The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thought I had a good magDK but get wrecked by other magDKs

WhoThenNow7
WhoThenNow7
✭✭✭
I'm in need of some advice.. I guess particularly around dueling or 1v1s. I'm running 5bsw 5seducer and 2 skoria. All purple, all impen, and 5 heavy 2 light. I know gold weapons is the way to go, but aside from that.. there aren't very many duels I lose on this character.. then I come across some other magDKs and got absolutely wrecked. I am 561 and they were 561 as well. I use two sharpened swords for front bar and destruction staff for back bar. One of the guys I dueled used that as well. Should I switch seducer for julianos? I'm just kind of at a loss. Maybe I just need to learn the build better? Any advice is appreciated.. i am also a vampire.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC them until they bleed
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you are vampire and they are not, that's 20% more damage you take than they do since most of the damage from mDK's is flame damage. It sucks being a vamp and going up against mDK's, but I know why you do it. It's the same reason I maintain vamp on my magplar. No mobility.

My experience with mDK's is that they load you up with DoT's, all the while holding block, slowly wearing down your resources. Then when they see you are maybe half health they will launch Meteor, and use Petrify just before it hits so you take full damage.

I have learned to use mist form instead of blocking in this scenario, but other than that I don't have much more help to give, since I have limited experience with playing an mDK. I usually just avoid them since they take too long to kill and are too frustrating with all the roots and slows on my Templar.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag dk vs mag dk is a tough fight. Try immovable pots are reactive armor when going up against one or it will be a battle of who CC with hardly any counter play because of fossilize and perma talons.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag dk vs mag dk is a tough fight. Try immovable pots are reactive armor when going up against one or it will be a battle of who CC with hardly any counter play because of fossilize and perma talons.

Pots *or reactive armor
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when I duel I prefer to use resto on back bar for healing ward
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think two swords are the way to go for a DK. Block has very strong synergy with the class
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think two swords are the way to go for a DK. Block has very strong synergy with the class

I prefer DW its a lot more active but S&B is easier
    my dmg is better with DW and with 5 rattlecage and 5 seducer I have 3700 spell damage
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

I prefer DW its a lot more active but S&B is easier
    my dmg is better with DW and with 5 rattlecage and 5 seducer I have 3700 spell damage

Yeah DW gets 5% damage and few hundred spell damage, but SnB has the best passives in the game for dueling.

Extra block mitigation, block cost reduction, and mitigation from ranged attacks. A Reinforced shield gives lots of resists and you get another large enchant. SnB all the way.

PS Reinforced over Impen shield.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. lynog85
      lynog85
      ✭✭✭
      Duel wield and destro is a awful dueling set up. Besides squishy players or players you catch off guard with your glass cannon of a build, you aren't going to fair well with that. Swap out BSW for trainee, duel wield and sword and board. So much more well rounded. So hard to beat if played properly.
    2. EldritchPenguin
      EldritchPenguin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mustard wrote: »
      Ohhhhh, so that's why I've been getting new replies in that thread...
      Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade