The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Emperor - That's not how it works..

• stealthyevil
    stealthyevil
    ✭✭✭
    Pchela wrote: »
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    Crown wrote: »
    Paneross wrote: »
    Emperor isn't earned anymore. Multi-faction guilds take turns boosting each other to emp. It's who know, not what you do.

I've heard that a lot from console players lately, though it does not seem to be the case on PC/NA.

If you play on AD pc/na, you won't be crowned emp unless you are a member of one of their giant ass guilds. @sypherpk had #1 for like 3 days on his nightblade this week, but no organised groups got together to crown him so he didn't get it.

No organized groups exist on a consistent basis in AD right now. I like how everyone automatically assumes a PvP guild is full of 500 players ready to zerg the map down, all u need to do is type "Dominion1" for invite. A competitive PvP guild will be lucky to have 60 total members in guild.

Emperor requires many hours of map play before even remotely considering crowning. I would love to see someone start a PUG group to wrangle 24 players...let alone 24 AD players to try crown emperor and see how that works out. Sadly, "competitive" group play is shamed upon by fanboys and 1vX'ers yet its probably one of the most fun and rewarding things to just go out with 4 - 8 friends and roll over enemies while having a good time.

I use competitive loosely as this meta does not promote any competitive group play.

Back in my days of pug wrangling, I gathered up a group to take back our home keeps, and we rolled with it and wound up crowning with the help of another guild (can't remember the name, was on old TB) right before primetime. The puggies in my group were so excited that they had the emperor leading them, I think it made it probably my favorite EMP crowning. I definitely have a lot more respect for someone who wants to get emperor and pushes while leading their own group. Feel like if you want it, contribute your fair share of the labor for the crowning. These players aren't your slaves, they're your comrades.

It is definitely possible to lead PUGS to victory, with the breed of AD that we currently have at the moment though it is hard. I have tried many times to get groups together last campaign to retake keeps/do objectives during the day. The unwillingness of people to join groups/get in discord/teamspeak to function properly was discouraging to the point where I just gave up and potato'd the bridge the entire campaign.
    Ex-Gf/Steálthy MagNb Destro Spam
    Cliff Racer Spam MagDen Bird Spam
    @stealthyevil

RÁGE RIP
    Venatus
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    Emperor isn't earned anymore. Multi-faction guilds take turns boosting each other to emp. It's who know, not what you do.

I've heard that a lot from console players lately, though it does not seem to be the case on PC/NA.

If you play on AD pc/na, you won't be crowned emp unless you are a member of one of their giant ass guilds. @sypherpk had #1 for like 3 days on his nightblade this week, but no organised groups got together to crown him so he didn't get it.

No organized groups exist on a consistent basis in AD right now. I like how everyone automatically assumes a PvP guild is full of 500 players ready to zerg the map down, all u need to do is type "Dominion1" for invite. A competitive PvP guild will be lucky to have 60 total members in guild.

Emperor requires many hours of map play before even remotely considering crowning. I would love to see someone start a PUG group to wrangle 24 players...let alone 24 AD players to try crown emperor and see how that works out. Sadly, "competitive" group play is shamed upon by fanboys and 1vX'ers yet its probably one of the most fun and rewarding things to just go out with 4 - 8 friends and roll over enemies while having a good time.

I use competitive loosely as this meta does not promote any competitive group play.

Back in my days of pug wrangling, I gathered up a group to take back our home keeps, and we rolled with it and wound up crowning with the help of another guild (can't remember the name, was on old TB) right before primetime. The puggies in my group were so excited that they had the emperor leading them, I think it made it probably my favorite EMP crowning. I definitely have a lot more respect for someone who wants to get emperor and pushes while leading their own group. Feel like if you want it, contribute your fair share of the labor for the crowning. These players aren't your slaves, they're your comrades.

It is definitely possible to lead PUGS to victory, with the breed of AD that we currently have at the moment though it is hard. I have tried many times to get groups together last campaign to retake keeps/do objectives during the day. The unwillingness of people to join groups/get in discord/teamspeak to function properly was discouraging to the point where I just gave up and potato'd the bridge the entire campaign.

It's the same on EP unfortunately. Even if you do make a group that doesn't use coms, half of em wind up on that bridge anyways.
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't Crown that guy who got caught being fed ap for emp when Sypher was last going for emp?
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Isn't Crown that guy who got caught being fed ap for emp when Sypher was last going for emp?

He was never caught.

On topic: After all the times I've been emp, I just learned that emp get healing bonus lol. I guess it's never to late to learn :neutral:
    EU | PC
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

He was never caught.

Crown is a stand up guy and a very talented player and I highly doubt he'd get dirty to get emp. It's not like he's ever had a kid threatened and harassed into quitting so he could continue making the most ap. Now THAT is some dirty dealings.

Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obvious Sypher fanbois.

He accused him of it because he couldnt "find" crown anywhere on map. Water under the bridge tho. This time was worse.

His danbois threatened a kid with death threats and crap and his parents saw it made the kid quit the game.

That should,be banable Zos.
    Options
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

He was never caught.

Crown is a stand up guy and a very talented player and I highly doubt he'd get dirty to get emp. It's not like he's ever had a kid threatened and harassed into quitting so he could continue making the most ap. Now THAT is some dirty dealings.

That truly sickens me. The game taken seriously is ok but to go beyond a normal "saltiness" to threat someone....Serious blow to the rep of streamer guy even though most likely he can´t be responsible of what his fans do. Shame, shame!!
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curious, but is there any link to Sypher advocating for that sort of harassment? I don't watch his streams and don't really think it would be fun to watch someone just piloting other folks builds, but if he ever did ask his fans to reach out then that really does sound like a pretty scummy thing and a banable offense.
    Edited by Adenoma on December 29, 2016 5:15PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

He was never caught.

That's disgusting :anguished:
    EU | PC
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice write up. Feel the need to clear some things up.

I don't look down upon group play and the term "zerg" is just how I describe large groups by habit. Not in a derogatory way. I wish the game could handle these large scale battles but the poor servers struggle. That being said, me going for emperor is always just a lucky gamble. I don't have a guild backing and don't have the connections, so I just hope for the best and don't really care too much, just a personal challenge.

As for the guy who got allegedly "harassed" I never mentioned any names, I never accused anyone of anything. I was sent these two screen shots and showed them on stream. People jumped to their own conclusions. I don't know who it was, but SOMEONE was doing something very sketchy.

TlDkHPe.jpg
    uFX4lbD.jpg

[snip]

[edited for naming and shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 1, 2017 4:46PM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

I don't look down upon group play and the term "zerg" is just how I describe large groups by habit. Not in a derogatory way. I wish the game could handle these large scale battles but the poor servers struggle. That being said, me going for emperor is always just a lucky gamble. I don't have a guild backing and don't have the connections, so I just hope for the best and don't really care too much, just a personal challenge.

As for the guy who got allegedly "harassed" I never mentioned any names, I never accused anyone of anything. I was sent these two screen shots and showed them on stream. People jumped to their own conclusions. I don't know who it was, but SOMEONE was doing something very sketchy.

TlDkHPe.jpg
    uFX4lbD.jpg

Is this someone having DC feed them AP? That's crappy too.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 1, 2017 4:46PM
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is this someone having DC feed them AP? That's crappy too.

Yup, that's exactly what was happening.

[minor edit for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on January 1, 2017 4:47PM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What cracks me up the most is Crown had every opportunity to disprove the accusation with his "video" yet strangely it never saw the light of day to anyone other than his "friends". That is amazingly convenient.

At the end of the day if you need to cheat to get ahead in a video game your issues run far deeper than the act itself. I truly pity and individual that needs to resort to things like that. Has to be something missing in their life. Look at Lance Armstrong. That guy absolutely could not let the lie go until the evidence against him was insurmountable. Very odd personality type.

As for "water under the bridge" I don't see how that comment has any relevance. People tend to resort to past behavior (especially when not penalized for it) so anyone who AP farms is likely to do so again. Is that fair?
    Options
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Nice guide Crown!

Thanks! I'm trying to update all of the older stuff on darkelves.com

With the recent complaints by @Sypher in stream about people not wanting to push for him (and the polite requests by some of his fans that I help do so) I decided this would be a good guide to update.

Why should I or any other AD for that matter help them get emperor? They have a me first me only attitude. No loyalty to any faction and are here today gone tomorrow.

Further more their play style while skillful has no impact on the tactical level of moving the map. So basically they want AD to rally to the cause and hand them emperor?

Options
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going for emperor on TF is pretty selfish and harmful to any faction. Whatever faction gets emp will find itself double teamed to its gates, not to mention the inevitable last keep dethrone lag that will be caused will be miserable time for everyone.

Haderus is your best bet if you want to emp, 7 day reset so wait for reset and start your run, then night cap it - PvDoor style.

Or be a DC on Azuras, because regardless of anything you do, you will get emp every night except that's a 30 day so long wait for a reset.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TlDkHPe.jpg
    uFX4lbD.jpg

Also take anything @Darnathian says with a grain of salt. The guy is a lunatic who despises plenty of people. Also @God_flakes , but I'm sure most of you know this.

Lmfao

@Darnathian I'm more of a Sribes fanboy tbh. He's a true PVP legend, inspiring a whole generation of PVPers on all platforms to turn to ganking. But based on talking to Sypher on his stream etc. I honestly don't think he asked people to threaten whoever they threatened.

Jauriel is Jauriel though. Can't take anything she says seriously.
    Edited by KisoValley on December 29, 2016 7:56PM
    Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @montiferus What cracks me up is all you fanbois seem to think that you deserve to know everything. I offered to show @Sypher exactly how I used to make the most AP in one of my preferred methods on his stream, and his response was that it would benefit everyone in that case (implying that people in the know could make more AP than he could). Like many other true AP farming techniques, if many people know what you're doing - especially your opponents, they won't fall for the tricks. Too many people (more than one in the same area) trying the same strategy also negates its effectiveness.

@Sypher's current method of making AP is running a 1-second gank build. I will not debate that it takes skill to do so - and freely admit that he's a lot better at that particular build than I am. What he's doing though is the type of activity that anyone could do with enough practice. He even said yesterday on stream that if there were a group of AD really farming AP they would be ahead of him already. Last campaign at the start, there were 4 of us who made over 1 million AP per day for the first 3 days (average was about 120k / hour), then we slowed down and played casually. Stealthy and I did some calculations, and determined that if we played for about 8 hours per day, new toons could reach Grand Overlord (AR50) in three months.

What @Sypher is not doing is playing strategically for AP. He's going wherever opponents are, and trying to kill the easy targets. How many times does he choose not to attack someone who has more than 22k health? You hear that from him quite often. How often does he complain that he picked a tanky target who he'll get down to a few k health and have to retreat? I've seen it a few times and have only watched his stream for about an hour total this campaign (mostly while on the train). His challenge is that as a streamer, if he were to use one of my strategies, then his opponents would know what he was doing and be a lot less likely to die.

I've been emperor more than 70 times. Over 100 if you count back-to-backs / night-caps / PvDoors. Having reached AR50, I really don't care about AP and haven't since reaching it. It entertains me more knowing that people like you are frustrated not knowing how to farm AP than it would giving many of my strategies to the public. If one of the past few former emperors for AD to whom I've given strategies care to share them, I won't object. If they have other toons on which they want emperor or want to keep the strategies to people who know how to be polite and respectful, then I support that decision.

With regards to the screen shots that Mei'linka took and Sypher posted, that is a very interesting spot, and I agree that it seems bizarre to have three DC there. Here are my thoughts on the screen shot:
    • The one on the left looks to be in medium armour, the one that we can see on the right looks to be in heavy armour, and I can't see the one in back well enough.
    • It looks like both of the ones on the right are facing the flag, perhaps preparing to jump down and take the resource when they get back from AFK.
    • If they were being killed and rezzing continuously, the ones on the right would be facing each other and at least one of them would be facing the one on the left.
    • If someone wanted to kill people continuously for AP, those people should be naked (under costumes) or at most in light armour to make it quick and easy to kill them.
    • I believe that any attack noises can be heard from a ways away and the lights from skill use can be seen from a good distance, so a very fast kill would be necessary to remain hidden. If someone would like to test that with a cooperative opposing faction friend - and have someone watch from around the area to see what can be seen or heard, I'm sure people would love to know.
    • Three players who are low level are probably worth in the area of 1.2 to 1.5k AP per kill with AP resetting every 5 minutes. Assuming that the killer is getting ticks, that's at most 3k per person every 5 minutes for a total of 9k. Nobody is going to have perfect timing, so 11 kills per hour is at most 100k AP per hour though likely a good amount less than that.
    • If four people had an agreement to farm each other round robin, with them each taking a turn, that's still only 25k per hour each for the total amount of time spent. You can make a lot more than that just playing normally.
    • Farming the same people over and over again would be hellishly boring. I can't imagine three people wanting to stay there for long. Coming down and giving a friend a few kills over the course of a few minutes is reasonable, though to do so for a long time seems very unlikely.
    • It's unlikely that nobody passed through that area in an hour and saw/heard something or got a tick and chose to investigate. We often see someone say in zone that they got a random tick somewhere, and that usually prompts a few people to go check the area out.
    • Has anyone tried to whisper them or send them mails in game asking what they were doing?
    • Conclusion: It's possible that someone was AP farming those three DC players, though it seems unlikely.
    Edited by Crown on December 29, 2016 8:08PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @montiferus What cracks me up is all you fanbois seem to think that you deserve to know everything. I offered to show @Sypher exactly how I used to make the most AP in one of my preferred methods on his stream, and his response was that it would benefit everyone in that case (implying that people in the know could make more AP than he could). Like many other true AP farming techniques, if many people know what you're doing - especially your opponents, they won't fall for the tricks. Too many people (more than one in the same area) trying the same strategy also negates its effectiveness.

@Sypher's current method of making AP is running a 1-second gank build. I will not debate that it takes skill to do so - and freely admit that he's a lot better at that particular build than I am. What he's doing though is the type of activity that anyone could do with enough practice. He even said yesterday on stream that if there were a group of AD really farming AP they would be ahead of him already. Last campaign at the start, there were 4 of us who made over 1 million AP per day for the first 3 days (average was about 120k / hour), then we slowed down and played casually. Stealthy and I did some calculations, and determined that if we played for about 8 hours per day, new toons could reach Grand Overlord (AR50) in three months.

What @Sypher is not doing is playing strategically for AP. He's going wherever opponents are, and trying to kill the easy targets. How many times does he choose not to attack someone who has more than 22k health? You hear that from him quite often. How often does he complain that he picked a tanky target who he'll get down to a few k health and have to retreat? I've seen it a few times and have only watched his stream for about an hour total this campaign (mostly while on the train). His challenge is that as a streamer, if he were to use one of my strategies, then his opponents would know what he was doing and be a lot less likely to die.

I've been emperor more than 70 times. Over 100 if you count back-to-backs / night-caps / PvDoors. Having reached AR50, I really don't care about AP and haven't since reaching it. It entertains me more knowing that people like you are frustrated not knowing how to farm AP than it would giving many of my strategies to the public. If one of the past few former emperors for AD to whom I've given strategies care to share them, I won't object. If they have other toons on which they want emperor or want to keep the strategies to people who know how to be polite and respectful, then I support that decision.

With regards to the screen shots that Mei'linka took and Sypher posted, that is a very interesting spot, and I agree that it seems bizarre to have three DC there. Here are my thoughts on the screen shot:
    • The one on the left looks to be in medium armour, the one that we can see on the right looks to be in heavy armour, and I can't see the one in back well enough.
    • It looks like both of the ones on the right are facing the flag, perhaps preparing to jump down and take the resource when they get back from AFK.
    • If they were being killed and rezzing continuously, the ones on the right would be facing each other and at least one of them would be facing the one on the left.
    • If someone wanted to kill people continuously for AP, those people should be naked (under costumes) or at most in light armour to make it quick and easy to kill them.
    • I believe that any attack noises can be heard from a ways away and the lights from skill use can be seen from a good distance, so a very fast kill would be necessary to remain hidden. If someone would like to test that with a cooperative opposing faction friend - and have someone watch from around the area to see what can be seen or heard, I'm sure people would love to know.
    • Three players who are low level are probably worth in the area of 1.2 to 1.5k AP per kill with AP resetting every 5 minutes. Assuming that the killer is getting ticks, that's at most 3k per person every 5 minutes for a total of 9k. Nobody is going to have perfect timing, so 11 kills per hour is at most 100k AP per hour though likely a good amount less than that.
    • If four people had an agreement to farm each other round robin, with them each taking a turn, that's still only 25k per hour each for the total amount of time spent. You can make a lot more than that just playing normally.
    • Farming the same people over and over again would be hellishly boring. I can't imagine three people wanting to stay there for long. Coming down and giving a friend a few kills over the course of a few minutes is reasonable, though to do so for a long time seems very unlikely.
    • It's unlikely that nobody passed through that area in an hour and saw/heard something or got a tick and chose to investigate. We often see someone say in zone that they got a random tick somewhere, and that usually prompts a few people to go check the area out.
    • Has anyone tried to whisper them or send them mails in game asking what they were doing?
    • Conclusion: It's possible that someone was AP farming those three DC players, though it seems unlikely.

You're over analyzing the picture. Someone was AP farming and their operation got shut down. It's pretty plain cut. Their location, the rock hiding them from plain sight. The low level toons (throw away accounts). The map structure.

Conclusion: There's a small chance this was all a coincidence, though it seems unlikely.

Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Directed @Sypher
    Nice write up.

Thanks. If there's anything people feel is missing or would like to see added, please let me know.
    I don't look down upon group play and the term "zerg" is just how I describe large groups by habit. Not in a derogatory way.

Most solo / small group players call anything over 4 a zerg. We're used to it. Some people don't get that it's fun to be social with a larger group. Playing with a group of a dozen friends that you've known for years is a lot more fun that going solo/duo where all you do is the same kills over and over again. To many of us, what you do is boring - but everyone has their own definition of fun and what's important is that they enjoy themselves without ruining the fun of other people.

For the record, even those of us running 12 person groups get mad and call the 40+ balls of opponents zergs in a derogatory way at times. We know that most of the time it's likely to be 4-5 smaller groups in the same place at the same time, but that doesn't stop us from calling them zergs.
    I wish the game could handle these large scale battles but the poor servers struggle.

It's a heck of a lot better than in TG around the time of the exodus. The only reason many of us came back is that Cyrodiil is usually playable (exceptions being Friday/Saturday nights, and holidays like this past week) in prime time.
    That being said, me going for emperor is always just a lucky gamble. I don't have a guild backing and don't have the connections, so I just hope for the best

Have you considered asking the AD group leaders if they'll help support you as emp? Most of us are in a private room on the ESO PvP Discord. Some may want to help, some may not care one way or the other, and some may hate you and actively refuse, but you don't achieve anything unless you try. There's a huge difference between saying to the general public, "I want to be emp" and going to each group leader and respectfully saying, "I would greatly appreciate your help getting emp. I know I can't do it myself unless I get really lucky, and would like to make a new series of videos for my viewers and the public at large. If there's anything I can do in return for you assistance, please let me know and I'll do my best if I achieve my goal!" If a kid walks up to your general area and says "I want candy" versus going up to you directly and say, "please sir, may i have a piece of the candy you are holding", will your response be different?

As much of a donkey as many of us think you can be at times, I'm sure that many of us do find you entertaining and sometimes watch you stream (some days the drama is better than most soap operas). You picked the wrong reset to push, as most of us are burned out from the previous campaign where we focused on the win (as opposed to just whatever is most fun), though again if you don't ask, you don't get. People will rarely offer something unless they see something in it for them or unless they feel appreciated.
    and don't really care too much, just a personal challenge.

You seem to care quite a bit, to the point of it being either a strategic decision or consciously avoiding direct knowledge of your viewers sending hate whispers to a kid in order to remove him from the competition for emp. Whether that is fact or not, that's what the rumour mill is repeating.
    Options
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're over analyzing the picture.

Strategic assessment is what I do in real life. I enjoy it, and if it makes people think rather than blindly follow on a bandwagon then all the more entertainment for me ;-)

Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Directed @Sypher
    Nice write up.

Thanks. If there's anything people feel is missing or would like to see added, please let me know.
    I don't look down upon group play and the term "zerg" is just how I describe large groups by habit. Not in a derogatory way.

Most solo / small group players call anything over 4 a zerg. We're used to it. Some people don't get that it's fun to be social with a larger group. Playing with a group of a dozen friends that you've known for years is a lot more fun that going solo/duo where all you do is the same kills over and over again. To many of us, what you do is boring - but everyone has their own definition of fun and what's important is that they enjoy themselves without ruining the fun of other people.

For the record, even those of us running 12 person groups get mad and call the 40+ balls of opponents zergs in a derogatory way at times. We know that most of the time it's likely to be 4-5 smaller groups in the same place at the same time, but that doesn't stop us from calling them zergs.
    I wish the game could handle these large scale battles but the poor servers struggle.

It's a heck of a lot better than in TG around the time of the exodus. The only reason many of us came back is that Cyrodiil is usually playable (exceptions being Friday/Saturday nights, and holidays like this past week) in prime time.
    That being said, me going for emperor is always just a lucky gamble. I don't have a guild backing and don't have the connections, so I just hope for the best

Have you considered asking the AD group leaders if they'll help support you as emp? Most of us are in a private room on the ESO PvP Discord. Some may want to help, some may not care one way or the other, and some may hate you and actively refuse, but you don't achieve anything unless you try. There's a huge difference between saying to the general public, "I want to be emp" and going to each group leader and respectfully saying, "I would greatly appreciate your help getting emp. I know I can't do it myself unless I get really lucky, and would like to make a new series of videos for my viewers and the public at large. If there's anything I can do in return for you assistance, please let me know and I'll do my best if I achieve my goal!" If a kid walks up to your general area and says "I want candy" versus going up to you directly and say, "please sir, may i have a piece of the candy you are holding", will your response be different?

As much of a donkey as many of us think you can be at times, I'm sure that many of us do find you entertaining and sometimes watch you stream (some days the drama is better than most soap operas). You picked the wrong reset to push, as most of us are burned out from the previous campaign where we focused on the win (as opposed to just whatever is most fun), though again if you don't ask, you don't get. People will rarely offer something unless they see something in it for them or unless they feel appreciated.
    and don't really care too much, just a personal challenge.

You seem to care quite a bit, to the point of it being either a strategic decision or consciously avoiding direct knowledge of your viewers sending hate whispers to a kid in order to remove him from the competition for emp. Whether that is fact or not, that's what the rumour mill is repeating.

I might stop by in the discord.

"You seem to care quite a bit, to the point of it being either a strategic decision or consciously avoiding direct knowledge of your viewers sending hate whispers to a kid in order to remove him from the competition for emp. Whether that is fact or not, that's what the rumour mill is repeating."

Not true, I addressed it the day it happened and also talked about it today. I don't condone it and didn't encourage it.

Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I havn't been pvping or leading any groups much the last few days coz of christmas etc. Half the best players in venatus haven't been online or playing.

I think in the last 2 campaigns there has only been 2 occasions that AD has crowned emp that I wasn't involved in. Pretty much every other time I was leading a group to help crown emp.

Taking the emp keeps is really hard. Last campaign for example I'm good friends with stealthy and he's a guildy so it only makes sense that I'm going to put a group together to crown him. Just like when I'm #1 I will lead a group to crown myself lol.

Also I know stealthy had an OP emp build and it would be a lot of fun, same with myself. So it is worth spending hours of my afternoon leading a group of people to crown emp, then spending a ridiculous amount of time/ effort trying to defend it. In fact I personally don't try and crown any friends/ guildmates on Trueflame unless I know what build they are intending to run as emp. If I think it's a *** emp build then I'm not going to waste my time or put the faction in a bad position, as harsh as that sounds. If they want the achievement or whatever they can go get it on another campaign.

Sypher never plays with anyone and just ganks? I hope he doesn't just wanna gank as emp coz that'd be pretty disappointing. I mean if the opportunity comes up to crown him and I'm leading a group, I'd probably help but there really is no incentive for me or any of AD for that matter to go out of their way spending time trying to crown him. If he just runs around solo ganking as emp he'd probs be deposed in under 30 mins lol.

As for 'giant ass guilds' I'm lucky If i can get 8 competent players in group. I think the highest we've gotten to was 14 players in group during my final emp keep defence in prime time.

Hagnado runs similar numbers, Fantasia is a little bigger, but nothing compared to some of the guilds DC are stacking together atm.

Agreed. The first few times I was crowned on blackwater blade I crowned emp leading Pug groups and had a very similar experience. Rallied a big army to crown nigel the great, who at the time no one really knew who it was but like all the pugs / new players thought this nigel the great guy along with the other 'greats' I played with were some kind of demigods it was pretty funny.

When I was on my templar a few months back I managed to open EP gates and get 5 emp keeps with a 24 man pug group with no TS on TF (all factions were on 2 bars) and still failed. It's pretty much impossible to even 'nightcap' emperor on trueflame atm with a pug group. A lot of competitive players play during all periods.

The current meta is really harsh against pug groups, they get absolutely destroyed by any half decent player. That's why I stick to leading / playing with decent players or run around solo.

Last campaign at the start, there were 4 of us who made over 1 million AP per day for the first 3 days (average was about 120k / hour), then we slowed down and played casually.

I think I was the only one that actually made 1 mil AP the first 24hrs, and I didn't even play the first hour after it reset lol. Stealthy, Viz and Duruthy made around 900k or so. I think I only made around 800-900k each day the next 2 days. I stopped earning AP after I was deposed so I could crown stealthy again.

If one of the past few former emperors for AD to whom I've given strategies care to share them, I won't object.

I think you've mentioned your strategies in TS but I've never actually tried them. I stick to my own methods that I know, and have been doing since I was first emp over 2 years ago. Idk, I'm just really skeptical about the reliability of some of your techniques, it pretty much relies on enemies being really stupid. In the time it takes putting your methods into practice I feel like I could make just as much AP normally.

NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

, I'm just really skeptical about the reliability of some of your techniques, it pretty much relies on enemies being really stupid.

Or enemies being really, really, really cooperative.
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

, I'm just really skeptical about the reliability of some of your techniques, it pretty much relies on enemies being really stupid.

Or enemies being really, really, really cooperative.

Think this is the case tbh
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol whatever his techniques may be, I can tell you they have nothing to do with enemies feeding. If I ever found anyone doing that I would never associate with them or talk to them and I wouldn't hesitate to name and shame them.

An example of enemies being stupid would be dying to slaughter fish while you fight them. This isn't one of the techniques he has ever mentioned around me though but just think a long those sorts of lines. Niche stupid ways of getting a flow of kills or high credit for kills whilst staying alive.

I honestly wouldn't bother with or recommend some of the stuff crown suggests to people, I'm happy to share how I make AP though - it's pretty straight forward. Lashan taught me everything I know about AP back when he left DiE in oct 2014 and I've used those AP farming methods ever since.

I prefer to just play normally if possible though, and let the AP just come naturally.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on December 30, 2016 4:32AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol whatever his techniques may be, I can tell you they have nothing to do with enemies feeding. If I ever found anyone doing that I would never associate with them or talk to them and I wouldn't hesitate to name and shame them.

Every one is entitled to their opinion but lets try and look at what is known objectively for a second.

1. At very off-peak hours he acquired a massive amount of AP
    2. Population was low
    3. No major battles shown on the map

Combine this with the images Sypher has shown and the evidence is compelling. Add on the "I have evidence to prove you are wrong but I chose not to reveal it to you" pushes it over the edge for me.
    Options
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every one is entitled to their opinion but lets try and look at what is known objectively for a second.

2. Population was low

Combine this with the images Sypher has shown and the evidence is compelling. Add on the "I have evidence to prove you are wrong but I chose not to reveal it to you" pushes it over the edge for me.

Why would he post it for a bunch of people who hate his guts just because they fanboy some other dude. There's nothing to prove. It's. A. Game.
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »

2. Population was low

Why would he post it for a bunch of people who hate his guts just because they fanboy some other dude. There's nothing to prove. It's. A. Game.

Lol. Let me guess are you a Crown "fanboy"? And for the record I do follow to Sypher's stream but I don't really watch it anymore as I am not into the 1vX thing these days.

Why is there nothing to prove? Because you don't care? Very well move along and find another thread to contribute to. Some of us care about integrity and would like to see the truth come out. And yes it is "a game" which makes it all the more pathetic if someone has to cheat at it.

Edited by montiferus on December 30, 2016 4:16PM
    Options
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent.
    Options
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TlDkHPe.jpg
    uFX4lbD.jpg

Also take anything @Darnathian says with a grain of salt. The guy is a lunatic who despises plenty of people. Also @God_flakes , but I'm sure most of you know this.

LMAO. You dont counter one single point i made and im salty? You did wrongfully accuse Crown of cheating because he was beating u in AP. And ur fan base did harrass this kid with death threats. Because once again he is,beating u in AP.

You did say one thing right. I do despise u. U exploit broken builds, u do nothing to help whatever faction flavor of the month u are playing, and u have terrible hair u like to play with. Lol.

And u wonder why people wont push u for emp. I can tell u it is not the hair.

Sorry. Need to get back to my JOB.
    Edited by Darnathian on December 30, 2016 5:27PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.