Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Newbie DK tank questions

CubanRay
CubanRay
✭✭
What's up guys Im going to make an imperial DK tank but I have my doubts,been doing research and some people say is viable for solo and some say is not.
Is the dps good enough for solo pve? (Group later)
What skills do you recommend while leveling? (Base name please I'm not familiar with the skills I'm new)
Help is appreciated.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    * tank is pretty much the easiest job to solo in. You're a tank. With patience, I've solo'd almost every single overworld boss, delve boss, dungeon, etc. Just need the right rotation and patience. Let's not forget that in open world, things tend to move in groups of 2 or 3. With other classes you might need some strategy, but with tank, you can wander into a group of enemies by accident and not only survive but be boss and kill them all with a rotation and a half, possibly two rotations of abilities.

* you will have enough dps. You won't be destroying stuff with one or two hits, but with one rotation of 5 or 6 abilities, most stuff will go down.

* every single skill is what you should level. This game's beauty is that you can level every skill and once you get to vet, use the stuff you LIKE to use that works for you. For me, I did not like stamina DK tank. I went magicka for the self heals and shear survivability. But again, I KNOW this BECAUSE I leveled each and every skill and used what worked best for me. By the time I was vet, I knew what worked and what didn't.

* HAVE FUN. Most will say this but with this game, reallly and truly, genuinely, just do whatever you want. It truly does not matter until vet levels.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    Thanks ,I'm going the Stam way,been playing for a while and I'm enjoying it,yea I have slotted 1 of each skill line skill to level them and 2 Sword and shield skills,haven't die :)
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    @Duragon_Darko would you tell me how does DKs heal,damage is not a problem so far but little healing,I know a few skills later will heal but what do you use ?
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @CubanRay

So, being magicka, the more magicka you have the more damage you do with magicka abilities and thus the more you would heal from certain abilities. But it's also the combination of abilities that works.

Igneous Shield, Coagulating Blood and Burning Embers and/or Deep Breath
    So, with that, Igneous Shield is a health shield, but also gives you minor mending for an additional 25% to heals done for like 6 seconds. Coagulating Blood is a heal that gives you 36% of your missing health back. So if your missing 15k, it will give you back 5,400 health, but with Igneous Shield, you get back an additional 25% of that, increasing the heal to 6,750. BUT.... Coagulating Blood also gives you minor vitality, giving you an additional 8% healing received for another 20 seconds. So, if you then use Burning Embers, which does a damage dot on the mob, and heals you for 75% of the damage done, and you're doing 10k in damage with it, that's 75% plus the 25% plus the 8%. 10k in damage after those three abilities equals 10,125 in heals. If you are dying, and need a quick heal, you can do Burning Embers twice, and will get healed for 75% of the first initial burst hit instead of the dot. So of the first hit is 3,500... you get healed for about 3,544. Put Deep Breath in that mix with multiple adds, and your health will never move from full.

Burning Talons and Flame Lash.
    This is a solo combo, can't do this in dungeons but Flame Lash turns into a different power called Power Lash when it hits something that's ensnared or off-balance. Burning Talons ensnares, and one hit of Flame Lash/Power Lash will heal you for close to 10k over 2 seconds, which is pretty much instantly. Add in Igneous Shield and Coagulating Blood, and that heal is 13,500.

You'll be surprised what I can solo. You'll feel like a God when you can train 7 or 8 mobs on you and they can't get you down past 80% health, lol.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a an imperial tank I was two hander sword and board while leveling worked great once you have vemonous claws and noxious breath. I put all points into stamina. Crit rush into Choking talons to hold mobs in place. Swipe dizzying swring swipe dizzying swing.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • CubanRay
    CubanRay
    ✭✭
    @DHale yes that poison combo is what I want to try.
    @Duragon_Darko awesome info man thanks