The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New player DLC

Resurrected
Resurrected
Soul Shriven
Hello, I recently purchased ESO: Tamriel unlimited (15eur). And I'm enjoying the game so far and thought I should get the DLC, but to my surprise there is no sort of upgrade to the let's say gold edition (30eur) witch includes all 4 DLC, never the less there is a DLC bundle in crown store witch costs 5.5 k crowns that is 34 EUR . so basically If I want the game and 4 DLC I need to spend 49 EUR. But I could buy the gold edition and that's 30 EUR with all DLC so I'm at a loss here. If I want all DLC it would be cheaper for me to buy a new game (gold). Anyhow I could get the membership for say 4moths and get the DLC but once again getting gold is cheaper.

Anyhow any tips for me how to get the DLC ? What I'm looking for is the cheapest way to get all 4 DLC, (jobless so).
Maybe there are sales when you can get the 5.5k crown pack for say the same price as gold edition or smt.
Or should I wait for 2017 patch and hope something shows up?
If I say buy the gold version is there a possibility to transfer my character from that account to this one (Don't wanna buy gold if I'll have to level up again)?
How did you as players handled it ?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally for me I'm an ESO Plus member, so get them all for free with membership. I don't have to worry about anything, get the amazing crafting bag inventory expansion, and get a nice bundle of Crowns with the members to use at my leisure.

I worry though with your use of the word 'should'. The only things you 'should' do in the game are things you enjoy. There is a lot of base game to be played, a lot. If you're having fun doing that I'd try not to feel pressured into rushing off to all the DLC too. Sure they are all enjoyable, but anymore enjoyable than the base game? Probably not significantly.

I guess if you're still keen I'd suggest buying membership for three months. Then you can try out all the DLC, and if you like them after that time you will have some Crowns from your membership you can use towards purchasing the 4-pack.

Finally, there is no option to transfer a character from one account to another I believe.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Resurrected
    Resurrected
    Soul Shriven
    Since it's a pay once to play I want to have all the content at my disposal whenever I can. With a membership I usually feel sort of forced to play in order to get the money/game ratio up :D anyhow 3 times membership is only 4.5k crowns all 4 dlc pack is 5.5k hence I would need 4 months of membership and that's something around 52 EUR aprox( say if 1 mont costed 13).

So back to my question how to get the 4 DLC cheaply since paying 52 EUR extra seems too pricey when you already have the base game. Not to mention when there is this gold edition for 30 EUR and already as the 4 DLC.

I just want to have a full gave these DLC seem like expansions in my eyes and I feel I'll be missing out a bit or already am (I already see thieves guild chests around the world, dialog options, 2x dungeons).

I gues my est bet is to wait for a crown sale? Was there ever such one say 5.5k crowns for smt below 30EUR ?