The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How find addon which is causing errors?

Hoylegu
Hoylegu
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I log into the game and immediately see a LUA memory error. I have maybe 30 addons running, but I've been gone a while, so I'm not sure what's what. Is there any way to find a crash log or maybe even install another addon which shows what the culprit might be?

TIA,
Hoy.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check your notifications. You may have error messages that point to the culprit. Otherwise, it would be a laborious trail and error. Turn off all addons, then turn them back on one by one until you find the problem. PITA
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do what is called a binary search. Turn off half of the addons. Does it go away? If so, one in the half you turned off is the culprit. If not, one in the half you still have on is. Turn on half of the addons in the half that is the problem, and keep repeating until you get it down to a single addon. With 30 addons it will take log2(30) = 5 tries. That is unless it is an issue with just having too many addons, or some combination of addons! :(
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    Hi all,

I log into the game and immediately see a LUA memory error. I have maybe 30 addons running, but I've been gone a while, so I'm not sure what's what. Is there any way to find a crash log or maybe even install another addon which shows what the culprit might be?

TIA,
    Hoy.

You may want to try a memory manager. They help to eliminate memory errors. I recommend: Shissu's LUA Memory ( http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html )
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    You likely need to increase your LUA allocation because of the amount of addons you're running. By default, ESO uses 64MB of RAM for addons, which isn't much. You can increase it based on the amount of RAM your machine has.

Addons such as No, Thank You or Shissu's LUA Memory Manager can be used to adjust this. If you're running No, Thank You, it'll give you a dialog box when you're close to the limit and there's no need to run Shissu.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know - I've had errors that only cropped up as a combination of two particular add-ons, and I see no reason to think that some are even harder to find as a combination of more than two add-ons.

The error I had only occured when both add-ons were active, one active without the other wouldn't trip an error.

I confess I don't recall the combination, but the result was that the game would crash when I accessed the stable to train horses.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.