Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decon partners dead?

IMVERYHUNGRY
IMVERYHUNGRY
Soul Shriven
I remember a few years ago, I would be able to instantly find a partner to deconstruct gear almost instantly, but now it's bee extremely difficult. Are decon partners still a thing? If not, what is the new method to level up crafting, especially woodworking?
  • IMVERYHUNGRY
    IMVERYHUNGRY
    Soul Shriven
    Disregard the redudant use of instantly.
  • De_Mysteriis
    You can buy crafted things in a guild store.
    PC|EU
    - Behold: the Staff of Magnus.
    What? What happened? Where is it?
    - You stupid, I've taken it just now.
    - By the shining trees of Aldmeris. We have been burgled. But how?
    That staff was an illusion. Where's the real one?
    - Oh... ok.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy crafted things in a guild store.

... That's not quite what they're asking.

To the OP; There are, but it's easier to find them within a guild than it is out in Zone.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on January 13, 2017 10:25AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a few years ago, I would be able to instantly find a partner to deconstruct gear almost instantly, but now it's bee extremely difficult. Are decon partners still a thing? If not, what is the new method to level up crafting, especially woodworking?

I've leveled up crafts on new characters faster than ever before just by deconning all the trash cp 160 loot I get while playing.

If you're on pc/na shoot me a mail or whisper about decon trading and might be able to give you a little help.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found wood, BS, cloth very easy to level by just deconning all the random loot drops (CP 160 stuff).

Enchanting though is another story - in the time I've leveled several characters to 50 in the three skills above (using only their own drops), I've barely gotten enchanting to 40 on one character (funneling all enchants to the character).
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You seem to level crafting faster by deconning all the items you get from doing quests/dungeons than from trading hundreds of daggers. The higher the level of the stuff you decon, the faster you level. Works best if you have a high level character to pick up the stuff to decon.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    You seem to level crafting faster by deconning all the items you get from doing quests/dungeons than from trading hundreds of daggers. The higher the level of the stuff you decon, the faster you level. Works best if you have a high level character to pick up the stuff to decon.

Trading hundreds of daggers five at a time, no less. But yes, I've found that having my CP160+ main feeding my low level alts lots of CP160+ gear, especially coloured gear, levels them up ridiculously fast compared to the grind the main went through.

The other thing mitigating against decon trading since Update 12 is the problem of losing almost unreplaceable low level mats thanks to ZOS's insane implementation of resource leveling.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that is a problem now. I bought the extra character slots, and I haven't put any points into crafting for those characters. As they level up, I alternate between finding iron/jute/maple and whatever is appropriate for the character level.

Now I just have to figure out what level the mats are that I want, and level the skills up just that far, keeping one at least at 0 so I'll always have a chance at iron even when I'm leveled enough for ruby level mats.
  • skiptomyluau
    skiptomyluau
    ✭✭✭
    For enchanting I bought a stack of deni and a stack of jejota and went to town
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think decon partners are dead because the game evolved to a point where they aren't needed anymore. For enchanting, deconstruct all your white glyphs. For clothing, wood and metal, just start deconstructing once you hit CP ranks and it comes surprisingly fast. You don't really need anyone feeding you decon. The game will do that for you.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At release, deconning items made by other players gave the most inspiration. So, trading items back then made sense. As crafting has changed, this is no longer the case, at least the last time I tested it. Now, deconning Mob Loot gives as much Inspiration as deconning other player made items. Also, at least with Enchanting, deconning glyphs an Alt of yours made gives almost as much Inspiration (90%) as other player made or Mob Loot. I have not tested with Equipment as this process is really a waste of mats, you get back about 25% of what you put into the process. But, as of patch 1.5/1.6, mob loot is your best source of inspiration on decon. For the record, I have leveled 9 Alts to L50 in all equipment Crafting, all from deconning Mob loot or deconning Alt made Glyphs.

So, there is no real need to engage another player for decon fodder. Besides the 6 item per Mail or FtF Trade is a pain.

Really, the best way is to farm a Public Dungeon or Delve/Overland Spot for Mob Loot to decon. You get Experience, Gold, items that you may need to research and tons of items to decon for gaining crafting experience. Also, you gain Mats this way, not suffer a net loss from the process. You will soon have all the Style, Trait and Tempers you need (for intermediate improvement anyway).
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"