Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What should I do with ores/cloth/wood of different tiers that I collected?

WoollyWool
Hi, i am currently cp 60. I have collected mats of different level up till now and was wondering what should I do with them? They are chalking up huge amount of space even on my crafting alts which has reached lvl 20+ of crafting in all 3 trees. Should I keep lower level craft mats or just sell it away? Why would people buy low level ones? What use are they for? Can I safely assume that my daily writs will not involve lower level mats?
  • jeo329
    jeo329
    ✭✭
    Horde it
  • WoollyWool
    jeo329 wrote: »
    Horde it

Got it and what would be the reason?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send them to me. Accepting all donations for a better tomorrow.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are people who craft for friends or for guilds. There is a need for lower level mats since most people's maxed crafters won't find them anymore. I'm currently in 4 guilds, I craft for 3 of them, and do crafting by request for the 4th. Not everyone new to the game or with new characters knows to gather mats for their gear. I try to make stuff for lower level people in my guilds for free. It is a nice bonus if they have the mats, but there are a lot of new players who have no idea they should be mining that strange looking lumpy rock or picking those tall yellow flowers/short blue ones/weedy looking white tufted ones/spiderwebby ones/whatever ones.... If you don't believe you'll need the mats for any reason, sell them. I'm not the only crafter that would buy them. If you want, refine them to get tempers, then sell the refined ingots/sanded wood/bolts of cloth/leather and the tempers. You can get quite a bit of gold for the blue and higher tempers.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoollyWool wrote: »
    Hi, i am currently cp 60. I have collected mats of different level up till now and was wondering what should I do with them? They are chalking up huge amount of space even on my crafting alts which has reached lvl 20+ of crafting in all 3 trees. Should I keep lower level craft mats or just sell it away? Why would people buy low level ones? What use are they for? Can I safely assume that my daily writs will not involve lower level mats?

Sell them, 25 for 500 seems to move very quickly. I have gotten up to 25 for 3,000 but 25 for 500 moves fast and I don't have to maintain a price list for each material.
    Edited by bryanhaas on January 3, 2017 3:50PM
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoollyWool wrote: »
    jeo329 wrote: »
    Horde it

Got it and what would be the reason?

We are hoping that they will open up crafting materials to all levels, with the amount of mats determing the gear level, not the mat type. There is a lot of good art work that is essentially wasted with the various tiers of materials.

If you are a subscriber, the Crafting Bag makes storage of mats you are not using a non issue. Or, you could roll a Mule Character to store them on.

And, you can always sell them as the new system makes collecting intermediate materials a real pain so most people will now rather buy them than farm them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WoollyWool
    Alright, thank you guys for the insight! :)
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold it for this next patch; we might be able to make fun things with lower-tier materials.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.