The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Am i doing something wrong?

OneLeggedMan
OneLeggedMan
Soul Shriven
On ps4 if anyone ever needed help level up or just a quest a whole bunch of people would respond and help them out. I have noticed on pc that when i need help its like i didn't even ask nothing lol. No one has helped me at all (They don't have to) but it would be fun and nice if someone could, Is it like this all the time on pc? I thought there would be way more people offering help since eso was on pc first. Sadly there are no players who are kind so far...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not always like that. Sounds like you got unlucky. The best thing to do would be join a few guilds that specialize in whatever type of content you like to do (quest/raid/PVP/ect) and ask them for help instead of zone chat.

Also questing tends to be best done solo, as there isn't really any incentive to group up for most quests. Ofc, if you need help killing something or w/e that's different.

And ya, kind players can be rare, but they exist. Just make sure to add them to your friends list/guild so you can find them later, and before you know it you'll have a nice little community to play with. :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm also not sure what help you would need. I think it's fun doing things with people, but other than world bosses or dolmens, most of it can be done alone.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi!

I think your best bet will be to join a PvE or PvE social guild where you will be able to get to know other players and develop some sort of rapport. It's a lot easier to find a group or help this way. You may need to try out a few guilds before you find one that matches your personality, expectations etc.

One advice, when you join a guild, do try to introduce yourself and join in the chat every now and then so you are known to others. One of the problems with a lot of new members, when they join a guild, is that they tend to not say anything, not even a hi! to anyone. It's very hard for guild members to interact with you if you are not making an effort to be part of the guild. Most guildies will try to make an effort but give up if they feel like you are not responsive to their effort. Be a part of the community, help out when someone ask and others will be happy to help you as well. That said, during an off-peak time, there are not as many people around and when they do, they are busy with their own stuff so you might not get much response for help etc.

Good luck!

Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.