Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Eso loads slow?

Souls
Souls
Soul Shriven
When I play eso and I'm walking around, sometimes the landscape doesn't load properly. For example, if I go to Abah's Landing and head towards the thieves den, the stairs leading there from the entrance don't load, but when I get to the plank beside the thieves den (next to the khajiit), it finishes loading. At the moment I'm using 5 addons:
AUI - Advanced UI
Destinations
HarvestMap
Ravalox Quest Tracker
SkyShards

My PC specifications:
Processor - AMD FX(tm)-770K Quad Core Processor
Speed - 3.5 GHz
RAM - 12 GB
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Dedicated Memory - 2.0 GB
Total Memory - 4.0 GB
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

I would appreciate any help.
  • xKRAIZEEMANx
    Try turning down view distance...Helped me out quite a bit. Also turn down/off shadows and water reflection. Not sure about the add-ons and what they might be doing....But you can always disable them and see if that makes a difference in load times.

Also, the disk speed of your HDD makes a difference...Does your motherboard have SATA III? That's faster than older SATA II connections. Thanks might be the cause, as well.
  • Souls
    Souls
    Soul Shriven
    Try turning down view distance...Helped me out quite a bit. Also turn down/off shadows and water reflection. Not sure about the add-ons and what they might be doing....But you can always disable them and see if that makes a difference in load times.

Also, the disk speed of your HDD makes a difference...Does your motherboard have SATA III? That's faster than older SATA II connections. Thanks might be the cause, as well.

I believe my motherboard has SATA II. Also, thanks for the help, I'll try out your suggestions when I get the chance.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest Map if your tracking too many node types can be a factor, thought the cities should not be effected, unless your tracking on the Troves, Chests and Heavy Bags.

View Distance is going to have an impact on your machine being a laptop with a not quite gaming card on it. It will run games, it just won't do all the demanding stuff.

Also, since this is a laptop, you can disable some, or really, all the Shovelware that comes with laptops. That might help, its easy to try and you can reverse this too:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xKRAIZEEMANx
    Souls wrote: »

I believe my motherboard has SATA II. Also, thanks for the help, I'll try out your suggestions when I get the chance.

Yeah, that processor is a socket FM2+, so probably SATA II. Wife's PC has a SATA II Mobo and the load time is noticeable compared to mine (mines SATA III).

But do try to lower view distance and see if that helps. Maybe get an SSD solely for ESO...

Best of luck!
  • Souls
    Souls
    Soul Shriven
    Souls wrote: »

Yeah, that processor is a socket FM2+, so probably SATA II. Wife's PC has a SATA II Mobo and the load time is noticeable compared to mine (mines SATA III).

But do try to lower view distance and see if that helps. Maybe get an SSD solely for ESO...

Best of luck!

Sorry for the very late reply, but do you think installing eso on an SSD would be better than having it on my HDD? I tried turning down view distance but the problem persisted.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) I cannot help your pc performance other than to tell you to be sure you have cleaned it. Taking a small shop vac and reversing the air flow to exhale instead of intake and be careful not to touch the components and gust the dust out.

2) This might seem way obvious but I did not think of it myself until someone told me. You can shut off your addons you are not using by unchecking them in the menu that starts Addons (not the Settings > Addons) . Then Reload UI.

3) It is good to have Minion installed so it can update your mods quickly but you have to remember to turn it on as it is a separate program.

4) Finally, the very best advice I have is using the addon called Shissu's LUA Memory which expands your addons capacity to use your PC memory and it helped me a lot.