The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Keeping up with all the motifs

BlackStar300
BlackStar300
✭✭
I'll try to keep this short. I took about a few month break (due to Skyrim and Fall gaming) and come back and like another 7 motifs dropped and as I don't trial much sets like Celestial and Dro-M'thara are only through my purchase power (my fault, yea and I have a bit of money off topic though). I'm not gonna make the thread about crafted sets vs dropped and about getting style change into the game.

My thoughts are how many of you STILL keep up with them? Even with drop rate being low(Abah's Watch and Dragur) or high (i.e. Skinchanger and Hollow Jack ).

[Topic ends here-Below are just my missing set pieces for topic sake/comparison if anyone cares to discuss]

Missing All of
-Yokudan
-Celestial
-Dro-M'thara
-Dragur

Missing about half of
-Abah's Watch
-Order of the Hour
-Minotaur

Dark Brotherhood
-Swords (also if anyone has this that they may need to trade with another DB [I'd have to check which I have] I'm on the PS4 NA server.)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually you came up with quite a good list.

-Yokudan - none - not sure where it even drops
    -Celestial (have chests only as an accidental happy result of getting scooped up into a run)
    -Dro-M'thara - (have one container as a result of asking what someone meant by "baby Maw" in chat - got swept up in a dungeon/run and am not CP max with this account so I haven't opened it yet)
    -Dragur - none
    -Abah's Watch - um, don't think so
    -Order of the Hour - um, don't think so
    -Minotaur - have helms (and my "goblin" who loves weird hats wants one of these when she maxes out)
    -Dark Brotherhood - not evil, not doing that set of quests.

And a few more:

Sithis - don't have many, but noted the heavy legs are kind of skirt like, which means I want them for options for looks
    Glass - @Nestor kindly sent me some glass fragments, but so far I actually only have legs (and yes, I'm stalling on turning them in - and also broke and not in a hurry).

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buy, find, somehow someway. but i not too agressive about them, cause few people actually seem to be selling a lot of the motiffs. i know i never see new ones in zones like draugr yokudan, and i never see them in trade stores.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    @newtinmpls yea and after coming from a short break and hearing just how low the drops are again for Yokudan and Dragur is disheartening. You'd think they would have addressed that with Abah's watch (which is also repeatable hundred times a day), but even so the rates are crap.

The trial motifs that you have to compete and do are cheaper than these because they are guaranteed when you do them. Makes sense and kind of not at the same time. Yea, the dailies are probably not as taxing as putting on a trial (except crag), but I think it's funny how those are cheaper.

I also know that there are like 10+ more sets to come and back in the days of having the main 5 (Ancient Elf, Primal, Daedric, Barbaric, and Dwemer) I feel like it was more sought out. Now I don't really get requests much or even see anyone ask for pieces crafted (as a master craftsman myself).

I'm quite curious if this gets enough comments if anyone really runs in a straight PURE style set.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have never yet gotten a drop for the Ancient Orc that is supposed to drop in 'Wrothgar public dungeons'. Way back in the Jubilee event I was grinding a particular character up, and I have been back there a few times, but nary a one.

I do love the Daedric for swords and "leggings" (the light skirt), but to your question of do I ever use a PURE style (as in all the pieces are the same style? Rarely. I think for a while I was running Mol gro Durga (Orsimer Stamina Sorc/Battlemage) in all Breton Medium, that was a nice look on him. Then I got a few bits from ... heck I can't recall which of the newer Argonian dungeons, and they are so useful I keep them, but so horrible he wears costumes only.

I think right now the only style I'm using in that way is Hallowquest light. Second best boots in the game (after Ancient Elven).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only missing a few pieces. Dro mathra dropped really low you can buy it for almost nothing. Draught and youkodan are by far the hardest to aquire right now. Celestial is actually pretty cheap as well.

And list in case you were wondering:

Crafting Motifs 1: The High Elves
    Crafting Motifs 2: The Dark Elves
    Crafting Motifs 3: The Wood Elves
    Crafting Motifs 4: The Nords
    Crafting Motifs 5: The Bretons
    Crafting Motifs 6: The Redguards
    Crafting Motifs 7: The Khajiit
    Crafting Motifs 8: The Orcs
    Crafting Motifs 9: The Argonians
    Crafting Motifs 10: Imperial Cyrods
    Crafting Motifs 11: Ancient Elves
    Crafting Motifs 12: Barbaric
    Crafting Motifs 13: Primal
    Crafting Motifs 14: Daedric
    Crafting Motifs 15: Dwemer
    Crafting Motifs 16: Glass
    Crafting Motifs 17: The Xivkyn
    Crafting Motifs 18: Akaviri
    Crafting Motifs 19: Mercenary
    Crafting Motifs 20: Yokudan
    Crafting Motifs 21: Ancient Orc
    Crafting Motifs 22: Trinimac
    Crafting Motifs 23: Malacath
    Crafting Motifs 24: Outlaw
    Crafting Motifs 25: Aldmeri Dominion
    Crafting Motifs 26: Daggerfall Covenant
    Crafting Motif 27: Ebonheart Pact
    Crafting Motif 29: Soul-Shriven Style
    Crafting Motif 31: Skinchanger
    Crafting Motif 32: Abah’s Watch
    Crafting Motif 33: Thieves Guild
    Crafting Motif 34: Assassins League
    Crafting Motif 35: Dro-m’Athra
    Crafting Motif 36: Dark Brotherhood
    Crafting Motif 37: Draugr
    Crafting Motif 39: Minotaur
    Crafting Motif 40: Order Hour
    Crafting Motif 41: Celestial
    Crafting Motif 42: Hollowjack
    Crafting Motif 43: Harlequin
    Crafting Motif 46: FrostCaster
    Edited by Stopnaggin on December 21, 2016 10:49PM
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    Those are currently released and I have a good majority (not gonna actually find the %), but I"m guessing 85%+ of them, but there are still like another 10 motifs in the works lol.
  • Thundertalon
    Thundertalon
    ✭✭
    Where can you find Dro'mathra real cheap? I've only seem them on guild traders for at least 10k+

And I don't try to keep up with all the motifs, I just shoot for the cheap ones and the few that look interesting
    Edited by Thundertalon on December 22, 2016 6:26AM
    Pact: DK dps & magblade; DC: magplar, PC NA
    Looking to do group quests (Craglorn, IC, dungeons, etc) - just let me know
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    Dro-M'thara for 10k is cheap honestly @Thundertalon . I remember when they came out (of course with every motif) it was high demand-low supply = high prices
    >>Demand=Supply so the prices start to be constant
    and Lastly it rubberbands because no one farms them the late bloomers (if you wait too long) have to pay high prices because of its "rarity".

Its the same thing I'm dealing with getting my Dark Brotherhood Swords. No one farms them anymore and since my couple months break its almost non-existent, but I'd buy Dro-M'thara now at 10k before it spikes, although I feel trials won't die out compared to the other ways of farming soo you should see them go lower as time passes. Same with Celestial.

If people obtain them naturally prices will go to ALL TIME LOWS (i.e. Xivkyn, Mercenary which I can't even GIVE AWAY)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up a long time ago. I like xivkyn and DC, so not bothered about doing repetitive dailies to farm other motifs.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can you find Dro'mathra real cheap? I've only seem them on guild traders for at least 10k+

And I don't try to keep up with all the motifs, I just shoot for the cheap ones and the few that look interesting

10k is pitifully cheap compared to when they were at 100K plus. Even still those can be farmed fairly easy. What I did with another guy was 2 of us would run dps and carry a group, at the end all I asked for was a whisker, they would then make a new toon and repeat the process. Now this has been a while since I've done it so I'm not sure if it still works.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If people obtain them naturally prices will go to ALL TIME LOWS (i.e. Xivkyn, Mercenary which I can't even GIVE AWAY)

Heck.... there are always people who will be interested in any motif, just because they don't have it, or don't have it on all characters.

I stink at organization, and hate "chore" type stuff, so I rarely do crafting writs, (and am disorganized, and mostly broke) so I lack (but long for) the glass motifs.... or fragments.

The folks I used to prowl around in IC with don't play much any more so I'm sorta stalled out on collecting Xivkin.

Same for undaunted ... I don't tend to do much random, and the individual dailies haven't netted me any motifs.

So trust me, you can give them away..
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now, I have all of the Motifs known on my crafter. I dread every update that seems to add 1-5 more....UGH....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have all but Celestial and Yokudan***....working on both now. I typically quest for them when new motifs drop, but almost always fill in gaps through guild stores. I just keep my eyes open for bargains and wait for initial prices to drop before buying.

Since almost everyone is now wearing dropped sets, and there is no way use motifs except craft new sets, it seems superfluous to bring in even more new motifs. Honestly, I think zos does this to create more pressure to sub for craft bags by introducing more style mats and sub-mats ( you know, 10 of these to make 1 of those). All those style mats take a LOT of bag space.

At this point, collecting motifs is like it's own mini-game for completionists. I have many motifs I have not used, and likely will not use, ever, to craft anything.

***I don't have crown store exclusive motifs. zos can shove it.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still going after all the in-game Motifs I don't have yet (same as @Ourorboros, I'm not touching the Crown Store-only Motifs with a ten foot pole...) but I've given up on farming all of them myself. Some of the activities I've done so many times already they've LONG since become a chore and RNG is too random to give me what I need once I'm down to the last 3-4 chapters. Some of the content (Thieves' Guild, Dark Brotherhood) I really don't enjoy and don't see myself ever being willing to do as much as I'd need to even dent the Motif pages list. The Alliance chapters I'd be willing to work for but I don't want to PvP for the enemy factions. Etc.

So I've taken to scanning my guilds for missing pages when I put things up for sale. Maybe by the time Housing hits I'll have filled in most of them and they'll be useful for themed furniture, who knows?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just some akiviri and yokudan ones to go for me. But they ain't cheap so it's going to take a while.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    You can also simply get the add-on "research grid" so you can keep track of what you have and what you don't. This will keep all available motifs in check!
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    I play on console so can't for me, but I write my missing motifs on a list and NOW we have 4 BRAND NEW MOTIFS to get. Sometimes I wonder if my OCD is healthy for me. I tried to quit motif farming many times now and I take a break and come back and I'm back at it again casually (not as bad as I was), but for some reason I keep coming back and I myself wear a costume and don't really have an active guild or people I make armor for SOOOOO.... I just collect to collect, but yet aren't going for all the achievements. Maybe its my creative side speaking out and wanting the POSSIBILITY of making ALL DA STYLES as I'm always hyped on housing. I like the cosmetics...

Yes, I'm a cosmetic *** =/