Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What class for me?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone!! Returning player here. I used to play as a magicka templar but quit for a while because I found the have to get really annoying and boring so looking for a new class.

In other games I played
Final fantasy 14 - paladin
WoW - protection paladin
Gw2 - guardian

So what I am looking for.

Sword and shield for sure(don't like 2h weapons)
Self heal ability when needed
Prefer heavy armor but not a must.

Not going for optimal dps of course. I don't mind if it takes me a few extra seconds to kill mobs. But still of course want to be able to kill things while being on the tankier side and being able to self heal.

So what class would you recommend for me along with which skills do you think would fit this kind of playstyle? I typically do always play alone.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tankyish Stamina Sorc might be a good option. There's DPS to be had and some nice self healing.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sword and board templar mag or stam
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagKnight has fun skills for rotation. Shield/Armor spells, Absorb/Heal spells, Fiery Breath (like a Dragonborn), Take Flight Ultimate (Flying!), Reflective Scales (love spreading my Dragon wings to deflect those projectiles), Dragon Blood (watch that heart pound with your see-through self), Flame of Oblivion (Fireball), etc.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sorcerer has some options that make it viable for tanking.
    • The daedric summoning skill line makes for good health and stamina sustain and if you choose clannfear as your familiar morph, you can get a huge heal.
    • Hardened Ward is fantastic and stacks with Boundless Storm or Hurricane (stormcalling skill).
    • The Surge skill and its morph from the stormcalling tree grant you additional self-heals whenever you land a critical hit. It also grants more weapon damage when you activate it. Power Surge morph gives you more spell damage in addition; Critical Surge improves the healing.