Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This top tier blacksmith writ requires more than other writs, bug?

Lord_Wrath
Lord_Wrath
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a shout out to devs there is a top tier Blacksmith writ that uses 5 items all together. No other gear writ requires 5 items. I believe this is not as intended.

Todays Blacksmithing Writ:
Rubedite Helm: 1
Daggers: 2
Pauldrons: 2

Total ingot usage: 59 Rubedite ingots
MM price (69 sales/10425 items, 30 days): 51.45x59=3000g worth of ingots.

I usually abandon this one because it uses a lot if youre unlucky and get no alloys or surveys from turning it in. Is this as intended?
Edited by Lord_Wrath on September 26, 2016 8:34PM
1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    The 5 item blacksmith writ needing noticably more mats than the others does seem odd, I'll agree.

Would changing it to 1 helm, 2 daggers, and 1 pauldron be reasonable?

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm? I think this should be 1 helm, 1 dagger, and 1 pauldron. That would make it 3 items, just like woodworker writs, just like clothier writs, and just like the other blacksmith writs.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always skip this writ on my chars - the cumulative loss of materials over time just isn't worth it for me. Feedback submitted numerous times by me to change this to 3 items like all the other equipment writs, but I guess ZOS has bigger fish to fry.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem a bit odd that it's different to the other writs however I usually pick up more ore than I do the other materials so maybe it's intended
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AntMan100673 - I find ore the least when I hunt nodes, lucky...If it were based off the most for me id have 5 item woodworker writs.
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    It's a lot of mats but I've been getting alloys quite frequently
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea - I have started doing writs agin for the tradeoff of hopefully getting gold upgrade mats but I pass at the ones that require so many mats.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Acharnor - Are there other writs that require more than 3 items? Im a master crafter and only notice this one.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as you just cancel the 5 item writs blacksmithing works out okay, for gold tempers its certainly worth it, just remember that the rewards can be rather random and the judgement of whether its worth it should be taken over a period of weeks rather than a day or two so that everything can have time to average out
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    @Acharnor - Are there other writs that require more than 3 items? Im a master crafter and only notice this one.

@Lord_Wrath This is the only one of the Top Tier Equipment writs that wants more than 3 items. Tier 9 material writs on the other hand want way more items, like 9 Staffs for one of those. I would go through a 100 stack doing those writs each day, which is why I did not do any of them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Nestor ive been maxed out before craft writs existed and didn't realize tiers differed. Ill edit my post to be more relevant.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now its giving me that writ every other day.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is odd and I have. Wondered why for some time now. Although as mentioned earlier the lower writs take much more in resources. Nightwood was 3,3 and 3 for staves and such. I will say that tempers drop much more frequently for me over the last 6 months or so. And Ore is plentiful since 1T, I can get 1000 ore per hour if I dedicate to it.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    It is odd and I have. Wondered why for some time now. Although as mentioned earlier the lower writs take much more in resources. Nightwood was 3,3 and 3 for staves and such. I will say that tempers drop much more frequently for me over the last 6 months or so. And Ore is plentiful since 1T, I can get 1000 ore per hour if I dedicate to it.

true but you must be a farming machine! lol I've done 200 an hour pretty consistently in some zones.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homestead drops the requirements of that quest to one helm, dagger, pauldron.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

true but you must be a farming machine! lol I've done 200 an hour pretty consistently in some zones.

Yeah I gather quite a bit. I never ride my mount and never stay on the road. It does take forever to get somewhere because I pick up everything.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Homestead drops the requirements of that quest to one helm, dagger, pauldron.

Awesome! Problem solved!