The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MAGIKA SORC PVP builds

jroc699_burr
jroc699_burr
✭✭
Does anyone Run BSW on there Magika Sorc i wanan goto PVP but not sure whats good i have all skills and passives maxed breton is my race as well
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BSW is king for PvP and PvE
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    what would you run with it ? and how would you set up your skillls around flame abilities
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even on a mag sorc?
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    my thoughts too iw as gonna save that for my mag dk but apparently flame staff procs it as well
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd have to go destro flame staff or something like grothdarr to proc it, even ilambris should. Apparently sets can proc BSW.

You more or less have to build around BSW and it does require damaging an opponent plus the proc. I am going to guess the set would be much better in group play where multiple opponents probably would be damaged by such AoEs. I doubt it's BiS when facing a single opponent or a duo.
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 29, 2016 11:06PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The set is great for sorcs too.

The grind for a BSW inferno sharpened staff is not great.

(With a sharpened destro you can fit 5 BSW, 5 Lich, and 2X Infernal Guardian or Grothdar, as both should be able to proc BSW).
    Edited by Minalan on December 29, 2016 11:31PM
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    How would you do 5 lich 5 bsw b 2 pc monster
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jroc699_burr

Get whatever traits you want, but I would do this:

These are your medium and heavy pieces:
    Infernal guardian shoulders - impen - heavy
    Infernal guardian hat - infused - medium

All looted magicka sets are light, so the monster sets have to be medium and heavy for the 5/1/1 undaunted bonus
    BSW chest - infused - light
    BSW inferno staff - sharpened
    BSW legs - infused - light
    BSW gloves - impen- light
    Lich belt - impen - light
    BSW boots - impen - light
    Lich jewelry (X3)
    Lich resto staff - defending

So you have Lich on the back bar, every time you bar swap - if your magicka is lower than 33% you'll get a proc once a minute to get 1000 magicka regen. That's affected by CP and racial bonuses, so it's worth about 2000 for high elves with 80 points in arcanist and 2-3 mage guild abilities slotted. Drink a major intellect potion and it goes even higher. You should have 3K or more regen total when this happens.

You have four impen pieces, add 500 impen from CP for 1500-1600 and you will *usually* get back up after getting knocked down and you can survive most ganks.

I picked infernal Guardian set because it will proc BSW when you refresh shields (which is constantly). It shoots three fireballs at a far off player target that do 3K each. They will no longer crit after update 13. You want to keep that uptime on BSW as much as possible. If you don't like IG, I'd try slimecraw for the 8% damage bonus, or mismatched max magicka sets for 2K max magicka and bigger shields.

There. Now good luck farming all of that, it's a 100% drop build and probably BIS for sorc. When you get your eighth charged or training inferno staff, just think about how much fun you're not having. Then cancel your sub and play another game. Please.
    Edited by Minalan on December 30, 2016 5:13PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even on a mag sorc?

@psychotic13 hell yeah, it procs off every other force pulse (or light attack if you're using a fire staff).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    @jroc699_burr

All looted magicka sets are light, so the monster sets have to be medium and heavy for the 5/1/1 undaunted bonus
    Lich jewelry (X3)

So you have Lich on the back bar, every time you bar swap - if your magicka is lower than 33% you'll get a proc once a minute to get 1000 magicka regen. That's affected by CP and racial bonuses, so it's worth about 2000 for high elves with 80 points in arcanist and 2-3 mage guild abilities slotted. Drink a major intellect potion and it goes even higher. You should have 3K or more regen total when this happens.

You have four impen pieces, add 500 impen from CP for 1500-1600 and you will *usually* get back up after getting knocked down and you can survive most ganks.

I picked infernal Guardian set because it will proc BSW when you refresh shields (which is constantly). It shoots three fireballs at a far off player target that do 3K each. They will no longer crit after update 13. You want to keep that uptime on BSW as much as possible. If you don't like IG, I'd try slimecraw for the 8% damage bonus, or mismatched max magicka sets for 2K max magicka and bigger shields.

There. Now good luck farming all of that, it's a 100% drop build and probably BIS for sorc. When you get your eighth charged or training inferno staff, just think about how much fun you're not having. Then cancel your sub and play another game. Please.

Pretty much nailed it Mina, except I'd suggest using Grothdarr over Infernal Guardian. Unless they make some serious changes to this set, in open world PvP it rarely hits the target you want to be hitting. IMO it should proc on the first person who touches your shields rather than when you're applying them. Grothdarr on the other hand is some very good AoE damage, which can be put to good use in the important Negate > Streak > Encase combo to help with the AoE damage and its also very effective at keeping stamina builds under pressure by countering their Vigor healing while they are next to you (which the always are). So yeah, on my destro sorc I run the exact same stuff as you mentioned, with divines on small pieces and infused on large. Mage or Shadow mundus, still can't decide.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    Thank you :)
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    What skill rotation do you use
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jroc699_burr

Lich jewelry (X3)

Pretty much nailed it Mina, except I'd suggest using Grothdarr over Infernal Guardian. Unless they make some serious changes to this set, in open world PvP it rarely hits the target you want to be hitting. IMO it should proc on the first person who touches your shields rather than when you're applying them. Grothdarr on the other hand is some very good AoE damage, which can be put to good use in the important Negate > Streak > Encase combo to help with the AoE damage and its also very effective at keeping stamina builds under pressure by countering their Vigor healing while they are next to you (which the always are). So yeah, on my destro sorc I run the exact same stuff as you mentioned, with divines on small pieces and infused on large. Mage or Shadow mundus, still can't decide.

Infernal keeps the pressure on the enemy when you're shielding every three seconds, there's huge value in that. They have to move and react or take 10K damage.

It's ranged, And it has a 50% proc rate. It's not as useful in large Zerg PVP, but really. You shouldn't be doing that anyways.

I'd go with mage mundus for bigger shields. They're going to be pretty bad with this setup without it (11K or so?). That's like one hit.

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In PvP its not so much about a rotation, its more about what the situation calls for.

Basic burst combos are all about precasting Curse, Fury and timing the Frag with them. For tankier targrts, drop your ultimate on them while keeping the same basic combo. Thats about it.
    @jroc699_burr

Lich jewelry (X3)

Infernal keeps the pressure on the enemy when you're shielding every three seconds, there's huge value in that. They have to move and react or take 10K damage.

It's ranged, And it has a 50% proc rate. It's not as useful in large Zerg PVP, but really. You shouldn't be doing that anyways.

I'd go with mage mundus for bigger shields. They're going to be pretty bad with this setup without it (11K or so?). That's like one hit.

Its good in duels for sure. I don't like spamming shields when I don't need to so if I need to put pressure on, I'd rather set up my burst again cause Surge will heal me to full anyways. But Infernal is just a bugged mess that can be exploited really easily. I've been on the receiving end of it too often lol.

Not talking about zerging, talking about actually playing the campaign. I use a lightning staff so I need Grothdarr for the proc on melee targets when I'm getting gangbanged lol

Yeah probably mage with this set up. I really like shadow though ^^
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In PvP its not so much about a rotation, its more about what the situation calls for.

Basic burst combos are all about precasting Curse, Fury and timing the Frag with them. For tankier targrts, drop your ultimate on them while keeping the same basic combo. Thats about it.
    @jroc699_burr

Lich jewelry (X3)

Its good in duels for sure. I don't like spamming shields when I don't need to so if I need to put pressure on, I'd rather set up my burst again cause Surge will heal me to full anyways. But Infernal is just a bugged mess that can be exploited really easily. I've been on the receiving end of it too often lol.

Not talking about zerging, talking about actually playing the campaign. I use a lightning staff so I need Grothdarr for the proc on melee targets when I'm getting gangbanged lol

Yeah probably mage with this set up. I really like shadow though ^^

You don't like Infernal because you're a ganker. That's okay, we're still cool. :lol::lol:

Rotation? I'd whatever you can to proc BSW.

1. DOT strategy. Open up with curse, heavy attack, and flame reach. Keep jumping around and using flame heavies and curse, use reach every few seconds. You want to stick burning DOTS on the guy until BSW goes off. It will.

2. Either that, or use curse, then force pulse woven with light fire attack. This is for people better with lightning fast animation cancelling. I prefer the DOT method.

Only frag when you proc it. Go insane when you see BSW proc, including ULTS. Between BSW and a spell damage enchant, you have a small window of something like 1200 spell damage. That's when you destro ult. And that's the big secret of this set.

Have fun and kill lots of stage four vampires. That's if you get the gear. Which you probably won't.

• jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    The gear isnt hard its the skills and learning magika based again