The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG] Magicka Controller (Mages Guild Passive)

Kildayen
Kildayen
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings!

I was doing some theory crafting today and I found a bug with the Mages Guild Passive "Magicka Controller". The tooltip for this passive says "Increases your Max Magicka and your Magicka Regeneration by 2% for each Mages Guild ability slotted". I decided to test this out so that I could maximize my Sorc's DPS. When I tested it I learned that my magicka was not increasing at all. The number was remaining the same every time I added a Mages Guild ability. I then looked at my magicka regeneration and the numbers were off. It was going up a little bit, but not 2% per slotted ability and then at one point it began to go backwards. (See Test #1)

I then thought to myself that some of the add-ons could be causing my numbers to be incorrect. I went and disabled every add-on, logged out and back in and gave the test another try. Once again, my magicka was not increasing at all. My magicka regeneration numbers were moving up, but in incorrect amounts. (See Test #2)

I then totally quit out of the game and ran a REPAIR twice to make sure everything was good. Finished that and logged back in. Everything was the same, just with extra magicka from PVP buffs. (See Test #3)

So the main problems here are magicka is not increasing at all and the magicka regeneration is increasing but not in 2% increments. I have posted all 3 of my tests below. I have also posted what the numbers should look like if they were working according to what the tool tips say.

Here are the numbers from all of my tests.

Test #1
First set of tests with add-ons on:
With no Mages Guild abilities slotted:
Magicka: 22769
Magicka Recovery: 900

With 1 Mages Guild ability slotted (Entropy):
Magicka Recovery: 910

With 2 Mages Guild abilities slotted (Entropy and Inner Light):
Magicka Recovery: 922

With 3 Mages Guild abilities slotted (Entropy, Inner Light and Ice Comet):

With 4 Mages Guild abilities slotted (Entropy, Inner Light, Ice Comet and Equilibrium):

Test #2
Second set of tests after disabling all add-ons and logging off and back on:
Magicka: 23162
Magicka Recovery: 871

Magicka Recovery: 883

Magicka Recovery: 894

Magicka Recovery: 905

With 4 Mages Guild abilities slotted (Entropy, Inner Light, Ice Comet and Equilibrium):
Magicka Recovery: 917

Test #3
Third set of tests after quitting the game, running the REPAIR function twice and then logging back in with all add-ons off:
Magicka: 23554

Magicka Recovery: 883

Magicka Recovery: 894

Magicka Recovery: 905

Magicka Recovery: 917

If this was working the way the tooltips say it should work, the numbers should look like this:

Magicka: 24025
Magicka Recovery: 888

Magicka: 24496
Magicka Recovery: 906

Magicka: 24967
Magicka Recovery: 923

Magicka: 25438
Magicka Recovery: 941

Can someone help me with this issue please?

Thanks!

-Kildayen
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the same problem.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • IzanagiTensei-O
    IzanagiTensei-O
    ✭✭✭
    wow. march 2015, and november 2016... i did same thing last night, checking different setups and noticed wasnt getting, or atleast showing i was getting the buffs/bonuses/whatev, no changes to max mag/mag rec. amazing how much i still take for granted is working in this game... :s anybody got any (constructive) imput on this? am i missing something? is it common knowledge it doesnt work, or that it just doesnt show on character menu screen, or something? not on right now, i can take a better look later, thought i'd ask.