The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dark Brotherhood: Contract Kvatch problem

Blackedge7
so I just started the darkbrotherhood quest line, and got my first contract for Kvatch to kill an npc named Bivale Moren.

I've been inside the quest circle area on the map for over an hour and have yet to see this NPC spawn. I've tried googling/looking on youtube/eso wikia's for the npc's spawn location and have found nothing.

Here's a link to a screenshot of the spot/npc name.

http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac116/khorthoz/The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited_zpsovy29ep6.png~original

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Given that I've been here for over an hour and have checked all the buildings, I'm wondering if it's glitched or may be spawning outside the quest marked area?

Any help locating this npc would be greatly appreciated
  • Blackedge7
    Just did multiple laps around the town, found nothing. Unless this npc/target is spawning in some odd spot outside the quest circle, im thinking its bugged?

can i drop this contract for a new contract?
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From personal experience and that of others, some of the contracts seem to bug (but who knows - maybe someone as ZOS believes a spawn timer in the hours is a good idea) and the best course of action is to abandon and go get a new contract.
  • Blackedge7
    Dawnblade wrote: »
    From personal experience and that of others, some of the contracts seem to bug (but who knows - maybe someone as ZOS believes a spawn timer in the hours is a good idea) and the best course of action is to abandon and go get a new contract.

I think the npc's may have in game timers, like day/night. that or they bug and just kinda randomly come back.

I picked up another contract the other day for a refugee camp in glenumbra. went there, waited around for over an hour, nothing.

I happened to go back there yesterday at a different time of day in game to drop off a crafting wirt and bam the npc for the contract was just there out in the open.

bug, or timer. no way of knowing which i guess.

But ya i ultimately abandoned the kvatch contract and grabbed a new one that worked fine. Kvatch was my first contract so I was unsure if abandoning would work.

Anywho, thanks for the reply :)
  • coolkhajit
    coolkhajit
    ✭✭
    I had the same contract. I spent two hours there and ended up getting a couple murder achievements from all the people I killed so that was a plus. Ultimately Thai npc never came so I checked back the next day and they were still nowhere. I then learned that I could drop The Quest and get a new contract and there were no problems. I think the npc is bugged.