The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif chapters (binding them into a book)

Prof_Bawbag
Prof_Bawbag
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I'm assuming you can't, but thought I'd ask anyway. When you're in possession of all chapters from a specific style is it possible to bind them into a book so they take up less room?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, can't be done I'm afraid to say.

This is definitely a feature they should implement.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @JD2013
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

But then 14 inventory spaces could be reduced to 1. How can they later sell us extra space if we are given ways to properly manage inventory now?

Next thing you know you guys will be asking for them to get rid of the unnecessary style mat fragments that need to be refined, and instead make mobs/nodes drop them in full but at 1/10th the drop rate to compensate.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »

But then 14 inventory spaces could be reduced to 1. How can they later sell us extra space if we are given ways to properly manage inventory now?

Next thing you know you guys will be asking for them to get rid of the unnecessary style mat fragments that need to be refined, and instead make mobs/nodes drop them in full but at 1/10th the drop rate to compensate.

234.jpg
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming you can't, but thought I'd ask anyway. When you're in possession of all chapters from a specific style is it possible to bind them into a book so they take up less room?

Perfect examples of how zos does or doesn't make game changes to drive crown store sales. As players we really should be a lot more irritated and vocal about such blatant conflict of interest. Of course, zos could make changes to stacking to ease inventory, but they sell inventory space. Mount training didn't need to take 6 months, but zos sells riding lessons. zos=a lesson in greed.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motif Books are supposed to be rare to come across. If players could just combine the separate chapters into a book their first thought wouldn't be "cool now I have more inventory space", it'd be "now to list this thing for 4 million..."
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Motif Books are supposed to be rare to come across. If players could just combine the separate chapters into a book their first thought wouldn't be "cool now I have more inventory space", it'd be "now to list this thing for 4 million..."

Well.... yeah good point

Don't do it ZoS
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Some motif styles are so easy to obtain though, especially the festive motifs we've had on both occasions. That said, I do see your point. Talking of which, it's hilarious when you see people listing the hollowjack motif book for millions, yet each page can be bought for a pittance.
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Perfect examples of how zos does or doesn't make game changes to drive crown store sales. As players we really should be a lot more irritated and vocal about such blatant conflict of interest. Of course, zos could make changes to stacking to ease inventory, but they sell inventory space. Mount training didn't need to take 6 months, but zos sells riding lessons. zos=a lesson in greed.

Literally lol'd at "conflict of interest". I'm starting to think 99% of forums are actually clueless. You do realize zos is a company right? Alas I think most people who have the game realize that it's a business and therefore understand and accept that everything zos does is going t, and should, benefit themselves first.
  • DiteHart
    DiteHart
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why allowing us to bind them into books would be such a huge deal for them. You'd need every chapter to bind the book, so it would really only save space for abundant ones, like the event ones. Otherwise, it tends to be hard to get the full chapters of all motifs.
    The prices of the full book would probably go down a bit, so collector's hobbies would be a bit less expensive. But, I'm guessing that individual chapter prices would rise while people buy the missing pieces to fill out their sets.
    Allowing you to do it under "Options" would be nice, but I also wouldn't mind if it were tied to crafting (like you need level 10 in a craft to be able to bind books), or if you had to buy an item to use (similar to Merethic Restorative Resin, but hopefully cheaper).
    Edited by DiteHart on January 3, 2017 5:45AM
    X1/NA (GT: Dite Hart)
    Dite Dielle - Breton Templar
    - Full 9-trait crafter
    - Knows 41 motif styles
    - Covenant, Dominion, and Starter-Island Master Angler
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Mount training didn't need to take 6 months, but zos sells riding lessons. zos=a lesson in greed.

Probably worth pointing out, on this specific conspiracy theory... no. The riding system was changed to be more generous to the player when Unlimited released. Before that you needed to feed individual horses. You were also limited to feeding a mount 49 times, then it could never eat again. Accidentally stick a point in the wrong place? Too bad. You now need to buy another horse to correct your error.

It was like that for the full 10 months that the game was subscription only. When the game went to buy to play, and the crown store was added, they changed the system so your mount upgrades applied to your character, instead of that specific horse. Saving us from ZOS selling horses that have better base stats in the crown store (the expensive horses in the stables originally all had +10 to one of their stats). It saves us from having to buy training lessons every time we want to buy a new mount from the shop. Also, all horses were per character, so if you didn't have the Imperial Edition or Palamino, you had to cough up the gold to buy a horse for every character, and the cheap one started at 17k. It's a hell of a lot more consumer friendly now than before the crown store was introduced.

But, hey, ZOS can't sell me bank spaces, I already maxed that out.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, you got your wish after all, sorta. Motifs will stack.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it. Long overdue.