)

Also, is there an alternative to sweeps? I love sweeps but spamming it for hours can get old - what can I sub in just for fun just for fun? I am not sure which Single Target skill would be a good 'take a break from sweeps' ability without gimping me too hard.

Thanks again.
    Edited by mashugana on January 17, 2017 10:48PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Force Shock (and its morphs) from the destruction staff skill line is a pretty good spammable single target skill. It can be a bit pricey to spam but Seducers does help. My CP200+ Magplar still runs that as one of her sets.

Regarding Sweeps, my magplar is a healer so she only slots about 3 offensive spells. Given that, I can't imagine not slotting Sweeps. If attacked, it lets her quickly and safely dispatch her attacker and get back to her healing/support role.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiant destruction... its the norm in pvp...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• mashugana
    mashugana
    Thanks again all
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mashugana wrote: »
    Thanks! I can buy Seducer from Guild Traders - will try that.

Newbie question - how do I "farm some of the Magic Sets that offer up extra magic as a set bonus"? Do certain sets drop inn certain locations? It has all felt random to me - but if grinding a certain Delve yields +Mag gear then that's awesome :)

Also, is there an alternative to sweeps? I love sweeps but spamming it for hours can get old - what can I sub in just for fun just for fun? I am not sure which Single Target skill would be a good 'take a break from sweeps' ability without gimping me too hard.

Thanks again.

I use this site when looking for information on gear sets.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA