Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dk Stam Tank sets for PVE?

Balmoon
Balmoon
Soul Shriven
So i'm at 110 cp , and i guess i will be cp 160 before this weekend kicks-in. I'm interested in doing group PVE (vet dungeons & normal trials) , already started doing vet dungeons and i'm not that bad. :wink:

What are some good set combos that i should get , and where can i get them please? (also what is the undaunted box i should open?)

Edit : i also find myself needing needing magicka more often than stamina ...
Edited by Balmoon on December 19, 2016 10:36AM
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the greatest tank. But i use plague doctor 5 piece set to boost my health from 22k to around 39k. Then I use beekeeper 5 piece to boost my health recovery from 1k to about 2.5k. Both sets are area drops. Not from dungeons. You can easily buy plague Doctor at guild traders, but if you wanted to you farm it in Deshaan. Beekeeper drops in Greenshade. Really hard to kill someone with that much health. I use monster helm and Pauldron. Use dual wield as your second weapon set so you can keep two 5 piece sets active
    Edited by Jciampi on December 19, 2016 12:42PM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragonguard or Tava + Ebon+ bloodspawn.

You need to build for high max stamina with magika regen. So glyph out your jewlery with magika regen. Stupid high health isn't important. 30-32k is spot on.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • o0Velius
    o0Velius
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly it depends on what type of content you are looking at doing.

Because though most Vet dungeons + Normal ones do not require a fully dedicated tank. A Tank Hybrid would be considered the best for these types of content.
    Tank hybrid, is were you can tank the bosses for the the trash and even during some boss fights you put out a good amount of DPS. Now the dps wont be nearly as high as most Actual DPS; but its much more useful than a full fledged Tank.

Now if you plan on going into end game content. ( which is what everyone will tell you the best gear for) Then you def, would want to insure your have magic Reg and enough stamina for blocking.

So Dragonguard, Tavas and Bloodspawn and beginner tank sets.

However the Meta and what most Raid groups like to see their tanks running would be

Roar of Alkosh and Ebon Army.. Monster set can be a number of things. You can mix and match; or you can use a full set.

Mighty Chudan.
    Bloodspawn
    Lord Warden.
    are currently the 3 best Monster sets to run.
    Main Tank For
    Difficulty Increased
    [/b]

PC : @o0Velius

Xbox One. GT: oo Velius
    [/center]
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I go 5pc hist bark, 2pc sword/shield alchemist, just for the hp bonus, tremor monster set (my preference). Att points are something like 12 magicka, 0 health, 54 stam. All sturdy, with with the block reduction enchants on jewelry. Stats are around 35k health, 16k magicka, 22k stam with tri-stat food. I don't do much dmg, but I can tank anything for days easily.
    Edited by Maikon on December 30, 2016 4:52PM
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ Whatever he says is pretty much law in the tanking world.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade