The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Let me quest in peace.

VDoom1
VDoom1
✭✭✭✭✭
Well Cyrodiil is PvP of course, so is Imperial City Im not against that. Im often in Cyrodiil partaking in some battles. However these so called "gankers" and people who kill you when your questing in IC. Their so annoying really. Maybe Zenimax has a reason for not implementing this. But cant there be some option like "Im questing" and then you cant be harmed by other players? After all there is PVE content in Cyrodiil. I realize the problem with this, it would be exploited and suddenly people could use it as a cheat for battles. All of a sudden your fighting someone and they toggle "Im questing" and cant be harmed. So for safety's sake the game could automatically detect if you had a PVE quest in Cyrodiil or not. That way it couldn't be exploited. Or some sort of safety precaution like that.

I know what some might reply to this. "Its a PvP zone, deal with it." Yeah I agree, I dont want a change to the nature of the Imperial City. I just hate feeling like Im going on a suicide mission every time I step outside the safe area to get more XP.

Eh this is just a thought really. Just bugs me that I cant farm XP in IC sewers without someone with 500 CP going all "3:) muhahah" and killing me. Im CP 200. No Im not new to ESO, had it almost since launch. Just haven't played all the time since then.

But while on this topic curios, anyone else having trouble in IC sewers or am I just having bad luck? And also a thought, it is of course entirely possible Im just in the wrong place. So anyone know any good spots to farm XP and CP? I did have a look around on the forums for good places to farm CP, and IC sewers was a common answer. So thats why Ive even tried there in the first place.
We Fight For Cyrodiil.
We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
We fight for Tamriel!
CP 1200+
Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
Imperial Dragonknight
Khajiit Necromancer
Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
Guild - Priests Of Hircine
ESO Since 2014
PC - EU
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the I'm questing option for you guys. Maybe so it wouldnt be abused it could only be toggled on or off outside of cyrodiil.

I like pvp but I do try and make sure I dont kill anyone who just needs stones or who are doing quests.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Become a better alchemist: Invisible/Speed pots, Detection pots. Where is the incentive to improve with options to remove combat from PVP zones? Someone with 200 CP can kill a 561 if they have better skills.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should just deal it with, maybe do your quests when your faction is holding most of the districts so you have an easy respawn, but all this "protection" thing? Come on, we have 15 HUGE pve maps where you are safe from ganks.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe have a 15 minute cooldown timer on it
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they are "PvE" quests but they are intended to be done with the risk of PvP, not to be just completed. It's the entire point of them being there.
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Haderus Campaign on PC is usually quiet with few people in there.

Its been my experience that questers won't fight other questers in Cyrodiil, most of the time.

IC is just a dangerous place for farming anything. Safest place I find is most public dungeons or solo normal group dungeons.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, thanks for input everyone. I suppose grinding XP and CP is just in general a bad idea in a PvP area, unless you can handle yourself. Though from my time in IC sewers when it actually went well, I wouldn't say it is a great grinding area. If anyone has ever said grinding beats quests, no definitely not.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade