Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

level needed for dark brotherhood?

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
I was starting the DB quests...but my level 23 character can't finish the second quest in Kavatch...just doesn't have the oomph to finish the quest vs the main religious boss (the one in the residence outside of town). So what level is needed?
I know nutting....
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level shouldn't really matter much since you're scaled.

You probably need to work on your rotation, skills, gear etc. ...
    :smile:
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    My level 23 can handle about all PvE situations currently....except for maybe some higher level areas....I went thru several soul gems trying to finish this quest...final boss was way overpowered. I logged out and back in...no go. NPCs in game would not respond...no way could I finish it.. dumped the quest....

I have top line heavy armor...in all rated 4 stars. Use potions...etc. Pretty much maxed out for the level.

Similar situation with another character...Old Orsinium...with great effort got all the way thru it...got the best drops...but had to fight my way back to the original entry...not really credited....
    Edited by erliesc on December 22, 2016 12:29AM
    I know nutting....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it not take damage or just super strong but do able?

I've encountered a random bug on bosses (random as in different bosses and inconsistently) where they don't take damage. Anything like that? Did you re try it?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Would it not take damage or just super strong but do able?

I've encountered a random bug on bosses (random as in different bosses and inconsistently) where they don't take damage. Anything like that? Did you re try it?

Have run into the same type situation since in "upper level" ...to me...play. Get to the end of a quest and there is one big boss with 2 helpers....they ALL come at you at once...difficult to outmanoever. I'd guess 2xs overpowered at least.

Doesn't take long after you've respawned 2-3 xs to figure out that you just aren't going to make the grade.

I usually have a thing about finishing a quest...usually don't stop till I do...and usually can. There is typically some move you can make to win...this time...no way.

With the DB quest it is possible that I didn't jump thru the right hoops in the right order...not sure. The quest giver is a bit particular. Possibly if I'd have followed instructions more closely...the end fight would have beed modified?
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Probably had a visit from one of my DB brothers at a dolmen of all places...did the blade of woe on me? Contract put out. Not nice. Not nice at all.

Was going to try the DB with a higher level character...probably not now.

I play this game for the entertainment value...not looking for a job. Bite me...now don't any of you vampires get ideas....
    I know nutting....
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should have set pieces that are close to your level, if not at your level. It's understandable that that is hard to do for yourself at such a low level. Join a guild if you are not in one, and ask if there is anyone willing to help you with crafting gear.

Once you have set pieces everything will be a piece of cake and can be done as low as level 3 as long as you can block/dodge/interupt when needed.

Here is a level 5 with no champion points used, no addons, no jewelry, green crafted armor and blue crafted weapons, using only the first set of skills unlocked at level 3 doing that quest(the video only contains the boss part). The biggest thing is not to rush into that room. Let them come at you two at a time, till it is just the Grand Sermionizer and the two adds. Take out the two adds while avoiding her lightening, then take out her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwi9jVgKSXc
    Edited by Runs on January 1, 2017 11:04PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • dead3nemy
    dead3nemy
    Soul Shriven
    I'm only level 16 (just started playing ESO) and I hadon't no problem defeating the Grand Sermonizer. However my buddy (who also just started playing) told me yesterday that he just could not kill that boss. Seems there's something fishy going on.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    All my characters use heavy armour....impenetrable...best glyphs for the level they are on...all use 2 different armor/weapon sets...usually 5 of one and 3 of the other. Use drinks/foods and potions. If my level 22 character couldn't make the grade...then something is wrong.

I could probably manage to move around more...but there was no way to avoid the noid. They were fast and all 3 attacked at once. Was no picking them off one by one in the final battle.

My typical delving technique is usually conservative...I sneak a lot...forage along the way (pays for the horse) and take on only what I have to at one time. I try to get set up before any encounters....charged weapons...food/drink...room to move...etc. If I have the option I will sneak past trouble...espec if I don't think there will be a drop of any consequence.

I think there might be "instancing" abuse...in other words...the game you see might not be the game I see. The game I see is based on certain calculations....maybe my good armor is what cost me? Someone with a lower level and poor armor might get by real easy?

There's plenty to do in this game...so I'll keep on playing. I did want to run my lower characters in Orsinium...TG and DB in order not to repeat a lot of stuff...but that might not work out so well.

Possibly my lower characters need to do some of the guild stuff and base game quests....
    Edited by erliesc on January 2, 2017 3:04PM
    I know nutting....
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    All my characters use heavy armour....impenetrable...

Your gear is set up for PvP and you are trying to PvE. There is a bit of a difference.

PvE enemies do not crit you, so all that Impen is completely useless.

On solo play such as this I would suggest trying 5medium, 1heavy(chest), 1light(belt) if you are stamina based, or 5light, 1heavy(chest), 1medium(legs) if you are magica based. I would throw training on them all personally. But that wont do anything to help combat so either all divines, or divines on the smalls(Arms/Belt/Shoulders/Feet) and infused on the heavies(Chest/Head/Legs).

Then for group play if you are wanting to be a tank, heavy armor it is... but with something other than Impen for PvE(an actual tank would be able to tell you what traits are best for that).

Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Nilara
    Nilara
    Soul Shriven
    I defeated the grand sermonizer with a level 6 bosmer nb. Shouldn't be any problems
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Since terms such as "crit" aren't defined...I make armor...but I'm just guessing as to what is effective. Same with the terms around glyphs and potions/drinks etc.

I've noticed that at higher levels...near 50...the nasties throw a lot of fire...but what is it? Physical or magical? What defends against it?

Since I dont PvP...guess I'd better rethink my armor....
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer wrote: »
    I defeated the grand sermonizer with a level 6 bosmer nb. Shouldn't be any problems

Think I was "nerfed". If much lower level characters can breeze thru...there are 2 possibilities....the algorithm that calculates difficulty is messed up...or I was specifically targeted.
    Edited by erliesc on January 2, 2017 10:49PM
    I know nutting....
  • Teek
    Teek
    You have not been "nerfed" :smile:
    You use all heavy armour + impen. There is yor problem. You simply don't have the damage you need to beat that boss.
    Basicly you are running with a PVP setup, trying to do PVE and that wont work.
    As @Runs already said above...
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Teek wrote: »
    You have not been "nerfed" :smile:
    You use all heavy armour + impen. There is yor problem. You simply don't have the damage you need to beat that boss.
    Basicly you are running with a PVP setup, trying to do PVE and that wont work.
    As @Runs already said above...

Another option is that this quest may be "timed"...as in hurry up and do it? I logged out several times during the first part.

A lot I don't know about this game...and the new update will make that even more true. I'll need to redo armor and try again....

I do see that the game changes to some extent in the DLCs and in the upper level areas....despite the leveling that is claimed. Game needs to continue to be challenging the further you go though....

* Not sure what this means:

"A Lesson in Silence: Increased the range at which Sermonizer Fithia and her guard will aggro once the event has begun."

From what is expected during the Feb big update. DO NOT see any definition of what "aggro" means though.

Sounds like they intend to make them more aggressive?
    Edited by erliesc on January 5, 2017 10:37PM
    I know nutting....
  • Rogen_SS
    Rogen_SS
    Soul Shriven
    Leading this boss back into the tunnel you chased her through will remove the large boss heath bar and give her a standard amount of health keep her out of her temple and dodge her attacks and it fairly simple to beat her I did this at level 13 so you shouldn't have an issue

Hope this helps
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore the people who say that it's an easy fight, as it's definitively not an easy fight !
    I got my ass kicked a dozen of times with my low-level character before I finally killed that b***h ;)

Like Rogen said, try to drive her out of her altar and back into the tunnel, and the most important thing is really to avoid her attacks ... try to immobilize her with Frost, or knock her down with Lightning, while you take care of her 2 adds. Once those 2 adds are gone, concentrate on her but stay very mobile so she cannot hit you that much.
    Personnaly, what saved me was my Vampire skill line, I could stay far away from her and drain her Health while regenerating mine B)

This fight almost made me quit the game as it was so frustrating, but don't worry you'll get her in the end !
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Level shouldn't really matter much since you're scaled.

You probably need to work on your rotation, skills, gear etc. ...
    :smile:

^^^^^This. Someone experienced can handle this on a newish character, so long as they have 3-4 skills on bar. New players not used to the game may have problems. Maybe that's why this is getting nerf in the upcoming patch. (at least I think this is the nerf, cuz I couldn't image what else the patch notes referred to.) Get more combat experience, and you should be good. Level really won't make a difference, since that fight will scale to your level.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Deepblue962
    Deepblue962
    ✭✭
    I'm having a lot of problems because she doesn't have just two adds, I count 7, ya, 7. How are you supposed to be able to take out 7 adds, while dodging her attacks? One on either side of her, two out front, two off to the right, and at least one on the left. Even engaging just the two out front from a distance, aggro's all of them.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    I'm having a lot of problems because she doesn't have just two adds, I count 7, ya, 7. How are you supposed to be able to take out 7 adds, while dodging her attacks? One on either side of her, two out front, two off to the right, and at least one on the left. Even engaging just the two out front from a distance, aggro's all of them.

Actually there are 9 npc’s in total to take out, including the sermonizer! I have been trying to get through this quest since level 12. I am now level 31 and I still cannot beat this rediculous hornets nest of npc hell! I agree with some of the other posts that this is not fun anymore. If it wouldn’t reset every time you died, as in preserved the npc’s that you have already killed, it would still be arduous but at least doable. I have armor and swords that are suited to my level but it is just not possible. I tried to sneak up on her to use the blade of woe but the lantern that one of her stooges is holding casts a light that makes you visible to them instantly. I guess this is where the DB quests end.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    To comment on this.

You can't use the blade of woe on characters with unique health bars ("Bosses") or characters that do not represent the races of Tamriel. e.g. Daedra, Sload, Animals, Giants.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @erliesc, let's take this a step at a time. How about we change what we can eh?

I recall you said you can craft gear? Are you crafting regular gear or are you crafting set gear?

Are you using dropped gear as well? And are they part of a set?

What class are you and at which level?

What do you use for your 'build' and how do you do your rotation?

Have you used food or drinks while questing?

How's your stats distribution like?

Now I know this may seem like work more than play but even in sports, there's a certain... Rule set that you need to follow. It's like, playing your best scoring player as a goalie. You can do it like that but why?
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    Bummer on not being able to use The Blade of Woe willy nilly! I can see why though.

Hurray! Some kind of celebration is called for! At level 34 I finally whooped that sermonizer and her 8 little friends! The key was, similar to the post about the vamp using their drain health, getting a morf of one of my active flame abilities. That absorbed enough health that I could do damage while keeping my health as high as I could just by swiping them with this ability over and over till I finally succeed. It was still the most difficult fight I have had in the game so far.
    I started a nightblade character and went to the DB quests at level 5 or maybe 7 I don’t remember. There were only a few fighters with the sermonizer. Still haven’t beaten her but that is beacause there is something wrong with my quickslot button not working correctly. It is WAY easier at a lower level, is the point I am trying to make.
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    To comment on this.

You can't use the blade of woe on characters with unique health bars ("Bosses") or characters that do not represent the races of Tamriel. e.g. Daedra, Sload, Animals, Giants.

Bummer that you can’t use The Blade of Woe willy nilly! I can understand why however. Thank you for clearing that up for me.