Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Leveling an alt character. Tips, methods, etc

Swordbreaker
Swordbreaker
✭✭✭
So i've fully leveled a Templar a while back, and now i wanna work on a Nightblade for DPS. Problem is it's an absolute grind to level. I'm too weak to effectively grind mobs, and questing seems very slow. What are some tips/tricks/methods for quicker leveling of an alt character? Skyshards are a bit of a grind but i dont mind doing those once i level to 50.

P.S. I already know about crafting training gear, which i've done.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like to do the main story quest as well as the FG and MG quests for the skill points, then grind nMA or Skyreach Catacombs in Craglorn (you can bring a friend to Skyreach). If you're going to want any skills from the alliance war skill lines and hate PvPing go to Blackwater Blade campaign since the TTK is much longer.

Edit: This isn't the fastest way but you'll have more skill point than if you just straight grinded.
    Edited by Danksta on January 6, 2017 8:51PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do some dolmen grind - not the fastest way but you are getting fighters guild as well
    I often see in Crag "Look for group for Skyreach" - probably fastest way
    I always do main quests at least in 6-10 zones - not the fastest way but gives you skill points.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ten characters...here's my main tips for how I blow from boat to vet in under ten hours play.

- work up provisioning and invest in connosoir so you can run 50 minute psijic sessions.
    - I run each dolmen once, for great xp and the bonus area clear.
    - I run each public dungeon...that's 25 skill points in addition to the xp.

This plus a few psijic runs in the wrothgar public dungeons, and a few delves for sky shards, is enough to get a toon to vet.