The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Miat's addon

pcar944
pcar944
✭✭✭✭
while this is not a bug, this is a terrible addon

I was in a Twitch stream yesterday and saw just how much information people can see - they can literally have names of every member of enemy faction scrolling on their screen, not just numbers

this should not be allowed AT ALL
One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it really that good addon? i suppose i have to download it then...
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »

I was in a Twitch stream yesterday and saw just how much information people can see - they can literally have names of every member of enemy faction scrolling on their screen, not just numbers

Don't blame the addon, put the blame where it belongs. Addons can only do what the game allows. Those names were available before the addon was created, or you couldn't see them. You have no way of knowing if someone created a private addon that reveals the same information.
    Edited by Ourorboros on December 30, 2016 7:21PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    pcar944 wrote: »

Don't blame the addon, put the blame where it belongs. Addons can only do what the game allows. Those names were available before the addon was created, or you couldn't see them. You have no way of knowing if someone created a private addon that reveals the same information.

regardless, cat is out of the bag now, and this should be addressed

this is not something that should go unnoticed

just imagine what kinds of other things are out there that people are using
    Edited by pcar944 on December 30, 2016 7:51PM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either you are new, or just way behind everyone else, cause there has already been a *** ton of posts about this. As it stands, they aren't doing anything about it. So just deal with it like the rest of us.
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    Addon developers use the API that ZOS released everything that is possible is allowed

Is it fair maybe not be yeah its allowed
    Edited by Sovjet on December 31, 2016 11:05AM
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lead to a lot of zerging lately . People don't think they can sneak and take a keep as easy so they follow the faction in one direction . People still get ganked inside the Zerg . Oh well . Enjoy the lag with that addon lol
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's lead to a lot of zerging lately . People don't think they can sneak and take a keep as easy so they follow the faction in one direction . People still get ganked inside the Zerg . Oh well . Enjoy the lag with that addon lol

this, exactly the reason why I made the post

its causing major issues and number stacking is even bigger problem now because pugs are too afraid of getting ran over
    One Tamriel killed PVP