Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: January 4th, 2017"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
a95bee0fb50812bf780d4869a14b103c.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase: January 4th, 2016."

Preview the new Crown Store offerings for January in our latest showcase. The new shipment includes two Redguard costumes from the “Tailored in Tamriel" series, a lot of classy hair styles, and an adorable new pet.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    I like the bard hair. How do the hair styles work? Can I put them on and off at anytime like a costume? Or do you have to use an appearance token?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice selection this month, i just hope you won't charge 1,5k crowns each for those 2 limited time sale parlor items.
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice selection this month, i just hope you won't charge 1,5k crowns each for those 2 limited time sale parlor items.

Shh! Do not give them ideas! :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this will let us know what Inflation is going to look like in the new post Crown Crates store from now on.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    I like the bard hair. How do the hair styles work? Can I put them on and off at anytime like a costume?

Yes.

I will definitely buy the witch robes. Really like the style of it.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The squid beard!! YES! I've been hanging out for this! :smiley:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the “Vested Interest" Banquet Garb available? Is that a typo (copy pasta mistake) on the line below it?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez guys...

Please bundle all the hair and face stuff. I get the idea behind individual purchases as choice but the prices don't align well.

Maybe 50 crowns per or less instead.

Thanks for the Redguard outfits. I'll be sure to sneak peak them first tho before as sometimes the pictures don't do the in-game outfits justice. It goes either way as in good or bad.

Motifs.....hmmm (awaiting reactions here)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    MissBizz wrote: »
    When is the “Vested Interest" Banquet Garb available? Is that a typo (copy pasta mistake) on the line below it?

That is indeed a typo! Thanks for catching it - we're getting it fixed now. The "Vested Interest" Banquet Garb also comes out for all platforms on January 12.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing "classy" about skinning a poodle and wearing it on your head. What is up with the "Wavy Triple Braided Updo" ?!?!
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES, the Subtle Dark Lashes are finally coming. I like the costumes too. About time we got some that weren't just Imperial ones.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pleased the Glenmoril Witches Robe made it to the Crown Store. I'll be having one of those if the price is right. Really like the Crest with Pony Braid hairstyle. Will it work on all races? I think it would suit my Orsimer perfectly.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are mind readers!

Yesterday I said I needed two things to complete my vampire's look, but I didn't say which things, and you will add both on the same day! It is the Tousled Bard hair style and the Subtle Dark Lashes.
    menedhyn wrote: »
    I'm pleased the Glenmoril Witches Robe made it to the Crown Store. I'll be having one of those if the price is right. Really like the Crest with Pony Braid hairstyle. Will it work on all races? I think it would suit my Orsimer perfectly.

I would love it for my Orsimer lady too, but I think it is Khajiit-only :/
    Edited by Abeille on January 4, 2017 4:57PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Costumes look nice, and I like a couple of those style items. That limited hairstyle though...
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    There's nothing "classy" about skinning a poodle and wearing it on your head. What is up with the "Wavy Triple Braided Updo" ?!?!

So I don't have to say it. :p

Also, is it just me or is this month a little sparse? We have three costumes per usual, but something seems missing.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, at first I thought someone did a necro here. You might want to fix the year to 2017. :-)
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    As nice as the new costumes look, I'm still desperately waiting for a male costume that's the same as the Graht-Climber costume females have. Not a skirt, simple, not tattered, but showing bare breast (for males) and enough of the legs for the perfect display of body tattoos.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just made that hairstyle 10x more hilarious for me than it already was.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You just made that hairstyle 10x more hilarious for me than it already was.

Allow me to further assist, with a theme song to go with it. ;)

tumblr_m5jnfiG0RX1r8agmo.gif
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, at first I thought someone did a necro here. You might want to fix the year to 2017. :-)

Drat, my time traveling was foiled. ;)

Thanks for the catch - fixed!
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gelnmoril Witch Robes certainly look interesting. I hope it's on the PTS, I'd like to see how it dyes before making a final purchasing decision. I'm also kind of interested in the "Vested Interest Banquet Garb", though it looks like it has the same problem that the Thieve's Guild costume has, with the giant vest that balloons outward for miles and the tiny boots that make your calves look like little sticks. The Preview function is going to be my friend on that one. And of course we all love the lynx, you can never go wrong with cats!

I did honestly hope that there would be a bit more, however. It seems more and more like the majority of work is being put into the gambling boxes instead of the proper Crown Store, and that's just not going to work for a lot of people, myself included. I hope the black and white lions don't wind up in there, that will be even more disappointing.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    mrs_gibbs wrote: »
    I like the bard hair. How do the hair styles work? Can I put them on and off at anytime like a costume? Or do you have to use an appearance token?

I have several hair styles and have not needed a token to use them. I click the one I want to use from the collection inventory and it is there. Just like using costumes, yes.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I would love it for my Orsimer lady too, but I think it is Khajiit-only :/
    Aah, that's a real pity. Mind you, I was thinking of making another Khajiit, so...
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory. All the nice items we see on the showcase are items they were strategically holding on to for the crown crates, but when the community got pissed about the gender and race exclusive items, they decided to no longer include those and that's the hodge podge of items we are seeing this month!

Thoughts?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I have a theory. All the nice items we see on the showcase are items they were strategically holding on to for the crown crates, but when the community got pissed about the gender and race exclusive items, they decided to no longer include those and that's the hodge podge of items we are seeing this month!

Thoughts?

Possible. Would also explain the lack of mounts and/or one pet.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

And so what?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »

Thoughts?

And so what?

Well, a) you're less like to open crates with items you can't use, and b) crown store may become the dumping ground for these esoteric items.
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sailor beard is really cool! :)
  • TheSeer
    TheSeer
    ✭✭✭
    It felt underwhelmed to me.... Usually I want half the showcase, but this time I only want the Witch robes, if that.

Alliance: Alderi Dominion / Ebonheart Pact •
    Gamer Tag: Unspoken Seer •
    Platform: Xbox One •
    Server: NA •
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    when is the comeback of the kagouti mount ? , i miss it when it released back then :(
    Edited by Solid_Metal on January 5, 2017 4:34AM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I love me a good cosmetic collection as much as the next person but please either get rid of the Atronarch crates or fix the damn loot tables for them. Ditto for the drop rates for special event items. The frequency of these "special edition" items is getting tiresome; enough with the money grubbing already.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends