Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

(complete)

XxBradeyxX
XxBradeyxX
✭✭✭
I am looking to become a crafter. I have a slight understanding of how the trait things work but how to I power level my clothing?
Edited by XxBradeyxX on January 11, 2017 2:04AM
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deconstruct every single piece of everything you get while you are still in the lower levels (whites, greens, blues, purples, everything), and you will have blacksmithing, clothing (anything hide/leather/cloth, etc), and woodworking up to 50 in literally no time.
    NA PS4
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XxBradeyxX wrote: »
    I am looking to become a crafter. I have a slight understanding of how the trait things work but how to I power level my clothing?

If your goal is to power level to 50, yeah, just deconstruct stuff.

If you're looking to power level to 9 traits, it's literally impossible. It takes most people over a year.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot's of players sell 'intricate' items in guild traders - while you have to buy them for gold you will level up very quickly by deconstructing top-level intricate gear. If you join a friendly guild many players will give you top level intricate gear for free.

Do a crafting writ every day - they also reward crafting experience. It's not very fast but it rewards you with materials as well. At the very least get 'certified' do the first quest as that gives some experience for basically nothing.

A frustrating and expensive way to power-level is to make items and then deconstruct them. HOWEVER you get less inspiration from deconstructing something you crafted yourself, so a better way is to partner up with someone else (or even another of your own characters). Both of the characters make a load of items and then swap them over and deconstruct each others.

Learning motifs provides a tiny amount of crafting XP. When you complete research you get some too.

Just a little tip - I find clothing is the quickest of the equipment crafts to level up, so if you are going all out learning crafts you may as well get a head start on the others too.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on January 8, 2017 10:31PM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.