Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vvardenfell expansion or DLC?

Libonotus
Libonotus
✭✭✭✭✭
Was Orsiniium and expansion or DLC? Id say DLC
Vvardenfell will probably be a DLC released in Q2. We've had no real content such as Orsinium for over a year now. TG and DB were refreshing but not as meaty as they could have been
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know unless it's changed eso has no plans for full blown expansion, which imho is needed badly.

Matt Firor said, smaller dlc's more often, was the last official word I heard, but wish all the dlc's were on the scale of wrothgar(dlc), these little ones kind a suck.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on December 31, 2016 2:15PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for expansion, so it can be even bigger than Wrothgar.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know unless it's changed eso has no plans for full blown expansion, which imho is needed badly.

Matt Firor said, smaller dlc's more often, was the last official word I heard, but wish all the dlc's were on the scale of wrothgar(dlc), these little ones kind a suck.

The little ones stink

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going by land size it SHOULD be bigger than Wrothgar.

I predict 5000 crowns for Vvardenfell to buy.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with some of the above comments. This game badly needs a proper landmass more than it needs housing and others bells and whistles.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online 3: Morrowind. :p
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skywind...the modders are working on this...all hail the modders

but to get back on track...you are right tiny half-arsed DLC's such as TG and DB and Hist Dungeons just don't do it
    let's face it, even Imp City was small in terms of PvE play-ability and a huge disappointment in terms of PvP

looking at the size of the island of Vvardenfell they might even split this into 2 separate DLC's (comparable to Craglorn)

either way, if they don't start giving us real content and not One Tamriel, Housing and messing around with skills and sets and calling it a "balance DLC" then we will all be navel gazing for 2017
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skywind...the modders are working on this...all hail the modders

but to get back on track...you are right tiny half-arsed DLC's such as TG and DB and Hist Dungeons just don't do it
    let's face it, even Imp City was small in terms of PvE play-ability and a huge disappointment in terms of PvP

looking at the size of the island of Vvardenfell they might even split this into 2 separate DLC's (comparable to Craglorn)

either way, if they don't start giving us real content and not One Tamriel, Housing and messing around with skills and sets and calling it a "balance DLC" then we will all be navel gazing for 2017

I feel like if the latter happens there'll be a significant drop in players
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

"Take my money!"
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A full blown expansion is not coming anytime soon if at all. They have said before its not a format they want to adopt for this game.

However there is a point where horizontal progression begins to delude. A verticle tilt will eventually be needed. Cp power creep is also an issue.

Eventually cp gains will halt and gear lvl will increase. Thst would likely come with a major update beyond the scope of the dlc like wrothgar.
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    It will release as a DLC but if it is the whole landmass it will be the size of most other games expansions.

In the end Expansion or DLC title doesnt matter. Just more awesome content to be had.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will made someone very happy if u manage to release Vvardenfell in 2017. Even just as a Large zone but to be honest that isle alone should be twice as big as Wrothgar...
  • BossXV
    BossXV
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reallllly want an expansion...
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shut Up and Take my...
    The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-Tamriel-Unlimited-Crowns.png
    :p;):D
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I desperately want a new expansion. It just feels like it's time for that to be happening. I would happily pay for a new expansion separate from the ESO plus I already do every month.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make a full blown expansion. But based on Matt first it won't happen.

1). He already stated that they would focus their efforts on smaller more frequent content updates. I E dev speak for I'm gooona milk the hell out of this.

2). His game design philosophy and comments have all been directed at this game will be a Online RPG , he no longer talks of this game as an MMO.

The game has not seen any thing major since Orsinium. And that was primarily a complete single player focus. I don't know what to yell ya from all the evidence we have seen based on past updates and matt's own words. A full blown expac is not likely. Just easy to develop solo story based content , Dps meta centric , you know the drill. Game is in cash cow mode. Not enrich and expand mode.

• Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would a zone be 5000 crowns. ENTIRE expansions in games cost less sometimes. Its sad that people in ESO have become satisfied with paying these insane prices. As small as DBH and TG was...they should have been release for like $5 at the most. Can you imagine if you took DBH and used its size...then took that and charged its price for every area in an expansion that equaled the size of DBH in some other games. Other games would be charging 1000s of dollars for expansions.