Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does reactive armor work?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
Does it work only when your stunned and u have to wait the cc out, or does the cc break keep the damage reduction on u?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only while you are under the stun. It'll show a glow on you, that's when the effect is in place
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Only while you are under the stun. It'll show a glow on you, that's when the effect is in place

What's the point of that if u have to wait out a nightblades fear or a dks fossilize.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to kill healplars is to CC them. This set makes that less effective. Not complicated.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works while immobilized also. You should be breaking CCs like normal - it just helps to prevent burst during CC.

I do however strategically leave myself immobilized vs melee like magdks and rearming trap stam users. Also in a Xv1 where a sorc encases me (or similar) and I have a melee to attack I will stay immobilized. Can also walk into a sorc's mine while vigor is ticking (staying topped off) when curse is about 2s from hitting to reduce their burst further.
    Edited by Kutsuu on December 31, 2016 11:25PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    It works while immobilized also. You should be breaking CCs like normal - it just helps to prevent burst during CC.

I do however strategically leave myself immobilized vs melee like magdks and rearming trap stam users. Also in a Xv1 where a sorc encases me (or similar) and I have a melee to attack I will stay immobilized. Can also walk into a sorc's mine while vigor is ticking (staying topped off) when curse is about 2s from hitting to reduce their burst further.

Iv been running 5 viper 5 Reactive and 2 tremorscale. I'm running 3 cost reduction glyphs for stamina on my jewlery. It works pretty well however there was a nightblade that I couldn't quite burst down last night. He was running selenes and that bear hits hard. Do you think swapping to Black Rose with 3 weapon damage glyphs would be better ?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Iv been running 5 viper 5 Reactive and 2 tremorscale. I'm running 3 cost reduction glyphs for stamina on my jewlery. It works pretty well however there was a nightblade that I couldn't quite burst down last night. He was running selenes and that bear hits hard. Do you think swapping to Black Rose with 3 weapon damage glyphs would be better ?

I run a few diff builds. The most common one is DW/bow with 5x reactive, 5x viper, 2x velidreth. Sometimes I go 5x reactive, 3x agility, 2x VMA 1hers, 2x velidreth. Occasionally Skoria or Selene.

No matter what I run, as a stamsorc I run 3x weapon damage glyphs always. You have sustain with heavy attacks and dark deal. Cost reduction glyphs are a crutch for wasteful stam use IMO.

I've been experimenting with a setup that uses the VMA 1hers, but 3x leki instead of 3x agility, and I run a leki sword/shield on back bar. Combined with quick cloak it provides HUGE survivability against destro ults, which I am constantly getting bombed with in 1vX fights. I only lose ~60WD and ~600 stam when compared to agility jewelry. We're talking 2k/tick crits from destro ult while on SnB bar.

Also have a 2h/DW( or SnB) build that I'm pretty fond of right now that uses the same setup, 5x reactive, 3x leki jewelry, 2x Leki on back bar (dw or snb), and a maelstrom 2h on the front bar for dps.

Now that I've rambled on and not answered your question, I think you should consider Fury or a similar set before Black Rose. Black Rose more of a sustain set, and is mediocre damage wise.
    Edited by Kutsuu on January 1, 2017 1:13AM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put this together today. I'm using reactive builds in most of the clips. There are a couple with Black Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oInUf0PytIs
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

I run a few diff builds. The most common one is DW/bow with 5x reactive, 5x viper, 2x velidreth. Sometimes I go 5x reactive, 3x agility, 2x VMA 1hers, 2x velidreth. Occasionally Skoria or Selene.

No matter what I run, as a stamsorc I run 3x weapon damage glyphs always. You have sustain with heavy attacks and dark deal. Cost reduction glyphs are a crutch for wasteful stam use IMO.

I've been experimenting with a setup that uses the VMA 1hers, but 3x leki instead of 3x agility, and I run a leki sword/shield on back bar. Combined with quick cloak it provides HUGE survivability against destro ults, which I am constantly getting bombed with in 1vX fights. I only lose ~60WD and ~600 stam when compared to agility jewelry. We're talking 2k/tick crits from destro ult while on SnB bar.

Also have a 2h/DW( or SnB) build that I'm pretty fond of right now that uses the same setup, 5x reactive, 3x leki jewelry, 2x Leki on back bar (dw or snb), and a maelstrom 2h on the front bar for dps.

Now that I've rambled on and not answered your question, I think you should consider Fury or a similar set before Black Rose. Black Rose more of a sustain set, and is mediocre damage wise.

Nice video......so you don't like sword and board much as a Stam sorc? I was under the presumption that sword and board was better than the rest especially for dueling since u can block. However what do you think about the Fire Set? That would be three proc sets. I can swap to 2h and now right now if I wanted to but I haven't played that style in a while.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice video......so you don't like sword and board much as a Stam sorc? I was under the presumption that sword and board was better than the rest especially for dueling since u can block. However what do you think about the Fire Set? That would be three proc sets. I can swap to 2h and now right now if I wanted to but I haven't played that style in a while.

Like I said I would use SnB as a back bar, such as with the Leki setup. I'm not a big fan of it for main DPS bar, but it's undeniably effective. Way of fire set isn't too interesting to me. Damage will be pretty low, especially with melee CPs.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Like I said I would use SnB as a back bar, such as with the Leki setup. I'm not a big fan of it for main DPS bar, but it's undeniably effective. Way of fire set isn't too interesting to me. Damage will be pretty low, especially with melee CPs.

Every dual wield sorc i have played against I have killed. Two handed requires dizzy swing which is easy to dodge. Does flurry do good damage , rally is so handy. I don't know if fury would proc enough in the allotted time. Ravager sounds good but i don't have it.
  • Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    Knights errant if snb and fury is the w2g for 2h/dw. Ravaging is hard to get rng.
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.