Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Magicka Sorcerer DPS - the best builds for PvE and PvP

Tyrion87
Tyrion87
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello forum-mates!

There are plenty of builds for magicka-based sorcerers and I have to admit that I'm a bit lost and confused. Builds designed for the same purposes but with totally different propositions. So I ask you to lead me by the hand and recommend the most optimal builds for sorcerers for both PvE and PvP.

I'm VR5 right now so I'm still levelling (doing cadwell's silver and lately try my hand at Cyrodiil and Imperial City). My sorcerer is an Altmer, 100% magicka-based DPS, occasionally a healer (sometimes in PvP and for self-healing in PvE). I'm using destro staff as a primary weapon and resto staff as a secondary weapon (for abovementioned healing purposes). For that moment my attributes are split into health and magicka almost equally and maybe because of that I get killed in PvP quite often (and fast) and as well my spell damage in PvP is not super high (many builds I've seen so far recommend to distribute all points into magicka as it affects both the max magicka and the spell power and as well - indirectly - the health because of affecting the strength of casted wards/shields). I'm using the Thief mundus stone for spell critical chance (previously I was using the Mage from the beginning). My char is wearing light armor epic (whole gear), Julianos Set (5 pieces) and Magnus Gift (two other pieces of gear and the staves) - all with divines/infused traits, staves with precise. Jewellery - VR1 Warlock (I couldn't find any higher level Warlock...). I've got like 90 CP's so far distributed into The Lady: Elemental Defender, Hardy, Light Armor Focus (from the Warrior), The Lover: Arcanist (from the Thief) and The Apprentice: Elemental Expert, Elfborn, Spell Erosion (from the Mage). I don't have access to Undaunted passives yet but many of my skills and abilities (class, destro/resto staves, light armor etc.) are max levelled/morphed. At the point where I am now I think that I've obtained many skill points so far. I am neither vampire nor werewolf.

I would really like to use my char in both PvE and PvP. What are your suggestions? I would be grateful for any helpful advices/propositions.

Thank you all in advance! :smile: