Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Prophet Quests question

Foobiscuit11
Foobiscuit11
✭✭
So I rolled up a new character on AD the other day, since I haven't done anything with that faction past Auridon. I was level 7 when I left the first island and I promptly got the first Prophet quest. I went and did it to get it out of my quest tracker and headed back to Vulkul Guard. Prophet says he has another quest so I turned around and did the next one. Back to VG, but he appeared with quest #3. So I turn right back around and do that one. On my way back to VG he accosted me AGAIN with quest #4 in his chain. I'm level 8. The first time around I didn't get this quest until 15 or 20. Is he broken, or is this a new thing since I'm nearly done with them on a different character?
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a new feature with 1T. Tamriel is your Oyster, no level restrictions anymore. Only "reputation" locks with the guilds.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Foobiscuit11
    Foobiscuit11
    ✭✭
    Ah, okay, it's 1T. Makes sense now. Thanks!
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    It might be on account of One Tamriel, but the Prophet's quests should still be level restricted.

Levels can be bypassed for Alliance Quests, Group Bosses & Public Dungeons, Miscellaneous Quests and Trials and Pledges, but for the main quests progression and for me the Guild quests, level restrictions should still be in place.

We still need some kind of progression in the game
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    It might be on account of One Tamriel, but the Prophet's quests should still be level restricted.

Levels can be bypassed for Alliance Quests, Group Bosses & Public Dungeons, Miscellaneous Quests and Trials and Pledges, but for the main quests progression and for me the Guild quests, level restrictions should still be in place.

We still need some kind of progression in the game
    Agreed. The number of main quests fits perfectly into one every 5 levels and being able to do it all at Level 3 makes it all go too quickly.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dreamer
    dreamer
    ✭✭
    I was just having the same question. Every time I leave the harborage I am called back almost immediately. So I finished one quest there and decided to look up the original quest levels before One Tamriel....the quest was originally level 35, I am 14.....So what's with this? Seems like we still shouldn't be offered the quests til the intended level, regardless of the level scaling, otherwise every time you leave you are called right back. I'm gonna lay off of them for a while, seems weird.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dreamer wrote: »
    I was just having the same question. Every time I leave the harborage I am called back almost immediately. So I finished one quest there and decided to look up the original quest levels before One Tamriel....the quest was originally level 35, I am 14.....So what's with this? Seems like we still shouldn't be offered the quests til the intended level, regardless of the level scaling, otherwise every time you leave you are called right back. I'm gonna lay off of them for a while, seems weird.
    They didn't want anything to be level-locked any more, and I guess that's reasonable; there's never been a level-locked main quest before in an Elder Scrolls game. But perhaps what would be better is a timer. After completing one of the Harborage quests, the next one doesn't appear for, say, 2 hours.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    The prophet always waits until I ride all the way back to town and then boom! "Come back, vestige we need you AGAIN.. haha. Annoying.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely unnecessary change, they should have left it in 5 level increments ...
    dry.gif
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    That level restriction with the main quest made perfectly sense to me as I leveled up my character. It was always something to look forward to while getting to higher levels. It was part of my ESO experience and I don't want to miss it with future characters. So please switch that back!!
  • mariskaas
    mariskaas
    ✭✭✭
    I just did all of it after i finished the areas x)
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering why that guy keeps bugging me. Now I know. :)
    PC | NA
    CP: 240+
    Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
    Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
    Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Endoc that past ES games have not had these restrictions and I've seen the Skyrim speed run videos on YouTube, but something still bothers me about a level 10 player having completed the main quest. I feel like it deflates the experience. I looked forward to leveling up enough to get another Harborage quest during my first playthrough. There's something to be said for having some suspense over how the main quest will continue.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.