Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Cant get past the agegate.

anforwb17_ESO
Trying to login in to my account on main ESO website but I cannot get past the agegate at the beginning. No matter what I enter it just reloads the agegate.

So basically I can't get in to my account to cancel my recurring subscription. Well played ZOS, well played.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've tried a direct link?

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/

I got in either way just fine, must be your browser.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    You probably inserted the wrong age and the agegate has saved the age with cookies or something like that, try a different browser or incognito mode with chrome to fix it for now.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    You probably inserted the wrong age and the agegate has saved the age with cookies or something like that, try a different browser or incognito mode with chrome to fix it for now.
    Could well be, I wrongly selected 2014 as my birth year and all I got was a terse "Access denied" or somesuch and never got back to the gate.

In the end I had to delete ALL elderscrollsonline.com cookies, there are at least two third-level domains maybe more, I never did discover which specific cookie it is.

The other possible reason is if Javascript is disabled, wouldn't surprise me if the page needs that; I already enabled ZOS' domain so I wouldn't have noticed that.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try it on another computer. For some odd reason i read "apegate" and i had to think of the "Ape King" from age of conan. He gave a nice treasure called "Ape King's treasure" or something. Still had the thing when i was lvl 80
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to switch computers. Just switch browsers or delete cookies from your main browser, and you'll be able to re-enter your age.
    ----
    Murray?
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CCleaner works for me.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • OnoSendai
    OnoSendai
    ✭✭
    You can try a temporary fix meanwhile.

On Chrome, open a new Incognito window (Control + Shift + N).
    On IE, inPrivate Browsing (Control + Shift + P).
    Edited by OnoSendai on April 22, 2014 12:32PM
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »

Boy I sure wish others read previous posts before commenting.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • bt86bt
    bt86bt
    ✭✭
    This worked for me in Chrome:
    Go to: chrome://settings/cookies
    Search for Elderscrollsonline.com, remove the cookie "age_gate"!
  • Lachann
    Lachann
    Soul Shriven
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Try it on another computer. For some odd reason i read "apegate" and i had to think of the "Ape King" from age of conan. He gave a nice treasure called "Ape King's treasure" or something. Still had the thing when i was lvl 80

Dude, that thing was worth 80c...
    Clan Koragg - Welcome Home
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to login in to my account on main ESO website but I cannot get past the agegate at the beginning. No matter what I enter it just reloads the agegate.

So basically I can't get in to my account to cancel my recurring subscription. Well played ZOS, well played.

Lol. Really, well played elder scrolls...well played.

Like it was a grand conspiracy to get 15 more dollars out of you.

Ended up being user error.
  • Challak
    Challak
    Soul Shriven
    I keep getting an age gate too. I try to get to The Tamriel Chronicle > Age Gate pops up > Supply my birth date in the 80s > taken to the main page > Click on The Tamriel Chronicle again > Age gate pops up > Continue to infinity and beyond! There are dozens of pages I can't even see due to this.
  • Challak
    Challak
    Soul Shriven
    Nevermind. I solved my own issue.
    Apparently, you will be locked in an eternal age gate IF you have checked the radio button in Firefox that tells websites you do not want to be tracked.
    Just go here:
    Firefox > Tools > Options > Privacy > Make sure "Tell sites that I do not want to be tracked" is NOT selected.

If it is you will never be able to view anything that's behind an age gate. At least that's what happened to me.
  • Firesenz
    Firesenz
    Just got denied by the agegate even though I put in my actually birthdate 1991...
  • bobdrad
    bobdrad
    ✭✭
    LOL - I just figured this out. Although the clever web designers put DD MM YYYY hints in the fields, they actually want the month *NAME* (e.g. February). If you use the pull-downs and select from the menu, instead of typing in values, you'll see this.

Brilliant.