Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Think I've discovered why so many blue screens and frame rate freezing after kills...Zenimax READ!

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so a lot of people in-game have been complaining about the blue screens and frame rate freezing after killing and enemy (which, in trials or dungeons when large amounts of enemies are dying at the same time can result in a total screen freeze but you can still chat).

The common element, is that nearly ALL the users experiencing this issue have been magic users.

With that in mind, I run a magicka nightblade build that uses destruction staff backbar, and dual wield front bar.

Ran back to back to back dungeons a few times now, and the results are the SAME everytime. When enemies die on when I'm on my Destruction Staff, I get the freeze framing after kills, and I also blue screened a LOT after dropping Wall of Elements and I'm too quick to cast a light attack (meaning light weaving after WoE is a dangerous game of russian roullette if you don't want blue screening). But all the time I remain on my destruction staff, if the freeze framing after kills is in effect - it WILL happen on this bar.

Now... same dungeon, if I switch to my dual wield - the freeze framing goes away, and I rarely get blue screened on this bar. This is absolutely NOT a coincidence. I've kept a strong log of this happening now... I have kept log of the last 40 blue screens I've had (which is only a 2 week log, which is scary in itself). 33 of those blue screens happened when I had a staff (restoration or destruction) in my hands. Of those 29 out of 33 were the Destruction Staff. Of the remaining 7, 4 were dual wield and 3 were sword and shield (I rarely use a 2-hander so don't read anything into that).

Get this... out of the 29 Destruction Staff blue screens... 24 of them were directly AFTER I cast Wall of Elements in a trial or dungeon.

This is most definitely an ESO problem, so when I submit tickets I get tired of being told its my internet connection. I'm hard-wired to the modem with DNS flushed and ports opened. Connection is set up manually... its good, believe me. This is clearly a STAFF problem.... Let's please look into it - because it appears I've done more research and testing into this than the devs have.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a pretty crazy way to complain about stamina vs magicka.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    That's a pretty crazy way to complain about stamina vs magicka.

Lol... I love both my stam and magicka characters equally :) But ZoS really need to address this issue. It's becoming a nightmare to try to light weave on a magicka user.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTH are Zenimax on this???? This is ridiculous... I'm giving you a MAJOR reason for blue screens and frame rate freezes - and you are nowhere to be seen.

Do you even want to fix your game????

@ZOS_GinaBruno can we check this out??
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have noticed the freezing when an enemy dies, more obvious in PVE only because PVP has always been laggy anyway. What I had not considered was what character I was on and what weapon I have been using.

My latest character is a magicka DK using 2 destruction fire staffs, so most of the time I have been on this one, ranking up in Blackwater. I cannot take it into any PVP battles of more than about 8 people without everyone freezing (on my screen) and me getting disconnected from the server.

The other one I spend a lot of time on, especially for PVE is my magicka Nightblade, with a destro and a resto staff. With both of these characters I have noticed a freeze of about a half a second or so every time someone or something else dies, even if they are killed by someone else in my group.

When I am on later, I will swap weapons and see if I notice any difference, or test one of my stam characters to see if the same issue occurs.

(Edit)PS. I have only noticed this problem since the last patch.
    Edited by disintegr8 on December 29, 2016 10:49PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening long before this patch - but it's become way more frequent now. This is something that BADLY needs addressing, and unless we all start overwhelming them with submitted tickets - it will get put on the back burner.

It seems they are more concerned in dealing with cry-baby PVP complaints than an actual working copy of their game.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol just lol OP.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wall of elements blue screen is probably the most frequent in game right now... and people don't even realize it.. they are yet to put 2 and 2 together...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Lol just lol OP.

Laugh all you like... but I don't see you spotting the cause of problems ;)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been saying this for the longest time wall is EVIL!

i read a post where someone theorised that it was the CP passive (magic back on a kill) so i took out my CP and went & did a normal dungeon but the crashing/freezing droped frame rate continued

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

i read a post where someone theorised that it was the CP passive (magic back on a kill) so i took out my CP and went & did a normal dungeon but the crashing/freezing droped frame rate continued

What is Cymraeg?
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

What is Cymraeg?

No idea where you got "Cymraeg" from... but it means "Welsh/Wales" in... well ... the language of Welsh/Wales... lol.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I see it now... Puff is obviously Welsh too.. got it...
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're correct in what you said OP.

I experienced the same thing ( I quit my magicka sorc due to this issue )

When on stam there are no blue screens... well not many not nearly as many.

When killing an enemy with destro the game will 1-2 second hop (lag freeze) then continue on kill another... the same.

It's an issue and I wish it was looked into.-
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Been saying this crashing/blue screening too much can't be just us, it has to be ZoS too.. BTW it's in PvP too when you kill another player it lags/freezes for 1-2 seconds not to mention destro ulti multi kill lag/freezing

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been saying this crashing/blue screening too much can't be just us, it has to be ZoS too.. BTW it's in PvP too when you kill another player it lags/freezes for 1-2 seconds not to mention destro ulti multi kill lag/freezing

Just simply being on your Destro staff side, no matter the ability you use, will cause frame rate freezes after kills. You can reloadui to fix it temporarily -but this isn't a viable option when you're in the middle of battle.

Wall of Elements has blue screened me MANY times... it renders magicka characters utterly useless to play right now. Too unreliable.