The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika sourcerer theory crafting

aLi3nZ
aLi3nZ
✭✭✭✭
I got a lot of gold and I am trailing new sets. Any magika players out there have some suggestions on preferred sets to use? Honestly I am not at all impressed with spriggings for the additional penetration bonus. Can't believe how much those swords and staffs are selling for. All I noticed is that my dps dropped with it in Pvp.

Been testing these so far.
I use Astro boon for magika recover and devines + 3x inpenantrable armour prices.

Build 1:
5x Julianos
5x spriggins
1x molag kena

Build 2: (interesting cheap to buy tanky build)
4x thunderbug
1x molag kena
1x chokethorn
5x julianos

Build 3: one of my fav builds but missing malstrom staff

5x julianos
3x willpower
1x chokethorn
1x molag kena
1x wasted set peice until I get maelstrom staff

Build 4: (overwhelming x5 bonus seems not worth it)
5x julianos
4x overwhelming
1x molag kena
1x chokethorn

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a new build for PVP. I will use this for now:

Apprentice Boon in use on this one for more Spell Power.

5x Clever Alchemist
    1x Molag Kena
    3x Willpower
    3x Transmutation

This is screen cap when self buffed with above set outside of Cyrodil.

tl8w3xu.jpg

I changed 1 piece transmutation out for a second molag kena peice here. Would be great for Energy Overload. Almost 5k spell power

5x Clever Alchemist
    2x Molag Kena
    3x Willpower
    2x Transmutation

im
    Edited by aLi3nZ on December 29, 2016 9:12AM
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willpower jewelry is a must. Kagrenacs hope is your friend in pvp, julianos for pve. Personally i farmed for the Amberplasm set. I tend to have my 5 piece set avoid weapon, shoulders and head so they can be open for undaunted monster pieces in medium and heavy for undaunted mettle. You can use a monster set, or use 2 different monster pieces for an extra stat bonus, of course a maelstrom weapon would fit in nicely with that. Use infused on legs chest and head!
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    Willpower jewelry is a must. Kagrenacs hope is your friend in pvp, julianos for pve. Personally i farmed for the Amberplasm set. I tend to have my 5 piece set avoid weapon, shoulders and head so they can be open for undaunted monster pieces in medium and heavy for undaunted mettle. You can use a monster set, or use 2 different monster pieces for an extra stat bonus, of course a maelstrom weapon would fit in nicely with that. Use infused on legs chest and head!

Willpower isn't a must, I don't run it and have 50k+ magicka though it is a good set none the less. Kagrenacs is trash these days, it used to be good but since 1T there are better options.

I agree with using infused on big pieces to.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope you meant Spinner, and not Spriggan. Spriggan adds physical penetration... and won't help a Magicka build.

The Spinner 5-piece bonus is a ~8% dmg increase as long as you aren't overpenetrating or attacking shields.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Dbl post
    Edited by darthsithis on December 29, 2016 7:42PM
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Nm
    Edited by darthsithis on December 29, 2016 7:41PM
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    I really hope you meant Spinner, and not Spriggan. Spriggan adds physical penetration... and won't help a Magicka build.

The Spinner 5-piece bonus is a ~8% dmg increase as long as you aren't overpenetrating or attacking shields.
    yes sorry. I do mean spinner. I haven't really found it very good.

I did notice all my builds have quite low magika and I try up the resistance.

I am trialing necropotence now and I must say I really like it. Only downside is when the pet goes down. The extra magika is great for both offense and defense.

I am going to try run this for a bit if I can fit it all.

5x necropotence
    5x clever alchemist (dual wield swords on back bar)
    1x infused masters lightning staff
    1x chokethorn

Edited by aLi3nZ on December 31, 2016 2:28AM