The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So there's an addon that allows you to see other player's loot upon drop now...

• Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Transairion ...are you one of those people who thinks someone saying 'Hello' to you at the office is sexual harassment?

Funny, but no.

More like someone walks up and offers to buy that nice pair of pants I've got hidden in my house and no-one's ever seen, and I've never told anyone about. You know, the suddenly omnipotent buyer.

Nothing wrong with people asking to buy stuff, but they're doing it before I've even offered to sell it. Or seen what it is properly.
    People. Please let this thread did. Can you not see what OP is doing. Let the thread fall away into oblivion

Given you've got nothing constructive to add other than "you're wrong!", if you're trying to kill the topic why do you keep replying constantly?
    Oh and another simple question: why are you afraid of saying "no" if you dont wanna do something?

I do. But it's really inconvenient to be harassed because someone else is using an addon and wants something I've got. Name me an addon that negatively effects other players, because I can't find any that weren't already stamped out by ZOS for exactly that reason.

Always expecting the wost and assuming that all people are evil *** that will kill your family for loot is quite anti-social I must say.
    Youre getting whispers simply because trading feature was added just recently.
    And speaking of rude people, what prevents them from bullying without that addon? You didnt post your loot and didnt offer it, then its enough for this kind of people youre describing. They would assume youve gotten all the best drops and hiding them.
    Please give me an answer to one very simple question: why cant you just tell your trial group that youre not sharing anything, even prosperous ice staff of alcosh?

I have never in the history of any game I've ever played heard of someone being rude because "they didn't tell me what loot they got so they must be hiding something".

I'm not anti-social, I'm not going to call out I won't trade any loot because I will do that just... but I shouldn't be getting whispers the second the loot drops either, because 90%+ of players can't see that loot to begin with. Only the addon holders can do so.

Just turn chat off, if other people talking to you offends you so much.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    I said "more harm than good"...

There have been multiple examples of the harm posted already. I could go back and find them, but I don't feel like digging through an 11 page thread to pick them out. If you've read the thread, you've seen them. Countless more complaints about anecdotally bad experiences with it. That would be the harm. In my opinion, that level of harm is significant.

Opposing arguments are that the harm is "minimal" (accompanied by plenty of totally unnecessary and degrading comments about people's "sensitivity"). How minimal is obviously subjective, but let's compare that to the "good".

The "good" is that it automatically shows everyone's loot, which can be marginally useful in certain specific situations where people actually want to share their loot. But given that this same functionality can be very easily achieved by having people simply list the loot they are willing to trade in chat, the "good" of having it done automatically, in the few situations where it would be semi-useful, is very minimal. In my opinion.

Obvious, though arguably minimal, harm. Obvious, but arguably minimal, good. The balance is subjective.

My opinion is that the harm (or potential harm) outweighs the very minimal usefulness. Others opinions quite obviously differ, but I'm still surprised, and actually saddened, by the number of players that have no regard for the enjoyment of other players versus their apparent need for a very minor convenience in very limited circumstances.

{edited for typos}

anecdotal evidence is always suspect and unreliable.
    Moreso when the anecdotal evidence comes from someone with their own agenda.

Personal experience with regards to the addon have all been good, people saying Gratz for getting impen Grothdar helm. I actually gave the Helm to the commenter as I already had in all armour types in Impen and they had been running the dungeon 100's of times already. So thats two people that benefited from the Addon, the Guy/Girl who got the helm and me with the warm feeling of helping someone else.
  • Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite addons.