The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Winter 2016. What NPC do I click on, and what item do I click on for a Bow with Alliance points (DC)

wasup23
wasup23
I haven't found any help on google, anywhere in the game, or on the forums for anything later than when apparently the good Alliance point vendors were taken away. Aside from all of the drama that goes along with it I just need a simple answer to this question. What is the "random box" (Such as the "Unidentified offensive light armor") called that gives you a bow, and who has it. Also, bonus points if you can answer what the "random box" is called that gives 2h swords or mauls.

Thank you very much in advance, I do not know why this information isn't posted somewhere. I have already wasted 200k alliance points trying to find out which one has a bow.

I am Daggerfall Covenant. However, I think the information would be helpful to other alliances, as well if there is an actual answer.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be wrong, but my understanding is that you're not looking for a weapon type like a bow or a maul. You open a box that contains certain sets. Of those sets in the box, you could get a sash, robe, ring, shield, dagger, sword, etc. So any box can give you a bow basically. Open a box for the set you want and hope for some luck. A specific weapon type/trait combo could take a lot of boxes to get to.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each vendor in Cyrodiil offers different sets, usually found in boxes like "offensive heavyor something like that. The vendors are in your home base and places like Cropsford. Google should have a list of which vendor provides which sets. Then you need to pick the correct box.

I think guild traders may be an easier way to get said bow.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an all alliance everything vendor in the middle of Alessia bridge.
  • wasup23
    wasup23
    Thank you all for the replies. I believe you are all correct, and I thank you for the information. However, I found a vendor that has a box that only gives weapons, so this greatly increases my chances, and I was able to find a bow! For Daggerfall, there is a vendor in the south gate by the blacksmithing station that has a "Unidentified Hew's Bane Weapon" |H0:item:76876:1:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0|h|h

It is the fourth from the last thing on the list. I so far have gotten VERY good blue weapons from it each time. First off, I got a bow just out of luck. However, they are at your champion level. The items that you get will be for where you are, so just keep that in mind. As you go back as you level, you will get better gear.

Thank you all for the help! I hope this help others! ALLIANCE POINTS ARE NOT WORTHLESS!
  • wasup23
    wasup23
    Lilou Guidroz is the vendor's name!