The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

White-Gold Tower needs more bosses

WhiteMage
WhiteMage
✭✭✭✭✭
We have a problem. Do you know what it is? It's RNG. That mfer would rather I complete three sets of divines SPC than one set of impenetrable SPC.

But until we get this RNG fixed, we need a bandaid fix for WGT. Here is the thing: gear only drops from bosses (because chests and trash mob drops are so low and unpredictable, so I'm ignoring this case. Don't nit-pick it) and since 1T, big pieces drop from major bosses and small pieces drop from minor bosses. According to the loot table, WGT does not have minor bosses and there are only 3 major bosses. What that translates into is you can get any gear piece from only 3 bosses, with weapons and jewelry at the final boss. This is compared to many other dungeons with at least as many minor bosses as major ones, grind gear in WGT is a nightmare. The odds of even 4 people getting what you are looking for is abysmal.

I have spent at least 24 hours this week grinding for impen SPC and am beyond frustrated I wasn't finished at least 12 hours of playtime ago. Here is the bandaid fix: add the iron-swathed glutton and the scion of wroth to the loot table as minor bosses. Please. I know this will never make it into the game before I finally get my last piece, but please end my nightmare of grinding for a set that I don't even know will work till I try it!
The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discouraging to say the least. 1T had some huge wins but unfortunately this has overshadowed some existing flaws.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Don't forget that you can trade in key fragments for random gear. Got two impen spc pieces (a sash and a chest) from 3 vault openings today, and two spc rings :) you can buy a stack for 5k on PC EU.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    WGT does not have minor bosses and there are only 3 major bosses.

The room with the council fight, where there are 3 bosses that are constantly dropping Standard, is a mini-boss fight. So run on normal, blitz through Adjudicator boss and Council mini-boss. Leave. Rinse and repeat.