New Campaign Proposal - PVP for PVP's Sake

Malveria
Malveria
✭✭✭✭
Create a trial campaign in the game. Promise everyone who homes it that they will get the mail rewards for 'winning', but keep the leaderboard rewards (gold items) the same.

Remove Emperorship.

Remove the scoreboard.

Have no purpose in the campaign except PVP itself.

See what happens.
Venatus
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malveria wrote: »
    Create a trial campaign in the game. Promise everyone who homes it that they will get the mail rewards for 'winning', but keep the leaderboard rewards (gold items) the same.

Remove Emperorship.

Remove the scoreboard.

See what happens.

How would this be any different than any normal day on Alessia bridge?
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Remove Emperorship.

Remove the scoreboard.

See what happens.

Those trying to play the campaign for campaign score wouldn't be spamming to get off the bridge anymore.
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭

No more harassment from zone. No more zerging because of a sense of urgency to defend/dethrone/crown an Emperor. No small-mans ninja-taking resources for points, necessitating people then having to take them back.

I would be interested to see what the map looks like, as well.
    Venatus
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No more harassment from zone. No more zerging because of a sense of urgency to defend/dethrone/crown an Emperor. No small-mans ninja-taking resources for points, necessitating people then having to take them back.

I would be interested to see what the map looks like, as well.

You do not have to have zone chat on..or get butt hurt by it if you do....you do not have to zerg..defending dethroning and crowning can be fun...but again you are not forced to participate...and the last part about resources....pretty much speaks for itself.....

you're asking for a game of football without endzones.....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emperor should be removed. Keep the health bonus for the faction but remove the emperor. Make the 2 closest keeps invulnerable at night (based on timezone of the server). Dont calculate score at night. Introduce a chance for a big rewards for winning the campaign (ppl will try to win the campaign). As more even was the campaign the chance for the big rewards increases. For example if you win an empty campaign (you have 1% chance to get something good, if you win an active campaign you have 50% chance, etc).
    Because I can!
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Emperor should be removed. Keep the health bonus for the faction but remove the emperor. Make the 2 closest keeps invulnerable at night (based on timezone of the server). Dont calculate score at night. Introduce a chance for a big rewards for winning the campaign (ppl will try to win the campaign). As more even was the campaign the chance for the big rewards increases. For example if you win an empty campaign (you have 1% chance to get something good, if you win an active campaign you have 50% chance, etc).

Why make the keeps invulnerable during night? Why not just make it to where NPC's are buffed after a certain hour and unbuffed after a certain hour as if they're fresh guards on duty. Immersion fitting and make sense to keep PvP active at those times. It would make it easier for those factions experiencing night-capping to defend against larger groups because the guards would be stronger at those points in times.
  • Malveria
    Malveria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make the 2 closest keeps invulnerable at night (based on timezone of the server). Dont calculate score at night.

RIP other timezones.
    Edited by Malveria on January 19, 2017 7:11AM
    Venatus
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Make the 2 closest keeps invulnerable at night (based on timezone of the server). Dont calculate score at night.

RIP other timezones.

It just baffles me that folks are unclear on the concept that the sun never sets on PvP with an international player base.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jellicles wrote: »

RIP other timezones.

It just baffles me that folks are unclear on the concept that the sun never sets on PvP with an international player base.

what's really funny is to hear US based players complaining about "night cappng" :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry but I don't understand why you think CP give you infinite resources, they don't.
    If I am specced magicka I still have to manage my stamina and health carefully for example.
    CP do give me more options when I build to selectively bolster stats that my armor sets and base stats don't.
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I am sorry but I don't understand why you think CP give you infinite resources, they don't.
    If I am specced magicka I still have to manage my stamina and health carefully for example.
    CP do give me more options when I build to selectively bolster stats that my armor sets and base stats don't.

Resource management is major in Non-CP compared to CP. Managing Health happens in everything, naturally. You don't want to die.

As far as the Magicka build managing Stamina, that happens some, but not all the time in CP, where-as, in Non-CP in almost all fights you are having to manage it.
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    They should make 2 more campaigns. One cp, one non cp. Both have emperor removed.
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    They should make 2 more campaigns. One cp, one non cp. Both have emperor removed.

They should make Haderus the no-emp campaign. The only reason people play is to farm that title. It would make a good test bed for this.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would end up just like IC, just a few elitists ganking away.
  • Baronh2o
    Baronh2o
    ✭✭✭

This isn't the best idea. This would absolutely destroy PVP in this game. People have different schedules and for those people that get to play at night they wouldn't want to be beating their head up against a useless wall ...dealing with immune keeps and no score changes at night. All factions night cap, it's an ebb and flow depending on who has the higher population at night (and it's not always DC). It's confirmation bias nothing more if you believe any one faction night caps more than the others.

And honestly there have been times when I've seen all factions destroy an opposing force when they were against 3 to 1 odds. It's all about who's playing at the time and how good they are. I've see DC, AD, and EP all pull this off. There are good players in all alliances.

And to the point about the emperor - don't get me wrong emperor is powerful...but it's not like the emperor wades in and 40 players go flying to the left as the emperor swings left and 40 players to the right as the emperor swings right. It's not as powerful as you think it is...

My post basically just boils down to don't touch the base rules of Cyrodiil because one person has confirmation bias of things being unfair. They aren't, people just need to be able to take a step back and look less subjectively at pvp as a whole.

Edited by Baronh2o on February 15, 2017 9:33PM
    "Not all who wander are lost." - Tolkien

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now THIS sounds interesting
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove faction based PVP then see what happens.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    jellicles wrote: »

RIP other timezones.

what's really funny is to hear US based players complaining about "night cappng" :)

Lol. I'm US Based Player. Playing on server. I totally agree with this. If it's someone's afternoon . It probably. Someone's night. If it's someone's night. It be someone's morning. Which in case. How is it considered Night capping.

If you are from a different country and time zone? No such thing as Night camping. I also believe. ZOS truly wants a 24 hr Cyrodiil battles. So again. No such thing as Night capping.

Also United Kingdom, Germany and France is 9 hrs ahead of me. I'm Pacific Time Zone. Most in Scourge PS4 EU PvPer based are in those 3 countries. Some are NA player based to.

:smiley: No such thing as Night capping.

I also love playing with others. From all over the world. Very fun.

Edited by Serjustin19 on February 17, 2017 4:23PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove faction based PVP then see what happens.

now that is a hellhole
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

While we are glad to see members posting in our forums, we have recently had to remove a handful of posts for Baiting and Flaming. Baiting and Flaming is against the Community Rules that we have in place to try keeping the forums civil and constructive. Please keep all posts within the rules and this thread will remain open. Otherwise, we will be forced to close this thread. Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a free for all arena to make you guys happy, just jump in and see how long you can last.

Without objectives it's pretty much that except with teams and the team with the most will just run over the others........that is if you can find a spot to meet up for some reason since you've removed the objectives.... /rolleyes
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baronh2o wrote: »

This isn't the best idea. This would absolutely destroy PVP in this game. People have different schedules and for those people that get to play at night they wouldn't want to be beating their head up against a useless wall ...dealing with immune keeps and no score changes at night. All factions night cap, it's an ebb and flow depending on who has the higher population at night (and it's not always DC). It's confirmation bias nothing more if you believe any one faction night caps more than the others.

And honestly there have been times when I've seen all factions destroy an opposing force when they were against 3 to 1 odds. It's all about who's playing at the time and how good they are. I've see DC, AD, and EP all pull this off. There are good players in all alliances.

And to the point about the emperor - don't get me wrong emperor is powerful...but it's not like the emperor wades in and 40 players go flying to the left as the emperor swings left and 40 players to the right as the emperor swings right. It's not as powerful as you think it is...

My post basically just boils down to don't touch the base rules of Cyrodiil because one person has confirmation bias of things being unfair. They aren't, people just need to be able to take a step back and look less subjectively at pvp as a whole.

It's not the emp himself that people are tired of but the blatant boosting and emp trading purely to get someone the achievement being done by some guilds.

This has decreased recently in haderus and the campaign seems to be getting better so maybe changes aren't necessary. But I think a no emp campaign might be interesting.