Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My magic Templar so far

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
OK i just reached champion 130. So far the gear i have is either 7 heavy of 5 Wyrd Tree Blessing and two piece's of Juliano for the two piece bonus. But i just got two pieces of light necropotence which boost my max magic to a little over 22k. I also have a full Willpower jewelry set. I know there's better gear out there but this is what i have now. My question is about the two piece bonus gear. Should i stick with the Juliano for crit bonus or Necropotence for max magic? So far my character is really doing well but i just want to hear some advice.
Thanks
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

Honestly, it's personal preference. However if you want to increase your damage; increasing your critical rating is one of the easiest and quickest ways to do this. It's nice to have it up around 50%+, but once again it's a personal thing. Why not try one way, see how it works, then try the other? Mixing and matching to see how it affects your character's effectiveness in battle can be an enjoyable pastime.

Just from what you said however, your magicka does seem a little low, so I would recommend boosting that. The base damage your magicka spells and abilities will do is based off your maximum magicka & your spell power. So it's nice to focus on increasing those. Many aim to have magicka 32,000-42,000+ in the end, but just what it is depends upon a lot of factors.

The most important thing is what you said in your last line though "So far my character is really doing well...", and that's of course most important. So have a play around and see what you like.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The passives for wearing five light are huge, so one suggestion would be to experiment with 5/2 light/heavy to see how this affects you. Five light can make you squishy, but as you accumulate more CPs yo can offset this and get pretty tanky even in light on a magplar.

Is your weapon a set piece? You don't say...if it isn't, I'd make sure to use the weapons for extra Julianos buffs.

To your specific question, if deciding between a crit buff or max magic, usually max magic is preferred, but it's up to you. The crit buff will raise your crit by about 2.5%...this usually isn't that helpful on a magplar, and you can do much better by slotting Magelight if you need the crit. Max magic increases your pool, but also increases the effectiveness of all magic abilities.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so i'm at 169 cp now and did make the switch to light and it is huge. So its all epic gear of 5 mothers sorrow with a mothers sorrow sharpened bow and i got 5 piece bonus also from martial knowledge with jewelry and 2hd sharpened sword. I'm having a blast with this character. My one question is how many cp should i put in the light armor talent for more bonuses?