The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Elk Mount - A possible solution to all the worries!

emil.7larsensb16_ESO
Uh-oh.

It's another one of those long rants about the new Elk Mount, that is the thought I would have if I was a moderator / admin here.

Fear no more, Zenimax Admins! I have found a solution!

I made rather long replies in previous posts. To be more specific, these two: 1 & 2 and I really don't feel like doing copy pasting it again, instead, I will more or less argue for this case.

First of all, it is with a firm certainty that I can say this. The price is not going to drop. This is a clear case. It might be the most expensive mount that has ever been created, and hopefully the last. You have to think about it like this; it is a highly requested mount, and the fact that it came here, during Christmas? Any employee would like a bigger christmas bonus this year. Aye?
And although I see quite a lot of posts about dropping the price, what about those poor *** ( me) who actually did spend that many crowns on it? People are going to complain even more and demand a refund. Which, by the way, is going to be beyond the sane level of complicity.

And now the ESO Studio is thinking, at this very moment, they probably held a meeting or two. "How are we going to fix this issue?"

Fear no more, the answer is here.

First of all, I think what frustrates many people is the fact that it doesn't look like an Elk. At all. This is what really annoyed me. And for those of you who don't really get what I mean because you don't own the mount.. Look here.

5fQTtUd.jpg

And then we got the errors.

MX0klwa.jpg

I also made YouTube videos about how they walk, run and sprint.

Elk Mount compared to other Elks - Walking (Not so bad actually, sorta spot-on.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0DTVUHynTgs&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

((MORE VIDEOS TO COME - CURRENTLY UPLAODING))

Thus I suggest, the first thing that you should do before the 4th of January.
Make it look like an Elk.

The second thing I would do is add those weird things (the upgrades) that people keep requesting.

The third and probably most essential thing. Make some sort of animation. That makes every person wet apparently.

____

I know this is not the out come ESO had hoped for. They just wanted some christmas vacation, (DAMN THOSE NERDS AND THEIR ELKS!) but in order to more or less satisfy people and to get the Crown Store back on track, which by the way it apparently is turning away from(?) you would score many, many points within the community. Yes, it is going to require extra work (DAMMIT!) but the satisfaction and the credibility you would gain on doing this would be unlike any other game. Your reputation would become even better and people would praise ESO and the developers, for actually listenting to the community. (Which by the way, you're already doing.)

And despite the rage of the nerds, I am certain that this will indeed pass, but as a bandage to the wound, these minor details would improve everyones christmas spirit.
I also know that 90% of all the players here wish everyone a merry, merry Christmas and a Happy New Years eve! :sunglasses:

Sincerely,
Shusumi
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And now the ESO Studio is thinking, at this very moment, they probably held a meeting or two. "How are we going to fix this issue?"
    Here's my problem with this. ZOS are under no pressure, not even the slightest bit, to fix or improve anything. None. Zero. And why's that? Because it's a limited offer mount. ZOS will be out office most likely 'til the new year except for their maintenance tech staff, and by the time they come back, the sale of the Elk will be ending. And then this limited time mount falls back into the realm of the Crown Store Vault.

They've not fixed, even in the slightest, the Breton Hero costume (which, to this day, still looks absolutely awful in motion). There's no incentive to because there's no "if we fix it more people will buy it" mentality. There's not that small group of outliers that will run to purchase something once it get fixed... because they can't. It's not available for purchase anymore, thus no incentive to improve it.

I'm genuinely surprised ZOS has mentioned fixing some of the broken personalities they've put on the store (though they're still available for purchase and are much more of a "visible" bug in game).

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, and I have respect great for ZOS. I've sunk more into the game than most, Crowns and Crates alike. But I'm am also starting to get really frustrated at the lack of care that's being put into the Crown Store's final products, and I think it's because I know there's no reason for them to fix or improve things.

The mount is 4,500 crowns. It's not changing. This mount won't be changing, just like the mooing Doom Wolf wasn't changed.

Edited by Preyfar on December 23, 2016 1:16AM
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need a stupid effect. They are not of magical origin, the description in the showcase said they are normal elks that are trained. Who would read that and think they would materialize from oblivion.
  • emil.7larsensb16_ESO
    Preyfar: You gotta have faith! :smile:

JimT722: Doesn't have to be that sort of effect. Effect's can be various things ;)
  • emil.7larsensb16_ESO
    Videos Fully uploaded.

Here we got an Elk Walking next to the Mount. (Not that big a difference.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTVUHynTgs

A clear difference in Elk running.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VNOVgea6o

The similarity of the Horse mount and the Elk.

Walking
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhQ8aErK-Pc

Running
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Oxwdax4fg

Sprinting
    https://youtu.be/OXeRLEHmS8E
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Videos Fully uploaded.

Here we got an Elk Walking next to the Mount. (Not that big a difference.)

So, in a nutshell, the original design of the elk mount came from the horse, which explains a lot of the oddities in the physical features and why the running animations are nearly identical?

I certainly don't see why it's so unique that it warrants a price tag greater than the dro'mathra senche!
    Edited by Pandorii on December 23, 2016 2:36AM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting comparison videos so I don't have to stalk random people in game to see this! I wish there were official videos and better communication from ZOS so everyone could make an informed decision before choosing whether or not to buy.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP - I think you've lost your flipping mind.

Errors? You cry errors because two animals possibly not even of the exact same species don't look absolutely identical?

Do you belong to some kind of weird clone cult?
    JimT722 wrote: »
    They don't need a stupid effect. They are not of magical origin, the description in the showcase said they are normal elks that are trained. Who would read that and think they would materialize from oblivion.

Absolutely.

Look I want the elk. Have for a long time. Not a fan of any of the fantastical mounts though. The Elder Scrolls visual style I know and love from the single-player games is more grounded. I'm perfectly happy for others to ride around on whatever they want but you wouldn't catch my butt on any of those sparkly mounts.

The price is outrageous and yes ok maybe they should do something about being able to control visuals of the bags like other mounts. But otherwise I think it looks great. I previewed it with one of my bosmer and was thoroughly happy with how it looked.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    00e32da836ea3ecaf43a157ded6d2403.jpg

So you expect ZOS to fix animation and visual errors that shipped with an overpriced and almost unanimously disappointing Crown Store item? Hmmm, this seems familiar....
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is going to require extra work (DAMMIT!) but the satisfaction and the credibility you would gain on doing this would be unlike any other game. Your reputation would become even better and people would praise ESO and the developers, for actually listenting to the community. (Which by the way, you're already doing.)

L.o.L.
    Half of the people would complain that ZOS is wasting resources on cosmetics instead of fixing <insert bug of choice here>.
    The other half of the people would applause for 10 minutes and then start ranting about something else.

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea, but the better idea was that they drop the price to the 2,500 it should have been, refund 2000 crowns to everyone who bought it and release a humble statement 'the last thing we at zenimax meant to do is upset the players at Christmas, so on this one occasion we have made the unprecedented step to listen to players.'

Even though they will definitely make more money from doing this as well as demonstrating they do listen, they will not do this any more than they will listen to the OP.

It's nice that players want to help and support ZOS, but it is very clear that they feel they can take our loyalty for granted.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Auraia
    Auraia
    Soul Shriven
    That's exactly how I saw they could fix this debacle. Reduce the price and refund the ones who paid for the elk at the stupid crazy price. There's no other solution...
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auraia wrote: »
    That's exactly how I saw they could fix this debacle. Reduce the price and refund the ones who paid for the elk at the stupid crazy price. There's no other solution...

Is there a need for a solution ?
    In order for a solution to be needed, there needs to be a problem in the first place.
    As it looks, some of us players have a problem, ZOS doesn't...

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Nice idea, but the better idea was that they drop the price to the 2,500 it should have been, refund 2000 crowns to everyone who bought it and release a humble statement 'the last thing we at zenimax meant to do is upset the players at Christmas, so on this one occasion we have made the unprecedented step to listen to players.'

Even though they will definitely make more money from doing this as well as demonstrating they do listen, they will not do this any more than they will listen to the OP.

It's nice that players want to help and support ZOS, but it is very clear that they feel they can take our loyalty for granted.

you forgot the to bold that! In the spirit of Christmas let me help!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is also the possibility of a crown store sale, which would effectively reduce the price for many to $19. This is reportedly occurring for the EU but not NA server.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

There is also the possibility of a crown store sale, which would effectively reduce the price for many to $19. This is reportedly occurring for the EU but not NA server.

as far as i know there's only a sale running now for PS4, which is really wrong for the other players. i know that there was a sale on black friday, but i didn't have enough money to buy a crown pack at the time. i'm starting to lose the hope to see a sale before the end of the new life festival.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    00e32da836ea3ecaf43a157ded6d2403.jpg

So you expect ZOS to fix animation and visual errors that shipped with an overpriced and almost unanimously disappointing Crown Store item? Hmmm, this seems familiar....

I hate to burst your bubble, but the Breton cloak isn't a mistake. There will never be cloaks in the game due to fps and performance issues.