The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

First Time Tank Build Leveling

Insgod
Insgod
Soul Shriven
So I have a level 17 Imperial Templar Tank and my question is, do I even worry about tanking prior to lvl 50+? Can I tank in group dungeons at such a low level? As for as skills should I focus on getting tanking skills or just level all of them? Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal Group Dungeons do not require a Tank, per say, but it is good to learn the techniques. Also, because of perceived issues with lower level players, your going to need to find guildmates or friends to run dungeons with. Your not going to have much luck with the Group Finder. This does not mean you should not try them, just know it will take some effort to find people to run with.

As for Leveling, its not about your build, it's about preparing your character for the Champ Ranks, see the following I have written for other threads for some guidance with this:

First leveling character? Forget about Builds right now. No need, your handicapped anyway by the game so you are way more powerful than you need to be. Instead take advantage of this buff to properly level your character so you can be deadly when it matters later on when you are not buffed by the level scaling. In other words, you can create a rotation that makes you think your all that and a biscuit because of the scaling buffs, then get a rude awakening come Champ Ranks when you are on your own.

In other words, right now if your wearing any gear, the mobs will die.

1. Have one class skill on your bar at all times, swapping them out once the skill reaches Morph stage. Worry about your Morphs later.
    2. Have one weapon skill on your bar at all times, again until Morph stage
    3. Wear a mix of all 3 armor types so they all level about equally
    4. From L1 to L20, invest in attack skills and actives
    5. From L20 to L35 start investing in Passives and Support Skills
    6. From L35 to L50 start investing in Morphs (but only if all your class skills are at the Morph Stage), Passives and Crafting Skills
    7 From CP10 to CP160 try out dropped sets to see which ones fit your playstyle, don't worry about traits right now, fill in passives and actives you may have missed
    8. Grind on Dolmens to level your Fighters Guild, or find the Lore Books to level Mages Guild
    9. Do some stealing to level Legerdemain, best source for money in the game
    10. Decon every piece of gear you get that you are not going to use immediately to level equipment crafting, no need to invest skills points until Champ Ranks.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get yourself to CP160 anyway you can, this is usually best done by levelling up as dps role then switching once you hit 50 (or CP160) then worry about tanking after by doing normal dungeons.

You can quite easily tank normal dungeons at level 17 if you have sword and shield and taunt, you dont need any tanky passives at all in normal dungeons but if you have spare skill points invest them and slot skills on your bar so they level up.

the best way to level up skills you have neglected whilst levelling is to wait to level 50, put the skills you want levelled up on your back bar wait until you are enlightened, join a random dungeon and just before the final boss dies switch to your back bar and they all get a 400k boost and level up exteremly fast.

Edited by SquareSausage on December 29, 2016 11:39PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
    Answer ✓
  • Insgod
    Insgod
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome, thank you. Exactly the guidance I was looking for!!
  • Insgod
    Insgod
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you!!